FAIRY CHURCH OF CHURCH

                    
Search Engine for the Gazetteer

   Search this site      powered by FreeFind
 
 

                     

FAIRY CHURCH OF CHURCH

 

The Fairy Church of Christ began before 1896 in a brush arbor at Willow Grove south of Agee. On 1 December, 1896, one-half acre of land in Fairy was purchased from Battle Fort by the members and trustees-- J. R. Bealty, Joseph Richardson, Robert Parks, D. P. Willingham, and John Wesley Brummett-- and a church building was erected. In 1934 additional land was purchased and the church building was moved to a new location and remodeled. The old building was replaced in 1964 with a new brick building with central heat and air conditioning.

 

 
Home ] Up ]


People and Places: Gazetteer of Hamilton County, TX
Search this site powered by FreeFind

Copyright March, 1998
by Elreeta Crain Weathers, B.A., M.Ed.,  
(also Mrs.,  Mom, and Ph. T.)

A Work In Progress