1. Roger1 PRESTON, b. ca. 1614, d. 20 Jan. 1666, Lynn, Mass., m. Martha, who died 21 Mar. 1702/3, having children:
- Thomas2, b. 1643.
- Mary2, m. Nathaniel INGERSOLL.
- Elizabeth2, m. William HENFIELD.
- Samuel2, b. 1751.
- Jacob2, b. 1658, d. at sea, bef. 25 Nov. 1679.
- Levi2, b. 16 Jul. 1662.
2. Samuel2 PRESTON (Roger1), b. 1751, Ipswich, Mass., d. Andover, Mass., 10 Jul. 1738. He m1. 27 May 1672, Susannah GUTTERSON, dau. of William and Elizabeth GUTTERSON, who d. 29 Dec. 1710. He m2. 24 Sep. 1713, Mary ROWLANDSON, and had the following children by his first wife:
- Samuel3, b. 16 Mar. 1672.
- William3, b. 11 Jan. 1674/5.
- Susannah3, b. 30 Mar. 1677, m. James HOLT.
- Mary3, b. 5 Jan. 1678, m. Benjamin RUSSELL.
- Jacob3, b. 24 Feb. 1680/1.
- Elizabeth3, b. 14 Feb. 1682, m. John HOLT.
- John3, b. 1 May 1685.
- Joseph3, b. 26 Jan. 1686/7.
- Ruth3, b. 7 Feb. 1688/9 m. Hugh TAYLER.
- Lydia3, b. 8 Oct. 1690, m. Daniel HOLT.
- Priscilla3, b. 19 Mar. 1695/6 m. George HOLT.
3. Samuel3 PRESTON (Samuel2,Roger1), b. 16 Mar. 1672, d. 29 May 1717, Andover, Mass, m. 2 Apr. 1694, Sarah BRIDGES
- Sarah4, b. 5 Feb. 1695, d. 16 Aug. 1703.
- Levi4, b. 25 Oct. 1696, Andover.
- Mary4, b. 31 Mar. 1699, Andover, m. Christopher LOVEJOY.
- Jemima4, b. 29 May 1701.
- Joanna4, b. ca. 1702, m. Joseph UTTER.
- Sarah4, m. John STACY.
- Samuel4, b. 1708.
- Phoebe4, b. Apr. 1711, d. 1739.
- Isaac4, b. Apr. 1711.
- Ruth4, b. 25 Jul. 1713, m. Nathaniel BARNARD.
- Caleb4, b. 3 Apr. 1716.
- Joshua4, b. 3 Apr. 1716.
4. Levi4 PRESTON (Samuel3,Samuel2,Roger1), b. 25 Oct. 1696, Andover, Mass., d. 6 Dec. 1781, Foster, RI, m1. Reading, Mass., 9 Sep. 1718, Elizabeth HARNDEN, who d. 3 Apr. 1742, Killingly, m2. 7 Jul. 1742, Mary FULLER. He had children by both wives:
- Benjamin5, b. 12 Jul. 1724, Killingly, Ct..
- Sarah5, b. 28 Jun. 1726.
- David5, b. 14 Sep. 1727.
- Isaac5, b. 14 Apr. 1731.
- Daniel5, b. 26 Jun. 1733.
- Othniel5, b. ca. 1734/5.
- Levi5, b. 7 Sep. 1736.
- Colburn5, b. 24 Apr. 1743.
- Mary5, b. 17 Jan. 1745, m. Samuel TAYLOR.
- Bethia5, b. 1748, m. Jonathan BURT.
- Jerusha5, b. 1749, m. Joseph ARTHUR.
- Adeline5, m. Solomon WRIGHT.
- Joanna5, m. Daniel WEAVER.
- Daniel5, b. 18 Aug. 1763.
- James5, b. 1766.
5. Colburn5 PRESTON (Levi4,Samuel3,Samuel2,Roger1), b. 24 Apr. 1743, Killingly Ct. He received a grant of land in Rockingham, Windham Co., VT in 1779, having been Captain of the militia during their campaign against Fort Ticonderoga. He became a Baptist, being an early member of congregations at both _____ and Pittsford, becoming a Deacon. He married Eleanor, who was baptized into the Congregational church at Rockingham 1 Jul. 1776, under the mistaken impression that she had not been baptized as a child. Three children were baptized in the Rockingham church, but as Colburn was a Baptist, there may have been others not baptized as infants, particularly if Eleanor was not his first wife. In 1790 he was in Wallingford, with three other males in the household (the two younger perhaps being Sulvanus and Daniel). He was next to Daniel in Wallingford in 1800.
- ? perh. Levi6.
- Sylvanus6, bap. 1 Jul. 1775, Rockingham, no further record.
- David6, bap. 9 May 1779, Rockingham, d. there 22 May 1779.
- Daniel6, bap. 15 Oct. 1780, Rockingham.
6. Ebenezer6 PRESTON (Colburn5,Levi4,Samuel3,Samuel2,Roger1), m. Esther, he d. bef. 21 Feb. 1795 at Wallingford. He had no land, and his personal estate was divided between his wife and sole minor child. Deacon Colburn Preston was appointed her guardian, and based on chronology and geography, he was certainly father of Ebenezer.
- Eunice7, m. bef. 1812 Andrew NICHOLS.
7. Charles6 PRESTON (Colburn5,Levi4,Samuel3,Samuel2,Roger1), m. ca. 1797, Sarah (Sally) FLINT. He lived in Bloomfield, Orange Co., Vt., having at least two children:
- Charles7, b. ca. 1798.
- Marvin7, b. ca. 1801.
8. Daniel6 PRESTON (Colburn5,Levi4,Samuel3,Samuel2,Roger1), bap. 15 Oct. 1780, Rockingham. In 1800, he was in Wallingford, with a wife, two sons, and a daughter.
- son7, b. bef. 1800.
- son7, b. bef. 1800.
- dau7, b. bef. 1800.
- ? perh. Rev. Colburn, b. ca. 1817. He is called "cousin" of Levi7 PRESTON, son of Levi6, and grandson of Deacon Colburn5. However, he would have been quite young to belong to this generation, and was perhaps a grandson of either Daniel6 or Charles6.