FAIRY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH

                    
Search Engine for the Gazetteer

   Search this site      powered by FreeFind
 
 

                     

FAIRY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
MARTINíS GAP METHODIST MISSION
FAIRY METHODIST CHURCH, SOUTH
FAIRY METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH

 
 

Fairy Methodist Church was organized 3 July, 1886, by Rev. John S. Moore as the Martinís Gap Methodist Mission

Charter members included Mrs. Lou Anderson Harvey, Mrs. Hattie Anderson Chenault, Lee Anderson, Mr. and Mrs. Scott Stewart, Rev. and Mrs. John S. Moore, and George W. Goyne. A church building was erected in 1886. Captain and Mrs. Battle Fort sold an acre of land to this church for one dollar on 27 December, 1888. Another acre of land was purchased for $25 from the Forts in 1889 for a parsonage. The first church was replaced by 1919 by a new building and a tabernacle. The name of this church changed from Martinís Gap Methodist Mission to Fairy Methodist Church, South, to Fairy Methodist Episcopal Church in 1939, to Fairy United Methodist Church in 1968. Fairy United Methodist Church closed in 1971.

 
Home ] Up ]


People and Places: Gazetteer of Hamilton County, TX
Search this site powered by FreeFind

Copyright © March, 1998
by Elreeta Crain Weathers, B.A., M.Ed.,  
(also Mrs.,  Mom, and Ph. T.)

A Work In Progress