Shiloh Baptist Church was organized at Towsend Mill (Adamsville) in
1875. When Shiloh was admitted to the Hamilton
County Baptist Association on 9 September, 1878, the minutes indicated
that Joseph Alexander Land had organized the church. Shiloh Baptist Church
was dismissed from Hamilton County Baptist Association on 17 August, 1910.
Shiloh became the Adamsville Baptist Church and is a participating member
of the Lampasas Baptist Association.