FOR CLEARER PICTURE, PLEASE
formerly known as King’s Chapel, is one of the oldest schools in
County. It was organized in 1881 by the people of the community, who built a log
building and donated money to hire a teacher. Mrs. R. E. Gordon was the
first teacher and she was followed by E. K. Ridenhower.
time of the log cabin school house, there have been two frame buildings
erected. The first was a one-room house built in 1905. In 1920 a new
location was selected, the land space given by T. R. Thomas, and the
present two-room building constructed by G.C. Driver. [Giles Clifton
55 years of school, Dry Fork has changed from one to two teachers as the
enrollment has demanded.
Simpson, a former student of the
has been teaching at Dry Fork the past two years and is the present
Grade: Mattie Greer, Mildred Sanders
Grade: Ewell Sanders
Grade: Albert Bullard, Steve Bullard, Cecil Loyd
Grade: Andrew Loyd, Hazel Higginbotham, Ora Bullard.
Grade: Harold Dean Walker, Winnie Mae Greer.
Grade: Raymond Loyd, Drusilla Bullard, Truman Bullard, Erman Owen.
~ . ~
. ~ .
~ . ~
HAMILTON COUNTY SCHOOL ANNUAL
TEXAS CENTENNIAL EDITION
W. F. BILLINGSLEA, Publisher
Shared by Roy