DRY FORK BAPTIST CHURCH
Dry Fork Missionary Baptist Church was organized
in 1878 by Presley O’Keefe, W. J. Hicks, Shelby King, and A. A.
Hensley, being first called King’s Chapel Baptist Church
Fork Baptist Church when it was located in the Dry Fork community.
Dry Fork Baptist Church was later known as Pleasant Hill Baptist
Church. Macedonia Baptist Church, formed by 1885, changed its
name to Pleasant Hill Baptist Church in 1890. Pleasant Hill
Baptist Church was admitted to the Hamilton County Baptist
Association on 14 August, 1891. The last year Pleasant Hill Baptist
Church submitted a letter to Hamilton County Baptist Association was
1898. On 12 August, 1899, Pleasant Hill purchased land one acre of
land at a cost of $100 out of the P. A. Sublet Survey from Mr.
and Mrs. Erastus Kimber Ridenhower at Crossroads . The
Pleasant Hill Church was moved to the new site (current location) of Olin
Baptist Church and changed its name in 1900 to Olin Baptist Church.