In the first half of the 19th century, several of the children and grandchildren of Daniel GREENO of Rutland, Vermont settled in the adjacent counties of Tioga and Bradford Co., Pa., and Chemung Co. New York. The number of family members who settled in the area, and their use of certain common names makes the identification of individual family members difficult. However, by a complete cataloguing of the known members of the family, certain insight can be gained.
Daniel GREENO was born in 1751/2, and by 1774 is said to have been in Vermont, but the title to his early land proving bad, no record of this early purchase survives. He married Lydia, called RICE by his grandson Benjamin Rice GREENO, but PRICE by a descendant of probable grandson Jotham. The former is the more likely, coming as it does from a grandson who appears to have been named for her family. No record has been found of the birth of their eldest son, Daniel, but several of their sons' births are recorded in Rutland, starting in 1776. During the Revolutionary War, Daniel was a member of several militia companies in 1778 (Capt. John Smith, Col. Warren, 7-13 Nov.), 1779 (Capt. Tehan Noble, Col. Warren, May 3-18 Jun.), 1780 (Capt. Samuel Williams, Col. Ebenezer Allen, late Oct-early Nov), and 1781 (Capt. Samuel Williams, Col. Thomas Lee, 21 Oct-2 Nov.), and is said to have participated in the Battle of Bennington, where Lydia is said to have served as a nurse. In _____, Daniel ______. Daniel died Sunday, 22 Feb. 1807, and was buried in a small family cemetery on his land. (Some time later, this was removed, and the residents (but not their stones) reburied at the Evergreen Cem., Rutland. Daniel and Lydia were then memorialized on the stone of their son Amasa and his family, but the chronological information provided there is inaccurate, misplacing both his birth and death.) His widow Lydia declined the administration of his estate, recommending son Daniel instead, and on 9 Mar. 1807, Daniel, Jr. was appointed guardian. In an account dated the fourth Monday of July 180-8, Daniel's estate was valued at $1842.33, of which articles deemed to belong to the widow constituted $150.00. Minus fees, expenses and claims, his final estate was valued at $1453.20, the widow's third being $484.31, which was paid to Lydia. On 22 Oct. 1808, Lydia and her son Oliver were appointed guardians of her daughter Polly. She is speculated to have then remarried 21 Feb. 1809 to John Howe of Plattsburgh, NY, witnessing the War of 1812 battle fought at that town, and then to Nathan Fay of Jericho, VT, perhaps being the Lydia Fay who died 8 Jun. 1835, aged 79. (This again does not match the dates on the non-contemporary tombstone in Rutland.)
Additional documents within Daniel's probate file provide the names of most of the children of Daiel and Lydia. Lydia nominates son Daniel GREENO, Jr. to be administrator. John GREENO of Batavia, NY, and Moses GREENO of Rutland were appointed guardians of Emerson GREENO, son of the deceased, while widow Lydia and Oliver GREENO of Catherine, NY were appointed as guardians of daughter Polly. Likewise, a partial division includes shares going to Lydia, and children Moses, John, Emerson, and Samuel GREENO. This list of children leaves out several agreed by different lines of descendants to belong in the family. A reunion notice from Bradford Co. Pa, compiled during the lifetime, and certainly with the consultation of, grandchildren of Daniel and Lydia state that the family in that area descends from brothers Samuel, Leonard, and Emerson GREENO. The biography given by Benjamin Rice GREENO for the History of Rutland County indicates that his father, Amasa GREENO, was likewise a son of this couple. Finally, a letter written by Amasa's daughter, Maderna Van Horn (GREENO) POND, to Bathsheba (GREENO) SPALDING, daughter of Emerson, states,
"Old Grandfather's name was Daniel his wife was Lydia. They had eleven children, Daniel, John, Moses, Samuel, Oliver, Leonard, Emerson, Amasa, Polly, Clara; one who died in infancy don't know whether it was a son or a daughter.
She don't remember of ever hearing that Grandfather was in the war but Grandmother was with Aunt Clara who lived in Plattsburg when the battle was there in 1812 she heard her say the house they lived in was shot full of bullet holes but did not any of them get hurt."
One aspect of this account is at variance with the estate documentation, however. Based on the money distributed among the four children who received their shares, and the amount of money remaining, the division appears to have been into nine shares, while the account of Mrs. POND would give us 10 children surviving at the time of Daniel's death. This cannot be rectified at this time.
Children of Daniel and Lydia (RICE) GREENO:
- Daniel, b.ca. 1774
- Moses, b. 18 Dec. 1776, Rutland
- Samuel, b. 14 Oct. 1778, Rutland
- John, b. 18 Aug. 1781, Rutland
- Oliver, b. 17 Aug. 1783
- child, d. inf., perhaps the 'child of Mr. Greeno' who d. 24 Aug. 1798 (but this was probably a grandchild.)
- Emerson, b. ca. 1788
- Leonard, b. 18 Dec. 1790
- Polly, b. ca. 1792, m. David COE.
- Amasa, b. 18 Aug. 1793
- Clara, ? b. ca. 1795
1. Daniel GREENO, b. ca. 1774, (Daniel) in 1791, he was a member of the Congregational Church of Sudbury, Vt., but by 1803 he was back in Rutland. He had married Sarah BROWN, and in 1805, he was granted his father's land, in exchange for allowing his parents to live there, and promising to support his siblings until adulthood. On 9 Mar. 1807, he was recommended by his mother to administer his father's estate, and he was appointed administrator, along with Matthew Linton, the same day. On the fourth Monday of July 1808, he filed a partial account of the administration of the estate. He operated a gristmill in 1810, and also a store that he opened in Mar. 1809, and subsequently moved several times. In 1811, he mortgaged a lot in Pittsford, but appears not to have been there long. In 1818, he moved to Madrid, St. Lawewnce Co., NY, and in 1820, he appears in Louisville, NY, moving on to Malone, Franklin Co., NY, in 1821, dying there 31 Sep. 1831. The one published account of his children is somewhat confused, but that information is provided here with modification.
Children of Daniel and Sarah (BROWN) GREENO (perhaps incomplete):
, b. 25 Sep. 1799, d. 10 Nov. 1799, Sudbury
- Silas, b. 6 Nov. 1793, Sudbury
- (prob.) the 'child of Mr. Greeno' who d. 24 Aug. 1798.
- Samuel, b. 26 Sep. 1798
Lydia, b. 27 Sep. 1799, d. 5 Nov. 1802, Sudbury Electa, b. 12 Aug. 1800, Sudbury, m. 23 Nov. 1843, Eli FARMER Daniel, b. 7 Jan. 1804, Rutland Amos Himes, bap. 23 Aug. 1807 Sally, b. ca. 1809, bap. 13 Oct. 1811, m. 8 Nov. 1827, Eli FARMER Eliza, bap. 13 Oct. 1811 (perhaps child d. aged 2, 15 Apr. 1812) Elijah Brown, bp. 3 Jul. 1814 (perhaps child, aged 1, d. 8 Aug. 1814)
2. Moses GREENO, b. 18 Dec. 1776, (Daniel) married about 1795, and in 1800 was in Rutland with his wife and one son. He was still in Rutland on 11 Jan. 1808, when he was appointed one of the guardians of his brother Emerson. He received $107.62 as his share in the division of his father's estate recorded in a partial administration dated the fourth Monday of July, 1808 (plus Emerson's share of an equal $107.62 was paid to his guardians, brothers Moses and John). By 1812, he had relocated to what was then Tioga Twp., Tioga Co., Pa., owning 210 acres. This is the last record that has been found of him. However, substantially later, his widow Anna was buried in the Evergreen Cem., Troy, Bradford Co., Pa., having died 26 Jan. 1845, aged 72. This perhaps allows his family to be reconstructed. In 1829, Daniel FORD, husband of Polly (REYNOLDS) named Clarissa, Laura, and Eliza Greeno in his will, while he adopted his niece Experience Greeno. It has been speculated that Polly's sister Anna REYNOLDS was wife of a Greeno son of Daniel. A Laura GREENO married Charles Himes, naming a son Moses, and had provisionally been assigned to Moses independent of the FORD will. In light of this, it is likely that Moses married Anna REYNOLDS, and that the nieces of David FORD were their daughters. Anna was likely the 60-70 year old woman living with Amasa Greeno in Troy in 1840, and thus he can reasonably be hypothesized to be her son. Several other young women and a young man were living with Amasa in that year, and these were probably additional children of Moses and Anna. These hypotheses are confirmed by the account of Myra Greeno Bass.
Children of Moses and Anne (REYNOLDS) GREENO:
- Hiram, b. ca. 1800, probably the "Young Greeno, nephew of Danl." who contributed to repairing a mill in 1818. He d. 26 Sep. 1820, having taken an overdose of opium, being distraught over an unfaithful lover.
- Loren, b. 30 May 1802
- Amasa, b. ca. 1805, Vt.
- Clarissa, b. ca. 1807, m. Archibald MAYNARD
- Laura, b. 1809, m. Charles HIMES
- Eliza, b. 1814, m. Charles LAMB
- Experience, adopted by David and Polly (REYNOLDS) FORD (perhaps the Experience m. William BENTLEY ca. 1830, but see below)
3. Samuel GREENO, b. 14 Oct. 1778, Rutland, (Daniel) he married at Sudbury 3 Dec. 1801, as his first wife, Bathsheba METCALF. He was paid his share, $107.62, of his father's estate, as recorded in the partial administration dated the fourth Monday of July 1808. He was perhaps in what was then Tioga Co., NY in 1810 (recorded as Samuel Green), and served in the War of 1812, building boats at Buffalo, and commanding one of them in an attack at Black Rock. Following the death of his first wife, and by 1821, he remarried to Matilda FISHER, b. 1793, at Orwell, Vt. In 1820, he bought land in Bethany, Genesee Co., NY, the where his brother John also lived, Samuel and Matilda selling it in 1821 but buying another plot the next year, which they sold in 1826. In 1839, brother Oliver transferred to him his land in Leroy Twp., Bradford Co., and he is listed there as a joiner and carpenter. He continues to appear in Leroy, and starting in 1841 also in neighboring Columbia Twp., through 1843, when presumably he moved to Johnstown, Barry Co., Mich., where he died in the fall of 1849, followed within two months by his wife and son Isaac, who died the same night, and son Horace who died two weeks after them. Son Harris then went to live with a brother in Owego, NY, but it is uncertain which of their sons this would have been.
Children of Samuel and Bathsheba (METCALF) GREENO:
- Samuel, apparently dead by 1810.
- Jotham, b. ca. 1803
- dau. (perhaps the Experience m. William BENTLEY, but see above and below)
Children of Samuel and Matilda (FISHER) GREENO:
- dau, b. bef. 1820
- Daniel Alonzo, b. 30 Jan. 1818, NY
- Lorenzo F., b. ca. 1819
- Gustavus (George C./Augustus), b. ca. 1821.
- Mary, b. ca. 1825
- Isaac, b. ca. 1827, d. fall 1849.
- Harris Soper, b. 7 Aug. 1832
- Horace, d. fall 1849.
4. John GREENO, b. 18 Aug. 1781, Rutland, (Daniel) he was in Batavia, Genesee Co., NY when he was appointed a guardian of his brother Emerson in 11 Jan. 1808. He received $107.62 from his father's estate, as recorded in a partial account of the administration dated the fourth Monday of Jul. 1808, while Emerson's equal share was paid to his guardians (brothers Moses and John). John married about this time, and by 1810 had three children. In 1815, he bought land in Bethany, Genesee Co., selling a portion of the plot shortly thereafter. This is the last that has been found of him, but in 1831, his heirs, consisting of widow Mary/Polly Greeno and several children sell the remainder. Polly was in Batavia in 1840, but by 1850 had moved with son John R. to Connewango Twp., Cattaraugus Co., NY.
Children of John GREENO:
- dau., name unknown, b. bef. 1810, and apparently d. young, not being involved in the 1831 sale.
- Amanda C., b. bef. 1810, of Bethany, perhaps the Amanda, wife of James Sheppard, b. ca. 1808 living in Bethany in 1850.
- John R., b. ca. 1810.
- Presina, b. ca. 1812, m. Orange LITCHFIELD
5. Oliver GREENO, b. 17 Aug. 1783, (Daniel) he was in Catherine, then Tioga (now Chemung) Co., NY by 22 Oct. 1809 when he was appointed one of the guardians for his sister Polly. He had already had his oldest son, David, born in 1805 prior to his marriage. He is first wife, who he married 23 Aug. 1809, was Polly COE, daughter of David and Sarah (SQUIRE) COE. She was b. 23 Aug. 1781, and d. 7 Jan. 1823, being buried in Parsons Cem., Veteran Twp., and he remarried Olive (HOPPER) BENTLEY, widow of Green BENTLEY, b. ca. 1783, NY. She was still living in 1855, but on 5 Nov. 1863, he married his third wife, Ann MALLETT. In 1839, he appears in Leroy Twp., Bradford Co., Pa., selling to his brother Samuel the next year. He was an early member of the Millport Methodist Church. He died 17 Oct. 1867, Millport, NY, being buried at Horseheads, NY. His widow was still living in Millport in 1880.
Child of Oliver and Polly GREENO, born before marriage:
- David C(oe?), b. 9 Sep. 1805
- Lydia Ann, b. 26 Feb. 1810, m. Pliny S. TANNER
- Lorinda, b. Feb. 1812, d. 25 Nov. 1835 m. PARK
- Sarah, b. 12 Mar. 1815, d. 30 Jan. 1841 m. her cousin, Hiram C. GREENO.
- Caroline, b. 26 Apr. 1817/9 m. William DENSON
Children of Oliver and Olive (HOPPER) GREENO:
- Laton M., b. 12 Jul. 1824
- Polly M., b. 12 May 1827, m. Levi McCANN
6. Emerson GREENO, b. 29 Mar. 1787, (Daniel) he was still a minor at the time of his father's death, and his brothers John and Moses GREENO were appointed guardians on 11 Jan. 1808, receiving later in the year Emerson's $107.62 on behalf of their brother. He appears to have spent time with brothers John and Oliver, as his wife was sister of Oliver's, while in 1810, he and his wife were living next to John in Genesee Co., NY. He married Anna COE, it would seem b. 8 Jun. 1793, Fairfield, Conn., daughter of David and Sarah (SQUIRE) COE. He fought in the War of 1812, but later returned to Rutland and was there with his wife and four children in 1820. In 1827, he left Vermont for Millport, Chemung Co., NY, and he can be found in Veteran Twp. in 1830. In 1834, he appears in the tax records of Columbia Twp., Bradford Co., Pa, then starting the next year in neighboring Canton Twp. He continues to appear in the Canton tax records and censuses through 1863, over a year following his death, which occurred 11 Jan. 1861. In 1864 his land in Canton appears in the tax records as having been transferred to his son-in-law Darwin SPALDING.
Children of Emerson and Anna (COE) GREENO: (complete)
- Julia Anne m. David TURNER
- Alonzo, b. 28 Jun. 1813
- Betsey, b. ca. 1815, m. Francis S. ELLIOTT
- Bathsheba Farmer, b. 16 Dec. 1819, m. Amasa Darwin SPALDING
- Sarah Jane, b. ca. 1822, m. John M. HEWITT
- Charles, b. 15 Jan. 1825, d. 26 Feb. 1850.
7. Leonard GREENO, b. 18 Dec. 1790, Vt. (Daniel). He married 24 Mar. 1808, Clarissa MANLEY, b. 26 Feb. 1790, dau. William and Prudence MANLEY. In 181, he contributed to the repair of a Rutland mill, and in 1820, he was there with his wife, children, and perhaps sisters. He went to Pennsylvania in 1839, and in 1840 he appears in the tax records of Troy, Bradford Co., Pa., and in the census of the same year there. He continued to farm there until the time of his death, 26 Jun. 1852, being buried in Troy. Clarissa survived him, dying 22 Mar. 1858.
Children of Leonard and Clarissa (MANLEY) GREENO: (complete)
- Clarissa Maria, b. 1 Sep. 1809, m. Heman R. HICKOK
- Hiram C., b. 16 Oct. 1811, m.1 Sarah Ann GREENO
- John H., b. 29 Jan. 1814
- Calvin M., b. 15 Jun. 1816
- Prudence Melissa, b. 16 Apr. 1819, m. J. C. DIMOCK
- Henry L., b. 18 Dec. 1821
- Harry S., b. 18 Dec. 1821
- William Leonard, b. 13 Jul. 1823, Rutland
- Luther M., b. 13 Sep. 1825, Rutland
- Lydia Ann, b. 13 Nov. 1829, m. Firman B. LUCAS
- Mary Ann, b. 7 Jun. 1831, m.1 James LUCAS, m.2 David GUILD
- Harlan P., b. 11 Jan. 1836, Rutland
9. Polly (Mary) GREENO, b. 5 Jul. 1793 (Daniel) married Sep. 1809, David COE, b. 29 Feb. 1784, son of David and Sarah (SQUIRE) COE. They lived in Catherine Twp., (then) Tioga Co., NY. Polly is said by Myra Bass to have d. 7 Jan. 1823, but this conflicts with the birthdates of her supposed children, and her probable appearance in the 1850 census. This probably instead is the death date of daughter Mary, for whom no spouse is given. Mary, wife of David Coe, died 9 Sep 1856, aged 63 years, 2 months and 4 days, and was buried at Parsons Cem., Veteran Twp, Chemung Co., Pa. David lived to 1 Dec. 1865, being buried with his wife.children of David and Polly (GREENO) COE:
- Lydia, b. 9 Nov. 1810, Catherine Twp., NY, ? d.y.
- Daniel, b. 25 Oct. 1812, Catherine Twp., d. 22 May 1813, bur Parsons.
- Luther, b. 15 Jan. 1814, Catherine Twp., m. Jeanette
- Amanda, b. 15 Apr. 1816, Catherine Twp., m. Emery ROSEBROOK
- Mary, b. 25 Mar. 1818, Catherine Twp., (perh. d. 7 Jan. 1823).
- Charity (or perh. Clarissa), b. 5 Jun. 1820, Catherine Twp., m. John SHEFFER
- Lovenia, b. 28 Jul. 1822, Catherine Twp., a dressmaker, she d. unmarried 8 May 1877, bur. Woodlawn Cem.
- Lydia Louisa, b. ca. 1824, d. 3 Dec. 1879, aged 55, m. John M. RANDALL, Chemung Co. Assemblyman.
- Samuel A., b. 26 Apr. 1825, Catherine Twp., m. Eliza SEAMAN
- William B., b. 6 Aug. 1827, d. 23 May 1838, bur. Parsons.
- John M., b. 12 Oct. 1832, Catherine Twp.
- Sarah Ann, b. 14 Dec. 1833, m. Charles ORWIN
9. Amasa GREENO, b. 18 Aug. 1793, (Daniel) he married 2 Jun. 1814, Betsey FARMER, b. 25 Aug. 1793, daughter of Benjamin and Rebecca (MINOT) FARMER. His brother Daniel, Jr. granted him the property that their father had owner, and he continued to work the land until his death, when it passed to his son Amasa Austin. He appears in the 1820, 1830 and 1840 censuses, in 1830 living with an elderly woman who may be his mother or mother-in-law. He died 13 Apr. 1848 at Rutland, while his widow survived until 21 Apr. 1872, living with their son Amasa. They are buried in Evergreen Cem., Rutland.
Children of Amasa and Betsey (FARMER) GREENO: (complete)
- Amasa Austin, b. 12 May 1815
- Benjamin Rice, b. 18 Feb. 1821
- Betsey Lorain, b. 23 Jul. 1824, d. 27 Nov. 1903
- Medora Van Horn, b. 23 May 1836 m. Bushrod Washington POND
10. Clarissa GREENO, b. ca. 1795, (Daniel) ahe is the least well known of the children. She apparently went to Plattsburg NY when her mother married John Howe of that town, and we are told that she was living there at the time of the War of 1812 battle. She married a man named ROBERTS, but he has not been identified by name. Nothing more is known of her.
Children of ______ and Clarissa (GREENO) ROBERTS: (perhaps incomplete)
- dau. m. PIKE
- dau. m. MONTGOMERY
- dau. m. CARLISLE
(11.) In addition, there are several GREENOs in the next generation who cannot be assigned to a particular son of Daniel. We would appear to have complete accounts of Daniel, Leonard, and Amasa, while we know the surviving children of Oliver and Emerson. Most likely placement is with Moses, but perhaps one or more could be Samuel's.
Children of one of the GREENO brothers: (not necessarily siblings)
- Orrin, appears in land records 1819 and 1821, this is perhaps a mistake for Loren, or he is the son of Moses born before 1800.
- Experience, b.1810, m. ca. 1830 William BENTLEY
10. Silas GREENO, b. 6 Nov. 1796, bap. 13 Jul. 1803, Sudbury (Daniel,Daniel). He married 7 Feb. 1830, to Lovica BALDRIDGE, b. ca. 1804, NY, but she must have been his second spouse (in 1820, he had a wife an infant son, but then no children in 1830, a pattern suggestive of a first wife and her child had died. He was in Louisville, St. Lawrence Co., NY in 1820, and by 1830 had relocated to Malone, Franklin Co., where he lived through 1837, but by 1840 had moved to Oh., returning, however, shortly afterward, to Malone. Following his death, she moved with three of her sons to Little Falls, Monroe Co., Wis.
Possible child of Silas GREENO and unknown first wife:
- son, b. bef. 1820, d. bef. 1830.
Childen of Silas and Lovica (BALDRIDGE) GREENO:
- Edwin O., b. 18 Dec. 1830, d. 17 May 1833.
- Charles S. W., b. 2 Jun. 1832
- Amos Washington, b. 4 Jul. 1834
- Sarah S., b. 13 Sep. 1836, d. 25 Aug. 1851, Malone.
- Edward B., b. 13 Jan. 1840, Oh, d. 15 Apr. 1901
- Cornelia, b. 22 Jun. 1842, d. 8 Dec. 1845.
- John Baldridge, b. 6 May 1846.
11. Samuel GREENO, b. 26 Sep. 1798, bap. 13 Jul. 1803, Sudbury, Vt., (Daniel,Daniel) he married Hannah ORCUTT, b. 23 Jul. 1798, Pittsford, Vt., daughter of Bildad and Anna (ADAMS) ORCUTT. He moved to Madrid, St. Lawrence Co., NY in 1814, where he operated a small shop, but in 1821 is said to have moved to nearby Malone, Franklin Co., where in 1850 he was a butcher. He died 13 Jan. 1881, Malone, while Hannah died there 19 Jun. 1887.
Children of Samuel and Hannah (ORCUTT) GREENO: (perhaps incomplete)
- Maria S., b. 1820, m. 3 Jan. 1844, Lewis MOSES
- Eliza A., b. ca. 1824, m. William McVICKAR
- Helen A., b. ca. 1826, d. 11 Apr. 1893, Malone, of pneumonia.
- Samuel, b. 27 Dec. 1831
- Adam S., b. 1832
- Amelia, b. 1837, d. Malone, 28 Aug. 1892, of anemia.
12. Sally GREENO, b. ca. 1809, bap. 13 Oct. 1811, (Daniel,Daniel) she married 8 Nov. 1827, Eli FARMER, b. 14 Aug. 1799, son of Benjamin and Rebecca (MINOT) FARMER. They lived in Rutland, VT, where he was a farmer. She died 27 Jan. 1843. Eli then remarried 23 Nov. 1843, to her sister Electa GREENO, b. 12 Aug. 1800, bap. 13 Jul. 1803, Sudbury. They lived in Rutland, VT, where she raised her sister's children, and d. 13 Sep. 1874. Eli d. 23 Apr. 1888, Rutland.
Children of Eli and Sally (GREENO) FARMER:
- Sarah Electa, b. 13 Aug. 1829
- Lucy Adeline, b. 17 Dec. 1830, m. Emmett CLARK of Warren, Wis.
- Elizabeth, b. 19 Aug. 1833, d. 12 Jun. 1870
- Benjamin Franklin, b. 25 Jul. 1834
- Harriet Maria, b. 8 Jul. 1836, m. Daniel FULLER of Conewango, NY
- Charlotte Sophia, b. 30 Aug. 1838, m. Lewis M. CURTIS
- Henry Haskins, b. 24 Oct. 1840
- Helen Augusta, b. 10 Oct. 1842, m. John W. DIKE
13. Daniel GREENO, b. 7 Jan. 1804, bap. 4 Apr. 1804. Sudbury, Vt., (Daniel,Daniel) he married 2 Nov. 1826, Madrid, NY, Mehitabel CONVERSE, b. 10 Jul. 1807, Bridport, Vt., daughter of Pain CONVERSE. They lived in Madrid through 1830, but then moved to Kent, Oh. by 1834. They returned to New York by 1850, living in Royalton, Niagra Co. They later were at Middleport, Niagra Co., where Daniel died 8 Dec. 1871, and Mehitabel 5 Feb. 1889.
Children of Daniel and Mehitabel (CONVERSE) GREENO:
- Amos Himes, b. 6 Oct. 1827, Madrid.
- Daniel Alonzo, b. 28 Nov. 1829, Madrid, d. 28 May 1872, Royalton, NY
- Sarah E., b. 31 Dec. 1831, Malone, ? m. V. K. MORSE
- Converse Pain, b. 3 Jan. 1834, Kent, Oh.
14. Amos Himes GREENO, bap. 23 Aug. 1807, Sudbury (Daniel,Daniel). He married Oct. 1828, Malone, NY, Sophia ORCUTT, b. 27 Jan. 1809, Vt., daughter of Bildad and Anna (ADAMS) ORCUTT. In 1850 they were in Malone, NY, where he was a cooper. He died at Malone, 6 Apr. 1878.
Children of Amos and Sophia GREENO:
- Adams Alonzo, b. ca. 1831
- Charlotte S., b. ca. 1833, m. 10 Aug. 1853, Henry W. ELLIS.
- George S., b. 1835, NY, he was perhaps the man of this name who married Anna _____ and was living in St. Augustine Fla. in 1880.
- Lewis W., b. 1837, NY, he was in Gunnison Co., Col. in 1880.
- Sarah L., b. 1841
- Henrietta, b. 1844, d. of cancer, 29 Apr. 1879, Malone.
- Oliver, b. 1845.
- Alice P., b. 1 May 1847.
15. Loren GREENO, b. 30 May 1802, Vt., (Moses,Daniel) m. (as from Malone, NY) 15 Sep. 1829, Wallingford, Vt. Mercy NICHOLS, b. 22 Jun. 1807, Danby, Vt., daughter of Jacob and Mary (CHASE) NICHOLS. They lived in Malone, NY, where he died 9 Oct. 1868, and she, 22 Mar. 1874.
Children of Loren and Mercy (NICHOLS) GREENO:
- Charles Loren, b. 27 Nov. 1839, enl. Co. I, 16th NY Inf., then 14th Art., and 26th Cav., d. 27 Nov. 1866, Malone.
- Deforest Le Roy, b. 19 Feb. 1842, Malone, d. 3 Sep. 1864, Douglas General U. S. Hospital, Washington, D. C., 3 Sep. 1864, of yellow fever, bur. Malone.
- Mary Louise, b. 13 Jul. 1846, Malone.
- Laura Ann, b. 28 Dec. 1848, Malone, d. 28 Dec. 1849, Malone.
16. Amasa GREENO, b. 1804, Vt., (Moses,Daniel) he married 1829, Pittsford, Sarah Maria CRIPPEN, b. 1805, Vt., daughter of Amos and Lucy (Hitchcock) Crippen, and moved to Columbia Twp., Bradford Co., Pa. There he bought a farm from S. Wheeler, which he operated until he sold in about 1838 to Levi Preston. He then purchased in neighboring Troy Twp., holding that land until 1860. In 1857, he was one of the charter members of the Trojan Lodge #306 of Masons. They moved to Randolph Co., Mo., following their son Amos. Sarah died 1872, and Amasa in 1884.
Children of Amasa and Sarah (CRIPPEN) GREENO:
- William Wallace, b. Mar. 1831.
- Lucy Ann, b. 1834, d. unmarried, 1900, Randolph Co. Mo.
- Lucinda, b. Aug. 1836, m. 5 Apr. 1857, Warren CASE
- Charles Loren, b. 29 May 1839
- Amos Moses, b. 18 Sep 1843, Troy
17. Clarissa GREENO, born ca. 1807, (Moses,Daniel), she was named by her uncle David Ford in his will. She presumably came to Bradford Co. with her mother and brother Amasa, and married Archibald MAYNARD, b. ca. 1804, Vt., son of Shubael MAYNARD by his first wife. They were at Troy in 1850.
Children of Archibald and Clarissa (GREENO) MAYNARD (probably incomplete):
- Archibald, b. ca. 1843.
- Clarissa, b. ca. 1846.
18. Laura GREENO, b. 1809, (Moses,Daniel) she was probably the niece named in the will of Daniel Ford in 1829. She m. ca. 1833, Charles HIMES, son of Amos HIMES, Jr., and Anna ADAMS. He was b. 25 Apr. 1810, Rutland, Vt. but was brought to Troy, Pa., shortly thereafter. In 1840, he bought land in Troy from Barney Webber, but in about 1846, they moved west to Goshen Twp., Stark Co., Ill., where he bought 160 acres of land, including what would become the Himes Cem. Laura died 10 Jan. 1869, while Charles lived until 21 Nov. 1876.
Children of Charles and Laura (GREENO) HIMES:
- Charles Franklin, b. May 1834, d. 15 Apr. 1838.
- Moses A., b. ca. 1836
- Luman P., b. ca. 1839, Capt. Co. E, 112th Ill. Vol. Inf., m. 3 Jul. 1866 Lucinda Manville BUFFUM.
- Austin Charles, b. ca. 1840, Pvt. Co. E, 112th Ill. Vol. Inf., m. 1 May 1872, Miriam Louisa STARR
- Anna Laura/Lydia?, b. 9 Feb. 1843, Troy, m. 17 May 1864 Emery Shannon BUFFON, d. 6 Nov. 1926, Long Beach, Cal.
- Clarissa L., b. ca. 1845
- Emma L., b. ca. 1847
- Jane Eliza, b. ca. 1849, she was in Kan. in 1882
- Homer H., b. ca. 1851, m.1 25 Nov. 1880, Kate WILLIAMS, m.2 Lena N. HEATON
19. Eliza GREENOUGH, born 1814, (Moses,Daniel), she taught school in Liberty Twp., Tioga Co., Pa, and married at Troy, 7 May 1846, Charles H. LAMB, son of James and Sally (OAKES) LAMB of Troy. He died 1866, and in 1880, she was living in West Pittston, Luzerne Co., with her son D.H. and daughter Sarah Lusk. She lived to 1902, being buried with her husband at Leroy.
Children of Charles and Eliza (GREENOUGH) LAMB (probably incomplete):
- James Judson, b. 1848, d. 1864, bur. Leroy.
- Charles Loren, b. 1849, d. 1924.
- Sarah, b. 27 Nov. 1850, d. 25 Sep. 1899. m. ___ LUSK, having son Loren, b. 1873, NY.
- D. Hadley, b. 1853, d. 1922, m. Lizabeth V. BOWEN.
20. Jotham GREENOUGH, b. 1803, (Samuel,Daniel) he is said to have been son of Daniel, Sr., but this can be ruled out. Instead, he was certainly identical to the Josam, listed by Myra Bass among Samuel's children. He m. Anna HUMMEL, but has not been found in any census, and perhaps died within a few years of his marriage.
Child of Jotham and Anna (HUMMEL) GREENOUGH (perhaps incomplete):
- Sarah, m. Rev. George HUNTER
21. Daniel Alonzo, born 30 Jan. 1818, NY (Samuel,Daniel). He married 23 Jan. 1844 at Leroy, Bradford Co., Pa., Betsey GRISWALD, b. ca. 1817, settling at Leroy. He enlisted 26 Sep. 1862, Co. E, 13th Militia Co. In 1872, Betsey applied for a pension on the basis of the death of their son Volney in the Civil War. Daniel eventually retired to Canton, Pa., but following Betsey's death on 9 Apr. 1895, he moved to Grand Traverse Co., Michigan, where in 1896 he also submitted a pension application based on his son's death. There he appears to have remarried in 1896 to Ellen POTTS. He died 23 Nov. 1900, while she died in 1905.
Children of Daniel Alonzo and Betsey (GRISWALD) GREENO (probably incomplete):
- Edwin C., b. 15 Jun. 1845, LeRoy
- Volney, b. 5 Jan. 1849
22. Lorenzo F. GREENO, born ca. 1819, NY, (Samuel,Daniel) by 1840 he was married to his wife Catharine, b. ca. 1825, NY. He appears in the tax records of Leroy Twp., Bradford Co. Pa. from 1841 to 1844, but shortly thereafter moved to Johnstown, Barry Co., Mich., where he farmed in 1850. They were in Calhoun Co., Mich. where son Samuel was born about 1855, and settled in the late 1860s in Long Lake, Grand Traverse Co., Mich.
Children of Lorenzo F. and Catharine GREENO (probably incomplete):
- Ellet (dau.), b. ca. 1842, Pa.
- Charles A., b. ca. 1844, Pa.
- William A., b. 23 Oct. 1847, Pa.
- Lucinda, b. ca. 1851, Mich., a teacher, she d. unm. 21 Mar. 1877, Long Lake, Grand Traverse Co., Mich.
- Samuel E., b. ca. 1855, Calhoun Co.Mich.
- Catherine, b. ca. 1859, Mich.
23. Gustavus C. GREENO, born ca. 1821, NY, (Samuel,Daniel), he is called Augustus in a later censuses, and George C. in tax records, two names which appear to have nothing in common, but a family document calls him Gustavus, which could have given rise to both, while his childrens' tombstones call him Gustacus C. He married Phebe _____, b. ca. 1822, Pa., and was taxed in Leroy Twp., Bradford Co., Pa. in 1845 and 1846. He would have been the brother with whom Harris Soper Greeno lived in Owego, Tioga Co., NY after their parents died. He was a Brakeman and conductor on the Erie Rail Road, and later (about 1870) ran a coal train. He was struck and killed by a train 22 Nov. 1885.
Children of Gustavus and Phebe GREENO: (perhaps incomplete)
- Loretta, b. ca. 1843, Pa., m. _____ DAVY
- Lucy, b. ca. 1845, Pa., d. 15 Jul. 1862, bur. Evergreen Cem., Owego.
- Frederick, b. ca. 1847, Pa., d. 22 Jul. 1862, bur. Evergreen Cem.
- George W., b. ca. Nov. 1849, NY, d. 14 Feb. 1851, bur. Evergreen Cem.
- George, b. ca. 1851, (? twin) d. 10 Jul. 1864, bur. Evergreen Cem.
- Lyman, b. ca. Nov. 1851, (? twin) d. 15 Feb. 1852, bur. Evergreen Cem.
24. Harris Soper GREENO, born 7 Aug. 1832, Millport, Chemung Co., NY, (Samuel,Daniel) he went to Michigan with his parents but returned east following their death, living with a brother in Owego, Tioga Co., NY, where he attended Owego Academy. He signed on as a hospital steward and bookkeeper with the Panama Railroad Company, spending six months there, and then studied medicine for a year before opening a dry-goods business at Roseville, Tioga Co., Pa., and married in neighboring Wellsboro 28 Aug. 1855, Sarah Elizabeth BODINE, daughter of Ellis M. and Margaret (SHEARER) BODINE. When his store burned, he returned to his studies, in the medical department in the University of Pennsylvania, and following graduation, in 1857 moved to Amboy, Lee Co., Ill. In Aug. 1858, he moved to Osawatomie, Kansas, and then in the fall of 1859 to Ft. Scott, Barbour Co., Kan. He enlisted in 1861 in the 6th Kansas Cav., in which he held the rank of Capt., and was wounded twice. He later recruited and became Major, then brevit Colonel in the 4th Arkansas Cav. Following the War (and perhaps before) he set up business as doctor and dentist in Topeka, and in Mar. 1877 moved to Kansas City, Mo., then in 1882 to Chicago. He was in Scott Co., Tenn. by 1890, and was still there in 1900, but moved again, to Fairhopes, Baldwin Co., Ala., where he was living in 1912.
Children of Harris Soper and Sarah Elizabeth (BODINE) GREENO:
- (son), d. aged 2.
- Nellie, b. 22 Nov. 1860, Ft. Scott, Kan., m. H. B. SLAUGHTER.
25. John R. GREENO, born ca. 1810, (John,Daniel) he was probably the John K. (sic) Greeno in Connewango Twp., Cattaraugas Co., NY in 1840, and was an unmarried farmer there in 1850, along with his mother and presumed nephews. He was still there in 1855, and perhaps in neighboring Hillsdale Twp. in 1860. Some time after this date, he married Mercy _____, b. 1823, NY, and was living in Randolph, Cattaraugus Co., in 1880.
26. Presina GREENO, born ca. 1812, (John,Daniel) she married Orange LITCHFIELD, b. ca. 1807, and lived first in Alden, Erie Co., NY, and in 1831 moved to Randolph, Cattaraugus Co., where he was a blacksmith, and still living there in 1880.
Children of Orange and Presina (GREENO) LITCHFIELD:
- Harvey, b. ca. 1833, a cabinet maker
- Mary, b. ca. 1836
- Hiram W., b. ca. 1838, still with his parentsin 1880.
- Leroy, b. ca. 1840
- Lucia, b. ca. 1842
- Emogene Agusta, b. ca. 1846, Randolph, NY, m. Charles H. WOLCOTT
- Rinaldo, b. ca. 1848
27. David C(oe?) GREENO, born 9 Sep. 1805, (Oliver,Daniel) he married Esther BENTLEY, b. ca. 1811, daughter of his step-mother. He died 19 May 1839, and is buried in Veteran Twp., Chemung Co., NY. She remarried to C. G. Maynard, and lived in Michigan, and later, Stanton, Colfax Co., Nebraska.
Children of David C. and Esther (BENTLEY) GREENO:
- Oliver G., b. 5 Dec. 1827
- William B(entley?), b. aft 1825
- Olive, b. ca. Jan. 1836, d. 10 Apr. 1836.
28. Lydia Ann GREENO, b. 26 Feb. 1810, (Oliver,Daniel) she married Pliny S. TANNER, but died Lydia Ann, 20 May 1839. He remarried twice, dying 29 Jan. 1891. He and all three wives are buried at the Millport Cem., Veteran Twp., Chemung Co., NY.
Child of Pliny S. and Lydia Ann (GREENO) TANNER:
- Aaron J., b. 19 Jan. 1836, d. 10 Apr. 1836.
29. Caroline GREENO, b. 26 Apr. 1817/9 (Oliver,Daniel) married William DENSON of Veteran Twp. She died 19 May 1839. A transcript of a tombstone in the Bentley/Greeno Cem. gives her a daughter Mary, who died 1848, aged 8 mos., but this is chronologically impossible. If truly her daughter, Mary was probably either aged 8 years, or died in 1840, in either case suggesting that Caroline died in childbirth.
(Perhaps) Child of William and Caroline (GREENO) DENSON:
- Mary, d. 1848, aged 8 mos. (sic).
30. Laton M. GREENO, b. 12 Jul. 1824 (Oliver,Daniel), he married Love Elizabeth TYREL, b. ca. Jun. 1814. He was a farmer and operated canal locks in Veteran Twp, Chemung Co., NY. He died 6 May 1870, while his wife d. 17 Jan. 1871, being buried at Millport.
Children of Laton M. and Love Elizabeth GREENO (perhaps incomplete):
- Olive M., b. 23 Jul. 1846, m. Edgar Ebenezer CARR
- Margaret A., b. ca. 1849
- Sarah, b. ca. 1851
31. Polly M. GREENO, b. 12 May 1827, (Oliver,Daniel) she m. Levi McCANN, b. 1824, a lock tender and farmer. They lived in Veteran Twp., where he d. 1891, and she in 1901.
Children of Levi and Polly M. (GREENO) McCANN (probably incomplete):
- Almira G., b. 1847, d. 1855.
- Caroline A., b. ca. 1849, m. William C. PRATT, having son Merton L., b. 1868.
32. Alonzo GREENO, born 28 Jun. 1813 (Emerson,Daniel), married Sarah Jane (McINTOSH) TANNER, b. 23 Jan. 1823, Kortwright, Delaware Co., NY, daughter of William M. and Elizabeth (KIFF) McINTOSH. He died 15 Mar. 1850, being buried at Alba Cem., Canton Twp., Bradford Co., Pa. She died 1888.
Child of Alonso and Sarah (McINTOSH) GREENO:
- Milton A., b. ca. Dec. 1848, d. 10 Jun. 1850, bur. Alba Cem.
33. Bathsheba Farmer GREENO, b. 16 Dec. 1819, (Emerson,Daniel), m. Amasa Darwin SPALDING, b. 1817, son of Amasa and Eunice (Shumway) Spalding. They lived in Canton, Bradford Co. Amasa d. 1903, with Bathsheba following him two years later.
Children of Amasa Darwin and Bathsheba (GREENO) SPALDING:
- Julia Adelia, b. 8 May 1853, d. 8 Jun. 1924, Canton, m. 16 Dec. 1874, William Thomas LAWRENCE
- Mary Lucinda, b. 22 Sep. 1855, Alba, Pa., m. 16 Oct. 1878, James Oscar WHITMAN.
- Hattie Emma, b. 1 Mar. Alba, Pa., d. 1934, m. 15 Oct. 1883, Lawrence Edward MANLEY.
34. Sarah Jane GREENO, born about 1822, (Emerson,Daniel), m. 25 Jan. 1841, John M. HEWITT of Chemung Co., NY.
35. Clarissa Maria GREENO, b. 1 Sep. 1809, Vt., (Leonard,Daniel) she married 30 Mar. 1834, as his second wife Heman R. HICKOK, son of James and Polly (OAKES) HICKOK of Troy, Pa., where they farmed. She died 7 Jun. 1925.
Children of Heman R. and Clarissa Maria (GREENO) HICKOK:
- Sarah Jerusha, b. 1833, m. Fred COLE
- Clarissa Jane, m1. Martin COMPTON, m2 Maynard BALLARD
- Ira, b. Oct 1838, d. 12 May 1839
- William Henry H(arrison?) b. 1841, m. Eliza MALLORY
- Melissa Loraine, b. 1843, m. Jay BUSH
- Mary Melvina, b. 1845, m. Benjamin Franklin WEBBER
- Lucy Ann, b. 1847, m. Amasa DUNBAR
- Florence Sophronia, m1 Chester CAMPBELL, m2 TAUNER, m3 George DAWSON
- Laverna Maria b. 1852, m. Lucian SMILEY
36. Hiram C. GREENO, born 16 Oct. 1811, (Leonard,Daniel), he married as his first wife, his cousin Sarah Ann GREENO, born 12 Mar. 1815, (Oliver,Daniel), and lived near her father in Steuben Co., NY in 1840, but she was buried in her Chemung Co., NY family Cem. Following her 30 Jan. 1841 death. He was of Millport when he remarried 2 Jun. 1842, in Bradford Co., Pa. to Harriet Jane WARD, b. 1813, dau. Aldrick Ward, and they settled in Troy, Bradford Co., Pa., where he was a farmer, and died (29?) Jul. 1875, outliving his wife who died 17 Dec. 1871.
Children of Hiram C. and Sarah Ann (GREENO) GREENO:
- Harrison W., b. 1837
- Sarah, b. 1840, m. Charles PACKARD
Child of Hiram and Harriet Jane (WARD) GREENO:
- Eldric (e.g. Aldrick), b. 21 Nov. 1852, d. 23 Jun. 1861, bur. Troy.
37. John H. GREENO, born 29 Jan. 1814, Vt., (Leonard,Daniel), he married Lucy A., born 1824, Pa., and lived in Troy Twp., Pa. at least through 1880, dying 12 Dec. 1886.
Children of John H. and Lucy A. GREENO:
- William, b. Jun. 1852
- Winfield E., b. 23 Sep. 1861
37. Calvin M. GREENO, born 15 Jun. 1816, (Leonard,Daniel), he was taxed in Troy 1842, 1849, 1863, and 1864. His residence at other times has not been detemined. He married Mary P. ______, and died 2 Oct. 1864, being buried at Troy.
Child of Calvin M. GREENO:
- Warren, d.y.
- Susan Mary.
38. Henry L., b. 18 Dec. 1821, (Leonard,Daniel) m. Caroline McINTOSH, b. 1833. Henry died 2 May 1868, while his widow lived to 1914.
Children of Henry L and Caroline GREENO:
- Merton E., b. 1856, m. Mary
- Clarence L., b. b. 27 Jun. 1857, was living in St. Paul, Minn. in 1880, d. 1 Sep. 1891.
- Charles H., b. 1866
39. Harry S. GREENO, born 18 Dec. 1821, (Leonard,Daniel), he married Ladorna A. LOOMIS, born 8 May 1840, and lived in Leroy Twp. Bradford Co., Pa., dying 2 Mar. 1900, while she lived to Jan. 1914.
Children of Harry S. and Ladorna GREENO:
- Jennie, b. 1860
- Burt M., b. 14 Oct. 1862, d. 17 May 1874.
- Grace, d. 22 Feb. 1871.
40. William Leonard GREENO, b. 13 Jul. 1823, Rutland, (Leonard,Daniel), he married about 1855, Almira Elizabeth (PIERCE) EDWARDS, daughter of David and Mary (STILES) PIERCE, b. 28 Oct. 1828, Ogdensburg, St. Lawrence Co., NY. They moved to Fond du Lac Co., Wis, and later to Valparaiso, Saunders Co., Nebraska, where he was a wagonmaker. He died there 20 Jun. 1912. She moved on to Murray, Salt Lake Co., Utah, dying 11 Nov. 1928.Children of William Leonard and Almira Eliza (PIERCE) GREENO:
- Mary, b. 1856, d. 1858
- Clarence William, b. 17 Oct. 1859, Waupun, Fond du Lac Co., Wis.
- Henry Richard, b. 1 Oct. 1863, Waupun.
- Lucie Emeline, b. 22 Mar. 1866, Waupun, m. Charles Marion COX
41. Luther M. GREENO, b. 13 Sep. 1825, Rutland (Leonard,Daniel), m. Jane LUCAS, b. 19 Jan. 1825, and was a farmer in Leroy Twp. in 1850, and Granville, Bradford Co., in 1880. She was buried in Leroy following her death, 19 Jun. 1888.
42. Lydia Ann GREENO, b. 13 Nov. 1829, Rutland, (Leonard,Daniel). She married Furman B. LUCAS, b. 1834, a blacksmith in Troy. She died 27 Sep. 1917.
Children of Furman and Lydia Ann (GREENO) LUCAS (probably incomplete):
- Dael B., b. 1856
- Nettie A., b. 1866, d. unm. 18 Oct. 1908.
43. Mary Ann GREENO, b. 7 Jun. 1931, Rutland, (Leonard,Daniel). She married first James LUCAS, b. 1827, d. 1868, and she remarried, as his second wife, to David GUILD, b. 1821, a farmer. She d. 1921.
Children of James and Mary Ann (GREENO) LUCAS:
- Emma, b. 1854, d. 1928, m. Edward Valentine SALISBURY.
- Warren, b. 1857, d. 1865
- Clara, b. 1867, d. 1929, m. McKEEL.
44. Harlan P. GREENO, b. 11 Jan. 1836, Rutland, (Leonard,Daniel). He enlisted 1 Nov. 1861 in Co. C, 7th Pa. Cav. (80th Regt.), being discharged 7 Mar. 1863, because of disability. m. Harriet RUGGLES, and lived in Troy, Pa.
Children of Harlan P. and Harriet (RUGGLES) GREENO:
- A.L., b. 1859
- Lydia R., b. 1862, m. Penn S. BUSH
- Laura A., b. 19 Aug. 1868, d. 25 Jun. 1870.
48. Experience GREENO, b. 1810 (?,Daniel) said to be daughter of Oliver, but her descendants are not listed among his heirs at probate. She was probably either daughter of Samuel, who lived near Oliver at the time of her marriage, or of Moses, who had a daughter of this name adopted by uncle David Ford, and perhaps by Oliver after Ford's death. (That they named a son Archibald M. is suggestive of the latter, another daughter of Moses having married Archibald Maynard, but she is not named among the children of Moses by a great-granddaughter.) She married about 1830 to William BENTLEY, b. 20 Jan. 1806, son of Green BENTLEY and Olive HOPPER. They moved to Pa., and then to Washington Co., Iowa, where she died in 1846. He remarried to Abigail Owens, and died 24 Aug. 1883 at Taylor, Shelby Co., Mo.
Children of William and Experience (GREENO) BENTLEY (probably incomplete):
- Mary F., b. 10 Dec. 1830, NY, m. James C. BENSON
- David, b. ca. 1832, NY
- Harrison, b. ca. 1834, NY
- Cecelia F., b. ca. 1838, NY
- Archibald M., b. ca. 1842, Pa.
- Ira, b. ca. 1843, Pa.
(49.) The following is of unknown placement, being found only in the will of Adams Alonzo GREENO, who had adopted his daughter. The father was probably either Samuel or Amos, sons of Daniel, who both married Orcutts.
Child of an unknown GREENO:
- D. Orcutt
- Susan, b. 1856, living with Amasa Darwin and Bathsheba (Greeno) Spalding in Canton in 1860.
- James, b. 1857, living with Emerson and Anna Greeno in Canton in 1860, probably sibling of Susan.
50. Charles S. W. GREENO, b. 2 Jun. 1832, (Silas,Daniel,Daniel), m1. Westville, NY, 8 Jan. 1861, Eleanor E. McINTYRE, b. ca. 1836, d. 10 Mar. 1865, Westville. He served in the Civil War in Co. F, 16th NY Cav., enlisting 9 Aug. 1864, discharged at Washington 29 May 1865. He remarried 22 Feb. 1866, Mary McINTYRE. A farmer, some time after 1875, he moved to Cataract, (Little Falls), Monroe Co., Wis., but following the death of Mary some time after 1880, he returned to Malone, 4 Nov. 1885, to marry his third wife, widow Pamelia BASSFORD, who was b. 1832 at Westville. He d. 18 Oct. 1915.
Child of Charles S. W. and Eleanor E. (McINTYRE) GREENO:
- Libby Eleanor, b. 7 Sep. 1863, d. 21 Aug. 1865, Westville.
Child of Charles S. W. and Mary (McINTYRE) GREENO (probably incomplete):
- Wallace, b. 1867
- Lillian, b. 1869
- Charlotte Angelina, b. 7 Feb. 1875, bap. 14 Nov. 1875, d. bef. 1880.
51. Amos Washington GREENO, b. 4 Jul. 1834, (Silas,Daniel,Daniel), he married Catharine S. McINTYRE, b. 1835, and was a farmer in Westville in 1860. In late 1862 or early 1863, he was from Malone when he was exempted from service in the Civil War because of a varicose vein in his left leg. He went to Little Falls, Monroe Co., Wis., where he would be Justice of the Peace, and where both died, he on 14 May 1917.
Children of Amos Washington and Catherine S. (McINTYRE) GREENO (probably incomplete):
- Sarah, d.y.
- William Charles, b. 1859.
- George S., b. 1860.
- Fred A., b. 1866.
- Byron Amos, b. 18 May 1868.
- Jennie M.
51. Edward B. GREENO, b. 1834, (Silas,Daniel,Daniel), he moved to Little Falls, Monroe Co., Wis., and married Lucinda (_____) JAMES, b. 1838, NY, where he was living in 1880.
Child of Edward and Lucinda (JAMES) GREENO (probably incomplete):
- Jesse, b. 1875, Iowa?
52. John Baldridge GREENO, b. 6 May 1846, (Silas,Daniel,Daniel), he enlisted in Co. F. 16th NY Cav. in Aug. 1864. He married 2 Jul. 1867, Julia L. MORGAN, dau. F. C. MORGAN, and lived in Moira and Bangor, NY. He was 5' 10 1/2" tall, with blue eyes, dark hair, and a dark complexion. He lived at Malone, Franklin Co., NY, except for brief periods when he lived in Wisconsin (1877-1881) and St. Lawrence Co., NY (2 years), before settling in Brushton, Franklin Co., in 1889. He died in 1925, being buried at Brushton, where Julia had been buried following her death in 1920.
Children of John B. and Julia L. (MORGAN) GREENO:
- Harriet C., b. 9 Jun. 1868.
- Clinton E., b. 25 Dec. 1869, d. 1949, bur. Brushton.
- Emma "Bessie" L., b. 3 Apr. 1871, d. 1961, bur. Brushton.
- Gertrude L., b. 6 Feb. 1874.
- Grace B., b. 18 May 1877.
- Blanche E., b. 15 Sep. 1880.
- Mabel S., b. 7 Aug. 1885, m. 8 Mar. 1905, Lewis K. PARKER
- Hazel M., b. 19 Apr. 1893.
53. Maria S. GREENO, b. 1820, (Samuel,Daniel,Daniel) m.1 3 Jan. 1844, Lewis A. MOSES, d. aft. 1846, m.2 Benjamin S. WOODRUFF. (She is said to have m.3 William C. McVICKAR, but this is certainly an error, as it was her sister who married William M. McVICKAR). She d. 1878.
Children of Lewis A. and Maria S. (GREENO) MOSES:
- Hannah Maria, b. 21 Dec. 1844, m.1 1865, Frederick C. KING, m.2 1879, Howard E. KING.
- Mary Ellen, b. 1846.
53. Eliza A. GREENO, b. 1824, (Samuel,Daniel,Daniel) m. William M. McVICKAR, who died 24 Jan. 1861. She died 29 Jul. 1894 at Malone.
Children of William and Eliza A. (GREENO) McVICKAR:
- Mary S., b. ca. 1851, m. RALPH
- Hannah Wilhelmina, b. 3 Jul. 1853, d. 26 Dec. 1853, Malone.
- James S., b. 1855, d. 1 Nov. 1879, Malone
- Emeretta (perh. Emmaletta), b. ca. 1859, m Charles BREED, and d. 1932.
54. Samuel GREENO, b. 27 Dec. 1831, (Samuel,Daniel,Daniel), he was examined for potential service in the Civil War, but the results of this exam were not reported. He married 3 Sep. 1862 Letitia A. CONGER, b. ca. 1837, NY. He died at Malone, 12 Feb. 1896. He m.2, sometime after 1880 when his first wife was still living, a McHUGH.
55. Amos Himes GREENO, born 6 Oct. 1827, Madrid, NY, (Daniel,Daniel,Daniel), he married first Eleanor Agnes HASSONS, b. ca. 1829, who died at Rochester, NY, 23 Aug. 1864. He remarried to Susan R., and lived in Wayne Co., NY. He died at Buffalo 7 Mar. 1873, and was buried at Newark, Wayne Co.
Children of Amos Himes and Eleanor Agnes (HASSONS) GREENO:
- Sarah E., b. 1852, NY, m. Charles W. LASKEY, and had a child Clara B., b. 1879, liv. Middleport.
- John Converse, telegraph operator, Springfield, Mo.
Children of Amos Himes and Susan R. GREENO (probably incomplete):
- Mary E., b. ca. 1856, NY, living with her sister in 1880, d. 19 Jan. 1896
- Lemuel Sutherland, b. 1869, d. 12 Feb. 1879.
56. Converse Pain GREENO, born 3 Jan. 1834, Kent, Oh., (Daniel,Daniel,Daniel), he married 5 Dec. 1865, Lockport, NY, Emily Jerusha MEAD, daughter of Louis and Huldah (GALE) MEAD, b. 16 Oct. 1837, Lockport. They lived in Middleport, where their children were born.
Children of Converse Pain and Emily Jerusha (MEAD) GREENO:
- Stata Mehitabel, b. 8 Sep. 1872
- Della Eliza, b. 30 Jul. 1875
57. Adams Alonso GREENO, b. 1831, (Amos,Daniel,Daniel), m1. 1 Jul. 1852 Amy JOHNSON, m2. Margareta, b. ca. 1831. Adams died d. 1 Oct. 1865, Malone, while his widow survived until 16 Mar. 1896.
Child of Adams A. and Amy (JOHNSON) GREENO (perhaps incomplete):
- Millard F., b.ca. 1852, d. 3 Jun. 1880.
Child of Adams A. and Amy (JOHNSON) GREENO (perhaps incomplete):
- Laura M., b.ca. 1863.
58. Lewis W. GREENO, b. 1837, (Amos,Daniel,Daniel), appears to be the man of this name who m. 20 Nov. 1860, NY, Sarah AVERY, and lived in Knox Co., Ill. He was in Gunnison Co., Col., in 1880, and (if he is Sarah's groom) moved by 1910 to Poinsett Co., Ark.
Child of Lewis W. and Sarah (AVERY) GREENO:
- Charles Frederick, b. 1862, Ill.
- Edgar Oliver, b. Henry Co., Ill.
- Frank (?).
- May, b. 8 May 1869, d. 24 Aug. 1911 Galesburg, Knox Co.m. ARMSTRONG.
57. Mary Louise GREENO, b. 13 Jul. 1846, (Loren,Moses,Daniel) at Malone, NY, where she m. Silas Wright GRANT, b. 1 Jan., ____. She d. 5 Jul. 1903 at Albany, of an enlarged heart, and he then d. there, 11 Oct. 1912.
Children of Silas Wright and Mary Louise (GREENO) GRANT:
- Kittie Maud, b. 3 Apr. 1873, Malone, m. 28 Apr. 1905, Albany, George Hatfield COLLINS, having children Marian Hopewell, George Grant, and Howard Frederick.
- Sara Irena, b. 27 May 1877, Canada, m. 30 Apr. 1913, Albany, Clinton Ten Eyck JACKSON.
- Nellie Sartoris, b. 9 Dec. 1879, d. 10 Jul. 1896, Albany.
- Grace Gertrude Greeno, b. 31 Jan. 1885, m. Montreal, 15 Nov. 1917, Alfred Horatio HUMPHREY.
59. William Wallace GREENO, b. Mar. 1831, Pa. (Amasa,Moses,Daniel) He was in Clearfield Co., Pa., during the Civil War, but before 1873 had moved to Missouri, settling in Moniteau, Randolph Co., in the same general area as his father. The name of his first wife has not been determined, but she died after 1867, and he remarried Mary _____, b. ca. 1840, Pa. In 1880, he was hosting his nephew Merit Case.
Children of William Wallace and _____ GREENO (probably incomplete):
- Franklin A., b. ca. 1855, Pa.
- Isabell, b. ca. 1857, Pa.
- Elmer, b. ca. 1861, Pa.
- Warren, b. ca. 1864, Pa.
- Alonzo, b. ca. 1867, Pa.
Children of William Wallace and Mary GREENO:
- Arthur, b. ca. 1873, Mo.
- Archibald, b. ca. 1877, Mo.
58. Lucinda GREENO, b. Aug. 1836, (Amasa,Moses,Daniel), she married 5 Apr. 1857, Warren CASE, b. 1835, Pa. She died 3 Dec. 1907, Troy.
Children of Warren and Lucinda (GREENO) CASE:
- Merit L., b. ca. 1858, Pa., of Syracuse, NY in 1907.
- Arthur A., b. 1873, Pa., of Corning, NY.
59. Charles Loren GREENO, b. 29 May 1839, Troy, Pa. (Amasa,Moses,Daniel) He enlisted 1 Nov. 1861, and became 2nd. Lt., Co. C., 7th Pa. Cav. (80th Regt.), He became Capt. Co. H. 1 Mar. 1863, Major, 13 Feb. 1865, and Brevet Lt. Col. 2 Apr. 1865, being mustered out 23 Aug. 1865, bearing scars from a gunshot would to the lower arm and shoulder. He was about 6 feet tall, with blue eyes and black hair. He married 21 Sep. 1865 at Milesburg, Pa., Lucy A. WEIDMAN, b. ca. 1844, Pa. and moved to Cincinnati, where he was owner of the Greeno Mattress Co. He died 31 Dec. 1912, at St. Petersburg, Fla.
Children of Charles Loren and Lucy (WEIDMAN) GREENO:
- Mary Emma, b. 15 May 1867, Milesburg, Pa., m. Lewis Newton GATCH.
- Anna Laura, b. 10 Sep. 1868, Milesburg, m. Demas COCHLIN.
- Myra Elizabeth, b. 16 Mar. 1870, m. William BASS.
- Edna Gertrude, b. 18 Mar. 1871, m. Walter MOORE.
- Charles Crippen, b. 15 Sep. 1872.
- Adelaide, b. 6 Oct. 1875, d. bef. 1880.
- Dorothy Eva, b. 11 Mar. 1877, d. unm. 1965.
- Sarah Elenora, b. 1 Aug. 1879, m. William W. KEEN.
- Esther Mildred, b. 17 Jan. 1881, d. 1970, Asheville, NC, m. Gibson David PACKER.
- Edward Weidman, b. 6 Dec. 1883, d. ca. 1965, m. Julia RANKIN.
- Loren Walden, b. 21 Feb. 1886, d. 8 Nov. 1916.
60. Amos Moses GREENO, born 18 Sep. 1843 (Amasa,Moses,Daniel), Troy, Pa. He enlisted in the emergency militia raised in June 1863 (26th Regt.), serving at Gettysburg, and then on 10 Feb. 1864, in Co. H, 7th Pa. Cav. (80th Regt.), where became Commissary Sgt. He was discharged in Aug. 1865, in Missouri, while on sick leave. He married, near Huntsville, Mo., 20 May 1868, Lovina H. HUNT, b. 4 Feb. 1842, Huntsville, Randolph Co., Mo., d. 1 Sep. 1905. He was in Silver Creek, Randolph Co., in 1880, and Sturgeon, Boone Co., Mo., in 1907, where he died 6 Mar. 1916.
Children of Amos and Lovina (HUNT) GREENO:
- George Washington, b. ca. 1869.
- Lucy B., b. ca. 1871, m. Nim BREEDLOVE.
- Annie Mary, b. ca. 1873, m. 1895, Thomas Daniel PHILLIPE.
- Robert William, b. ca. 1874.
- Margaret Angeline, b. 1875, d. 1876
61.Sarah GREENOUGH, b. ca. 1832, Pa., (Jotham,Samuel ,Daniel), married Rev. George HUNTER, b. ca. 1825. They were living in Lewisburg, Union Co., Pa. in 1880.
Child of Rev. George and Sarah (GREENOUGH) HUNTER:
- Anna A., b. 1860, Pa., m. Irvin Minor DREISBACH, b. ca. 1858, Pa., son of Cyrus and Susan Driesbach, of Lewisburg.
- George, b. 1861, Pa.
62. Edwin C. GREENO, b. 15 Jun. 1845 (Daniel,Samuel,Daniel), he enlisted in Co. I, 15th NY Engineers. He married 29 Dec. 1868, at LeRoy, Pa., Clara Emoline WHIPPLE, b. 1845, Pa. They lived in LeRoy and Troy Twps., where he farmed, dying 22 Apr. 1919.
Children of Edwin and Clara (WHIPPLE) GREENO:
- Volney Lorenzo, b. 3 Dec. 1873
- Walter Laverne, b. 24 Oct. 1879
63. Volney A. GREENO, b. 5 Jan. 1849 (Daniel,Samuel,Daniel), enlisted 11 Oct. 1864 in Co. L, 12th NY Cav., and died of disease 28 Dec. 1864, at Newbern, N.C., perhaps before seeing action. In 1872, his mother applied for a pension on the basis of his death in service, while his father applied from Michigan in the 1890s.
64. Uriah GREENOUGH(Daniel,Samuel,Daniel), m. Matilda L. MINARD, who d. 19 Feb. 1880, perhaps having survived him. He was apparently dead by 1898, as he is not named in his father's will.
Child of Uriah and Matilda L (MINARD) GREENOUGH:
- Floyd Burt.
65. Charles A. GREENO, born ca. 1844, Pa., (Lorenzo,Samuel,Daniel), married Mary M., b. ca. 1845, Canada West. He was a farmer at Long Lake, Grand Traverse Co., Mich., in 1870.
Child of Charles and Mary M. GREENO:
- Freddie H., b. 25 Jun. 1871, Long Lake Twp.
65. William A. GREENO, born 23 Oct. 1847, Pa. or Mich., (Lorenzo,Samuel,Daniel), married 10 Jun. 1872, Traverse City, Grand Traverse Co., Mich., Hattie S. JORDAN, b. ca. 1849, NY, daughter Lee and Lura JORDAN. He was a farmer at Long Lake, Grand Traverse Co., in 1880. Hattie d. 6 Sep. 1885 in Long Lake Twp. of "dropsey". William continued to farm in Long Lake, in 1897 testifying on behalf of his uncle Daniel. William died 14 Mar. 1918, Long Lake Twp., of a heart ailment.
Child of William and Hattie GREENO:
- Maud E., b. 22 Sep. 1875, m.1 COLLINS, div., m.2 Lewis M. THORSON.
66. Samuel E. GREENO, born ca. 1855, Calhoun Co., Mich., (Lorenzo,Samuel,Daniel), married 9 Jul. 1876, Almira Twp., Benzie Co., Mich., Phebe PETTIS b. ca. 1855, St. Lawrence Co., NY. He was working in a sawmill in Long Lake, Grand Traverse Co., Mich., in 1880. She died 1913.
Child of Samuel and Phebe GREENO:
- Mabel V., b. 18 Apr. 1880, Long Lake Twp.
67. Loretta GREENO, born ca. 1843, Pa., (Gustavus,Samuel,Daniel), married say 1864, _____ DAVY, and both were perhaps dead by 1880, when her children were living with her father Gustavus, listed as grandchildren.
Child of Loretta (GREENO) DAVY: (perhaps incomplete)
- William, b. ca. 1865.
- Lena E., b. ca. 1869.
- Adda C., b. ca. 1872.
68. Oliver G. GREENO, b. 5 Dec. 1827, NY. (David,Oliver,Daniel), m1. Sarah Ann HARKNESS, and was in Clarion Co., Pa. in 1850, but then moved on to Iowa, and then Herman, Washington Co., Nebraska. Following the death of Sarah, he m2. Emily Luthera SPAULDING, b. 1858, Pa.
Children of Oliver G. and Sarah Ann (HARKNESS) GREENO (incomplete):
- Layton William, b. ca. 1846, enlisted 22 Feb. 1864 in Co. A., 3rd Iowa Cav. He m. Mary A., b. 1844, and had Olive J., b. 1865, Oliva, b. 1866, both born in Iowa, and Adolphus, b. 1871, William W., b. 1875, John H., b. 1877, and Louis L., b. 1878, in Neb., where he was living in Blair, Washington Co., in 1880.
- Mary, b. ca. 1849
- Harrison Milton, b. 19 May 1852, m. Mariah Louisa COULTER, and moved to East Portland, Ore., having Pearly J., b. 1876, and Milton V., b. 1879.
- Oliver J., b. 24 Dec. 1865.
- Viola, b. ca. 1866, Iowa.
- Franklin, b. ca. 1870
Children of Oliver G. and Emily Luthera (SPAULDING) GREENO (incomplete):
- Jacob, b. ca. 1875
- Alonzo, b. ca. 1878
- Charles O., b. ca. 1879
69. William B(entley?) GREENO, b. aft. 1825 (David,Oliver,Daniel), he was unmarried when he enlisted in Aug. 1862 at Hagar, Mich., in Co. M, 4th Mich. Cav. The following 15 Dec. he was wounded in battle outside of Nashville, and died in a hospital there two days later. Thirty years later, his mother applied for a pension on his behalf.
70. Olive GREENO, b. 23 Jul. 1846, (Laton,Oliver,Daniel), m. 3 Jul. 1864, Millport, NY, Edgar Ebenezer CARR, b. 5 Sep. 1841, son of Evans Potter and Philoma (Tuttle) Carr. They first lived in Millport, but about 1874 moved to Jackson Twp., Tioga Co., Pa., where they were living in 1880. They would later move back across the border, where he was a saloon-keeper and tobacco salesman in Veteran, Chemung Co., NY, and d. 23 Nov. 1910. She died 25 May 1912, and is buried at Millport.
Children of Edgar Ebenezer and Olive (GREENO) CARR:
- Sadie Lucy, b. 6 Apr. 1868, d.y., bef. 1880.
- Harry Evans, b. 8 Jan. 1870, Millport
- Lucy Love, b. 1 Feb. 1872, Millport
- Willie Tuttle, b. 17 May 1874, d.y., bef. 1880.
- Susan Minerva, b. 15 Sep. 1875, Pa.
- Arthur Tuttle, b. 27 Sep. 1878, Job's Corners, Pa.
- Addria Hattie, b. 20 Apr. 1881
- Carrie Lorena, b. 13 Aug. 1884, Job's Corners
- Robert Laten, b. 17 Jan. 1887
71. Harrison W. GREENO, born 1837, NY (Hiram,Leonard,Daniel/Sarah,Oliver,Daniel) was named in his grandfather Oliver's will. He lived in Troy Twp., Bradford Co., where he farmed. He married Charlotte Case, who was born 1839 and died 20 Jan. 1918, outliving Harrison, who died 16 Jun. 1903
Children of Harrison and Charlotte GREENO:
- Rupert, b. 1862, m. Clara CASE
- Florence, b. 1868 m. Frank MORSE
- Zina, b. 1870, m. Jennie Eva HARRIS
- Frank, b. 1877
72. Sarah GREENO, born 1840, (Hiram,Leonard,Daniel/Sarah,Oliver,Daniel), married Charles PACKARD of Troy, and died 20 Dec. 1918.
Children of Charles and Sarah (GREENO) PACKARD:
- Sarah, b. 1860, perh. d. in childhood.
- Eldrick, b. 1863, m. Belle WHEELER
- George Alonso, m. Jessie HUNT
73. William J. GREENOUGH, born Jun. 1852, (John,Leonard,Daniel), married Sarah J. CLOSE, b. 1854, and farmed in Troy Twp., Pa., being buried at East Troy in 1929, while she was buried there 1918.
Children of William and Sarah GREENO:
- George, b. 1876
- Flora, b. 1878
- John Leo, b. ca. Jan. 1892, d. 6 Oct. 1894, bur. East Troy
74. Winfield E. GREENO, born 23 Sep. 1863, (John,Leonard,Daniel), married Lovina N. STILES, b. 1867. They are both buried in Troy, he in having d. 23 Dec. 1894, she in 1947. They had two daughters.
75. Susan Mary GREENO, born 16 May 1846, (Calvin,Leonard,Daniel), married 25 Mar. 1863, Randolph WARD.
76. Clarence William GREENO, born 17 Oct. 1859, Waupun, Fond du Lac Co., Wis. (William,Leonard,Daniel), married 15 Jan. 1882 Mary Francina SMITH. He died 17 Jul. 1951
77. Henry Richard GREENO, born 1 Oct. 1863, Waupun, (William,Leonard,Daniel), married 7 Dec. 1885, Frances HULL. He died 3 Nov. 1940.
78. Lucie Emeline GREENO, born 22 Mar. 1866, Waupun (William,Leonard,Daniel), she married 22 Jan. 1882, Weston, Saunders Co., Neb., Charles Marion COX. They moved to Blackfoot, Idaho, then Salt Lake Co., Utah, where he died 5 Mar. 1940, and she 2 May 1947.
Children of Charles Marion and Lucie Emeline (GREENO) COX:
- Pearl Gertrude, b. 24 Feb. 1883, m. David EMIGH
- Dennis Judson, b. 26 Jan. 1886
- William Monroe, b. 6 May 1888
- Hattie Frances, b. 30 Jun. 1892, m. Stratton Montgomery ROWELL
- Carrie Marian, b. 6 Sep. 1895, m. Raymond Leslie BUTLER
- Charles Clarence, b. 5 Feb. 1900
- Joseph McLean, b. 7 Oct. 1904
- Myra Mae, b. 22 Jul. 1908, m. Edgar Earl Stanley
79. D. Orcutt GREENO, (?,Daniel,Daniel), he was dead by 12 Aug. 1865, leaving a daughter adopted by Adams Alonso GREENO.
Child of D. Orcutt GREENO:
- Laura May, b. bef. 1865.
80. Maud E. GREENO, b. 22 Sep. 1875, Long Lake Twp. (William,Lorenzo,Samuel,Daniel). She apparently m.1, and (by 1900) was divorced from a COLLINS, as she changed her name from Maud Collins to Maud Greenhoe in the Grand Traverse Co. Probate Court. She m.(? 2) ca. 1901, Lewis M. THORSON, b. 1870, Norway, son of Gunther and Caroline (Lewis) THORSON. He was in Co. M., Michigan Volunteers during the Spanish-American War. Maud died 26 Feb. 1921, and Lewis 20 Jun. 1927, Long Lake Twp., of "secondary aremina".
Child of Lewis and Maud E. (GREENO) THORSON:
- Ida L., b. 8 Jun. 1902, Long Lake Twp., d. 14 Nov. 1919.
81. Harrison Milton GREENO, b.19 May 1852, (Oliver,David,Oliver,Daniel). He m. Mariah Louisa COULTER, b. 6 May 1852, daughter of Nathaniel Anderson and Jane (BURTON) COULTER, and moved to East Portland, Ore. He died 21 Sep. 1921, while she d. 2 Mar. 1932.
Children of Harrison Milton and Mariah Louisa (COULTER) GREENO:
- Pearl Jane, b. 9 Apr. 1876, d. 10 Jul. 1948, m.1 14 Mar. 1894 Joshua GIBSON, d. 1898, m.2 Vince DRAPER.
- Annie, b. 1877, d. 1879.
- Milton Victor, b. 26 Oct. 1879, d. 24 Sep. 1958, m. 6 Oct. 1904 Blanche L. NIESEN, b. 7 Aug. 1899, d. 27 Jun. 1950.
- Jesse, b. 1881, d. 1921.
- Emma May, b. 11 Apr. 1883, d. 15 Dec. 1938, m. 25 Feb. 1904 Guy M. NIESEN.
- Oliver, b. 1884, m. Nina VICKERS.
- Berda, b. 6 Mar. 1886, d. 15 Sep. 1961, m. 26 Sep. 1906, Earl NIESEN.
- Myrtle, b. 1888 d. 1961 m. Harry LaDUE.
- William Harrison, b. 19 Nov. 1889, d. 28 Jul. 1944, m. 1908 Helen JOHNSON.
- Clara, b. 1891, m. Gus WITHAM.
- Cornelia, b. 1896, m. Norman WALLACE.
82. Oliver J. GREENO, b. 24 Dec. 1865, (Oliver,David,Oliver,Daniel). He m. Sarah Belle PENNINGTON, and lived in Blair, Washington Co., and Randolph, Cedar Co., Neb.
Children of Oliver J. and Sarah Belle (PENNINGTON) GREENO:
- Charles Oliver, b. 26 Oct. 1888.
- Ernest Wesley, b. 30 Dec. 1890.
- child, b. 30 Dec. 1890, d.y.
- Mary, b. 28 Oct. 1892, Blair, Neb.
- Edna, b. 18 Jun. 1895.
- Helen Luemma, b. 12 Aug. 1899, Randolph, Neb., m. 21 Jan. 1920, Lloyd Clifford STOBER.
- Iva Belle, b. Feb. 1901.