HENDERSON POINT SCHOOL was on Henderson
Creek a few miles north of the Murphree
The school was located on CR 421 just north of Evant. CR 421 runs
parallel to US 281 on the east side of US 281. It is north of 419
where county road 419 and 421 intersect. The building is still
standing (in 2004) and is used for hay storage.
School had seven grades in 1911. The faculty in 1924-25 included Miss
Ina Thompson and Mrs. Truett Thompson. Henderson Point School was
consolidated with the Evant School.
In 1930 O. Z. Wilson was
employed to provide transportation for the Henderson Point students
to attend school in Evant.