Part of the GAGenWeb Project

Part of the GAGenWeb Project.

 

WAYCROSS, WARE COUNTY,
 GEORGIA BUSINESS
Contributed by Barbara Walker Winge.



SOURCE: INDUSTRIAL EDITION OF THE WAYCROSS EVENING HERALD,
 1907, Waycross, Ware County, Georgia, p. 16.



THE LEWIS-WATSON COMPANY

   The Lewis-Watson Co., one of South Georgia's largest mercantile
establishments, is composed of Mr. Brad Watson and Mr. S. B. Lewis,
who incorporated this company in February of this year.

   Mr. Watson has long been known throughout this section through
his connection with the Youman's Mercantile and the Brad Watson
Company. He is considered one of the most thoroughly posted young
merchants in the State. 

   Mr. Lewis has been a resident of Waycross for about three years,
having come to this city from Lumberton, S. C. He was connected
with Mr. Watson before the incorporation of the company which they
now control together.

   The Lewis-Watson Company has a paid-in capital stock of $25,000.
The store is located within half a block of the passenger depot,
 and its customers are counted by residents of every town and 
village within fifty miles of Waycross.

   In trading with the Liwsi-Watson Company, one may be assured of
"Splendid Stocks, Liberal Treatment, Economical Prices."

Back to Ware County Historical Records.

Back to Ware County GAGenWeb Home Page.