Schley County, Georgia
Ellaville, circa 1916
This was taken with photographer facing NE and standing in lot where the present post office is located. The present courthouse is in the background. It was completed and occupied in the spring of 1900. In the right background is a very large water tower that is approximately where the CSA statue in the park currently stands. These things help to date the photo. Also note some people seem to be sitting or standing on some sort of crate.
Schley County is a
part of the GaGenWeb
Vivian Price Saffold, State Coordinator
This site is hosted by RootsWeb
Thanks to Vicki Shaffer for this page design.
Copyright 2004 © Harris Hill