GUM BRANCH SCHOOL was located southeast of Olin near the Preacher
Cemetery, which is ten miles north of Hamilton.This
school had seven grades in 1911. In 1924-25 Miss Mae French and Miss
Alice Strickland taught in Gum Branch School while G. W.
Oxley, H. Berkley, and J. B. Burner were members of the school
board. Mrs. E. E. Phillips was the teacher at Gum Branch School
in 1936. Len Dalton also taught in the Gum Branch School.