STEPHENVILLE NORTH & SOUTH TEXAS RAILROAD DEPOT
The SN & ST Railroad
was chartered on 4 February, 1907, and the first train from Stephenville
arrived in Hamilton on Christmas Day, 1907. This picture was likely
made prior to December 25, 1907. The SN & ST Depot was located
south of the the Smith-Harris Lumber Company
which faced the current West Ross Street. The depot appears to be
between West Ross and West Henry Streets and between North Rice and North
The Courthouse is in the background.
David's grandmother, Bertha (Wilson) Lenz, had this
picture in her things when she died. Her parents and maternal grandparents
were early settlers of Jonesboro.
Shared by David Lenz