STEPHENVILLE NORTH & SOUTH TEXAS RAILWAY COMPANY

                    
Search Engine for the Gazetteer

   Search this site      powered by FreeFind
 
 

                     

STEPHENVILLE NORTH & SOUTH TEXAS RAILWAY COMPANY

 

Picture was furnished by the Hamilton Public Library

The first railway to arrive in the town of Hamilton was the Stephenville North and South Texas Railway Company which  had been  organized and chartered on 4 February, 1907. The first train from Stephenville arrived in Hamilton on Christmas Day, 1907. This railroad connected Hamilton and Carlton with Stephenville so that Hamilton was no longer dependent on transfer of goods via wagons from Hico and Gatesville. This connected Hamilton to all of the major markets in the United States

STEPHENVILLE NORTH & SOUTH TEXAS RAILWAY COMPANY

RAILROADS

 

 
Home ] Up ]


People and Places: Gazetteer of Hamilton County, TX
Search this site powered by FreeFind

Copyright March, 1998
by Elreeta Crain Weathers, B.A., M.Ed.,  
(also Mrs.,  Mom, and Ph. T.)

A Work In Progress