W. T. JAMES
The James Studio of Photography is located
on the east side of the square on the top floor of the Chesley Building.
Special interest taken when photographing children.
W. T. James was born in Union, Mississippi, December 15, 1874. He came to
Texas in 1899 settling in Comanche. There he studied photography as an
apprentice in the studio of J. A. Broddy. A few years later he established
a studio in Comanche with a man named Parrish. He left the shop in
Comanche under the management and established his present studio in
Hamilton in 1906 where he has been in business ever since.
In 1903 he married Mrs. Callie Perry in
Comanche. She was reared in Missouri. She had two sons, Wyatt of Perrytown,,
who is also a photographer; Albert of St. Petersburg, Florida. They have
one son, Garland James, who is now living in Oklahoma.
Mr. James tells of how he acquired his
middle name, Thomas. When he was a little fellow he realized it was
unusual for a boy to have but one name. He felt extremely hurt and
neglected. He had a friend, Rev. Thomas, whom he adored and revered. One
day the baby William informed his parents that his name was going to be
William Thomas and that from that day on they were to call him Thomas,
which they did.
The James Studio has recently been equipped with modern cameras that use
fast speed films and lens. These aid particularly in the photographing of
children and groups. The Historical and Trade Expansion Edition want every
one of its readers to visit Mr. James in his Studio and see some of his
recent work in both photography and Kodak film finishing.
The Hamilton County News, Vol. IV, Number
Historical and Trading Expansion Issue
W. F. Billingslea, Editor-Publisher
Subscription Price ONE YEAR ..$1.00
June 29, 1934