HAMILTON SCHOOL BUILDINGS

                    
Search Engine for the Gazetteer

   Search this site      powered by FreeFind
 
 

                     

HAMILTON SCHOOL BUILDINGS

 

 

 

The building on the left apparently was the first stone school building in Hamilton.  It was destroyed by fire in 1912. This building was built by subscription selling stocks at $10 per share.  Later an Auditorium was constructed near or on the site of the first stone school building on College Hill.   The Auditorium building was erected at some time prior to 1936.

 High school classes convened in the building on the right through the school year 1951-52.  

High school classes in 1952-53 were crowded into the Auditorium Building, the gym, and the Ag. buildings while a new school was constructed at the site of West Ward Elementary would would have been to the left of the first rock school building.  The second floor of West Ward was removed and classrooms were added to fill all of the space from West Ward to College Avenue.  The new building was completed in April, 1953.

Picture was furnished by the Hamilton Public Library

HAMILTON HIGH SCHOOL

RELATED INFORMATION

JUDGE J. G. W. PIERSON

OLD HAMILTON SCHOOL BUILDING

 
Home ] Up ]


People and Places: Gazetteer of Hamilton County, TX
Search this site powered by FreeFind

Copyright March, 1998
by Elreeta Crain Weathers, B.A., M.Ed.,  
(also Mrs.,  Mom, and Ph. T.)

A Work In Progress