SARDIS PRIMITIVE BAPTIST CHURCH

                    
Search Engine for the Gazetteer

   Search this site      powered by FreeFind
 
 

                     

SARDIS PRIMITIVE BAPTIST CHURCH

 

Sardis Primitive Baptist Church was constituted 10 June, 1876, about one and a half miles north of Evant near Murphree Cemetery in the home of Samuel M and Phebe (Nations) Murphree. 

Charter members were W. M. West, M. W. Dumas, R. Burks. Samuel M. Murphree, F. B. Brown, A. Burks, Elizabeth West, Nancy Dumas, R. N. Jeffries, B. E. Lee, W. R. Chambers, J. B. Dumas, J. C. Caudle, Jasper Chambers, Pheba Murphree, Susan Brown, Polly Ann Dumas, Rebecca Lee, Rebecca Jeffrey, Margaret H. Lee, and Elizabeth Dumas. Later this church was relocated to Little Cowhouse Creek, Blue Ridge, Partridge Creek and finally
Hamilton.

 

 
Home ] Up ]


People and Places: Gazetteer of Hamilton County, TX
Search this site powered by FreeFind

Copyright March, 1998
by Elreeta Crain Weathers, B.A., M.Ed.,  
(also Mrs.,  Mom, and Ph. T.)

A Work In Progress