EIDSON SCHOOL

                    
Search Engine for the Gazetteer

   Search this site      powered by FreeFind
 
 

                     

EIDSON SCHOOL

 

eidson_school_1.jpg (27306 bytes)

EIDSON SCHOOL DISTRICT NO.36, 1936

 

The Eidson family gave land for the Stephenville North and South Railroad in 1907, hence the area was so named.  The Eidson School site is now the location of the Hamilton Livestock Commission on HWY 281 north of Hamilton

Eidson School
was on the Old Stephenville Road on the Hamilton side of the Leon River. Seven grades were in the Eidson School in 1911. Miss Neoma Stringer and Miss Velma Stringer taught in Eidson School in 1924-25 and S. A. Moran, R. E. Fulcher, and M. W. Wright were on the school board. Tom Griffis taught in the Eidson School.

 

EIDSON SCHOOL DISTRICT NO.36

 
Home ] Up ]


People and Places: Gazetteer of Hamilton County, TX
Search this site powered by FreeFind

Copyright March, 1998
by Elreeta Crain Weathers, B.A., M.Ed.,  
(also Mrs.,  Mom, and Ph. T.)

A Work In Progress