Phillippi Church & Cemetery, Est. Feb. 28, 1835

 

.

Schley County, Georgia

Phillippi Church & Cemetery, Est. Feb. 28, 1835


From the first minutes of the church.....We the scattered Brethern & Sisters of the Baptist Arder in the third District of Marion County Georgia having previously Covented together to become Constituted into a Church met together at the place appointed on the Day above written & Joseph J. Battle & Andrew Hood, Minister of the Gospel being sent for & being present formed a presbytery & after a due examination We being found orthodox the Presbytery pronounced us a church of the Lord Jesus Christ & gave us the Right hand of fellowship & we gave the Right hand of fellowship to one another upon the principals of faith hereunto annexed & hereunto we have subscribed our names signed by the Presbytery.

Submitted by Harris Hill


 

Schley County is a part of the GaGenWeb Project 
Vivian Price Saffold
, State Coordinator
Seana Coulter, Regional Assistant
This site is hosted by RootsWeb

Thanks to Vicki Shaffer for this page design.
Copyright 2004
Harris Hill

HOME