Schley County, Georgia
Ellaville Methodist Church Est. 1858
Ellaville Methodist Church. The site for this church was selected when the
city of Ellavile was being laid out in the late 1850's. Several were
instrumental in it's construction. One of those was Capt. Robert Burton whose
home still stands quite near this church. Frederick J. Greene was another who
helped with the construction and according to the "History of Schley County,"
he sent two slaves, Manuel and Rippen, who were expert carpenters to aid in
the building. This building was brick veneered some years later and an annex
was added in 1920. It sits just south of the center of Ellaville on Broad
Schley County is a
part of the GaGenWeb
Vivian Price Saffold, State Coordinator
This site is hosted by RootsWeb
Thanks to Vicki Shaffer for this page design.
Copyright 2004 © Harris Hill