|OKGenWeb > ITGenWeb > Applications > Alphabetical > Numerical > Email|
Miller Application # 6975
Residence: Locust Grove, Okla.
Grandparents Arch & Jennie Rowe (Roe) were enrolled by Drennan, group 21 Flint.
Commissioner of Indian Affairs
Washington, D. C.
Sir: I hereby make application for such share as me be due me of the fund appropriated by the Act of Congress approved June 30, 1906, in accordance with the decrees of the Court of Claims of May 18, 1905, and May 28, 1906, in favor of the Eastern Cherokees. The evidence of identity is herewith subjoined.
1. State Full Name:
English Name - Emma Catcher
Indian Name - Salsia
2. Residence - 6 miles S Locust Grove, I.T.
3. Town and Post Office - Locust Grove
4. County - 5th Dist.
5. State - Indian Ty
6. Date and Place of Birth: About 1886 Saline Dist Cherokee Nation
7. By what right do you claim to share? If you claim through more than one relative living in 1851, set forth each claim separately:
1. My father Stand Rowe
2. Grandpa Arch Rowe
3. Grandma Jennie Rowe
4. Grandpa Money Rowe
5. Grandma Ellen Rowe
6. Aunt Nancy Rowe
7. Jim Rowe
8. Aunt Susie Rowe
9. Uncle Bark Rowe.
8. Are you married? Yes
9. Name and age of wife or husband. Andrew Catcher 25 yrs. old Cherokee
10. Give names of your father and mother, and your motherís name before marriage-
English name - Stand Rowe
Indian name - Ta gu? taw?
English name - Vinnie Rowe
Indian name -
Maiden name - Vinnie Murphy
11. Where were they born?
Father - Flint Dist. Cherokee Nation, I.T.
Mother - Saline Dist. Cherokee Nation, I.T
12. Where did they reside in 1851, if living at that time:
Father - Flint Dist. Cherokee Nation, I.T
Mother - Unknown
13. Date of death of your father and mother?
Father - about 1894
Mother - Living
14. Were they ever enrolled for annuities, land, or other benefits? If so, state when and where:
Yes, father emigrant 1851--father and mother both; Cherokee per capita Payments in Saline Dist.; Cherokee Nation.
15. Name all your brothers and sisters, giving ages, and if not living, give date of death:
Frank Rowe born about 1870 Living
Jack Rowe born about 1883 Living
Taylor Rowe born about 1880 Living
Ellen Dirteater born about 1872 Living
Annie Durteater born about 1878 Living
Maud Cochran born about 1888 Living
Ella Rowe born about 1892 Living
Lynda Rowe 19 yrs
16. State English and Indian name of your grandparents on both fatherís and motherís side, if possible:
Ah Day Cor?
17. Where were they born? Cherokee Nation East
18. Where did they reside in 1851, if living at that time? Flint Dist. Cherokee Nation, I.T
19. Give names of all their children, and residence, if living; if not living, give dates of deaths:
English name - Stand Rowe; Indian name - ; Residence - Dead
English name - James Rowe; Indian name - ; Residence - Locust Grove
English name - Nancy Rowe; Indian name - ; Residence - Dead
English name - Jane Rowe; Indian name - Dur-day-gee (*maybe Gur-day-gee); Residence - Dead
20. Have you ever been enrolled for annuities, land, or other benefits? If so, state when and where:
Cherokee per capita payment in Saline Dist. C.N.; and Final Roll the see Com. o The Five; Civilized Tribe.
21. To expedite identification, claimant should give the full English and Indian names, if possible, of their paternal and maternal ancestors back to 1835.
(Under this head the applicant may give additional information that he believes will assist in proving his claim).
Transcribed by Kathy Pitts, 2003