LANGFORD COVE

                    
Search Engine for the Gazetteer

   Search this site      powered by FreeFind
 
 

                     

LANGFORD COVE

LANGFORD COVE: Asa Langford arrived in the area in 1855 and purchased land--210 acres in Coryell County and 750 acres in the unorganized territory in what was to become Hamilton County in 1858. In January, 1860, a group of residents of Langford Cove petitioned the Committee on County and Country Boundaries in the Texas Senate to attach to Hamilton County three square miles of Coryell County so that Asa Langford, T. T. Ragsdale, James Witcher, and Samuel Sneed would live in Hamilton County. The petition was denied. Langford Cove was about eighteen miles south of Hamilton.

 

 

 
Home ] Up ] LANGFORD BRANCH ] LANGFORD CEMETERY ] LANGFORD COVE POST OFFICE ] LANGFORD COVE SCHOOL ]


People and Places: Gazetteer of Hamilton County, TX
Search this site powered by FreeFind

Copyright March, 1998
by Elreeta Crain Weathers, B.A., M.Ed.,  
(also Mrs.,  Mom, and Ph. T.)

A Work In Progress