HAMILTON, 1886 - 1997
The Central Christian Church was organized in
1886 by Charles
Milton Boynton and a building was erected on a lot given by G.
H. Goodson, a lawyer. This site later was the location of Reagan
Street Church of Christ (now Park Heights Church of Christ) at
the corner of East Leslie and South Reagan Streets.
In 1902 Central
Christian purchased a lot at the corner of North Rice and East
Ross (US 281 North) and built a new church building. Some of
the members who have held leadership positions were: George Boynton,
J. A. Bullen, Andrew Carpenter, Mrs. Janie Conner, Lloyd Crownover,
Erastus Ebebezer "Ras" Doggett, Ralph Piper Edgar, Owen Doggett,
Mrs. Marie Harris, Ruel and Evelyn Locke, Laverne Patterson, Lynn
Nicholson, Mrs. A. G. Livingston, Mrs. Raymond Cox, Albert Patterson, Bert
Perry, Miss Floy Smith, D. H. Williams, F. C. Williams, and Robert
Williams. In the late 1950's the church was remodeled. The church
closed in 1997.