FAIRY POST OFFICE

                    
Search Engine for the Gazetteer

   Search this site      powered by FreeFind
 
 

                     

FAIRY POST OFFICE
1884-1957

 

Fairy Post Office opened 17 March, 1884, with Leander J. Patterson as the first postmaster. This post office was closed on 14 June, 1957, when mail was moved to Hico. The name Fairy was chosen as the name for the post office in honor of the diminutive daughter of Capt. Battle Fort.

 

Postmaster

Date of Appointment

Leander J. Patterson

17 March, 1884

Caldean T. Hubbard

27 November, 1885

William B. Quarles

7 July, 1886

William Dale Cole

30 December, 1889

John G. Fort

13 February, 1903

Albert P. Raney

26 September, 1907

Chester C. Claywell

9 February, 1909

Edd C. Allison

19 December, 1912

Nonie A. Leeth

7 August, 1918

William Earle Goyne

1 January, 1923

Mrs. Edna L. Lackey

31 November, 1956

 

 
Home ] Up ]


People and Places: Gazetteer of Hamilton County, TX
Search this site powered by FreeFind

Copyright March, 1998
by Elreeta Crain Weathers, B.A., M.Ed.,  
(also Mrs.,  Mom, and Ph. T.)

A Work In Progress