Gentrys Mills School No. 2 was one of the earliest schools in
County and was built near one of Mr. Gentry’s mills. The Gentry’s
Mill School had seven grades in 1911. In 1924-25 Wade Hampton
Kirkland, Emmett Emanuel Morris, and W. M. Fuqua were on the Gentrys
Mill School Board and the faculty were Mr. and Mrs. A. R. Pointer.
The teachers in 1936 were Edwin Lewis Pierson and Miss Opal West for students enrolled in eight grades. Others who taught at
Gentrys Mill included: Amber Dean West Sills and Ethel Elma