Long County Georgia was created on August 14, 1920 by the Georgia Legislature, making it the 157th of 159 counties. It was formed from portions of Liberty County.
It was named for Dr. Crawford Williamson Long. Ludowici (pronounced "Loo'duh-wee'-see") is the County seat, was Incorporated August 23, 1905, It was named to honor a German immigrant, William Ludowici, who contributed substantially to the construction of the county high school.
This site is currently up for Adoption. If you are interested in maintaining the site for The GAGenWeb Project, please click here for more information!
P.O. Box 476
Ludowici, GA. 31316-0476
|Deeds & Land Records||Family Group Sheets||History||Lookups|
|Photos||Resources||Schools||USGW Archives Long County|
|Vital Records||Wills & Probate|
Message Boards - Mailing List - Queries
|RootsWeb Message Board - Long County, GA|
|GenForum Message Board - Long County, GA|
|RootsWeb Mailing List - Long County, GA - Subscribe, Unsubscribe, Browse Archives, Search Archives|
|Georgia Family Group Sheets Project|
|The Tombstone Transcription Project - Long County|
|Search USGenWeb Archives State & National|
|The USGenWeb Project Archives Military Pension Project|
|The USGenWeb Project Archives Digital Map Library|
|The USGenWeb Project - U. S. African American Griots|
GAGenWeb County Selection Page
Compilation Copyright 2011 - Present by The GAGenWeb Project
This page was last updated on -10/17/2013