The first school, a small one-room building, at Fairy was built on the hill north of Fairy in 1886. In 1887 Mr. and Mrs. Leander J. Patterson gave land for a school building with the provision that it could never be used as a dance hall. Dr. and Mrs. Samuel Wade Young gave land for a school building in December, 1900. In 1900 more rooms were added to the school as well as a second story. Public meetings in Fairy were held on the second floor of this building.
Nine grades were taught at Fairy in 1911. E. C. Allison, W. J. Hutton, and W. L. Jones were on the Fairy School Board in 1924-25, while Miss Kate D. Roberson, Miss Winnie Hargrove, and Miss Annie Laurie Gregory were employed as teachers. On 15 July, 1930, a new school with five class rooms, an auditorium, a stage, an office, and a library was completed. By 1934 the school was crowded and a two story building was erected to house the first four grades. In 1935 Fairy School Board purchased the adjacent Christian Church and moved the church building which was too close to the school water supply. Rodney C. Love taught at Fairy in 1935.
Fairy had a four-year high school
(8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grades) in 1936 when the teachers were William
Horsley, Henry L. Miller, Mrs. John ( Neoma Stringer) Rainwater,
Teddy Nix, Lester Grisham, Rodney C. Love, Wilma Caraway, and
Marrianne Christenson. Fifteen students were enrolled in the typing
class which had four Woodstock typewriters. Five buses transported
students from other communities whose schools had consolidated with Fairy:
Teddy Nix drove the bus from Falls Creek; E. C. Allison
drove the bus from Agee; Roy Davis drove the bus from Dry
Fork; Bill Shepherd drove the bus from Meridian
Wallace Edwards drove the bus from Long
In the mid 1950's a new elementary school was built at Fairy. Lucius Franklin "Frank" Bonner Jr. was elementary principal at Fairy for several years. The Fairy School closed in 1964.