MT. PLEASANT MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH
Fairy Baptist Church began as
the Mt. Pleasant Missionary Baptist Church on 15 April, 1883, in
the North Meridian Creek School house by people who lived in the
vicinity of North Meridian Creek. The organizing presbytery
was composed of the following elders: J. W. Staton, Moderator, T.
H. Green, Secretary, and W. D. Anderson. The church chose the
name Mt. Pleasant and chose J. W. Staton to be its first
pastor. Charter members were Henry Evans, J. R. Williamson, Sarah Williamson,
J. P. Drennan, C. C. Drennan, G. W. Smith, Mary A. Smith, Betty A. Smith,
and Mary A. Evans. Monthly services were held in the Mt.
Pleasant School House until 1 January, 1901.
Mt. Pleasant was admitted to Bosque River Baptist
Association on 17 August, 1883. Mt. Pleasant
Missionary Baptist Church became Martinís Gap Missionary
before 7 September, 1888, when it was admitted to the Hamilton
County Baptist Association.
When the report was sent for the
annual association meeting in 1921, the name of this church had been
changed to Fairy Baptist Church.
Dr. and Mrs. Samuel Wade Young
gave land to the Fairy Baptist Church in May, 1901.