Standish Parish Church

St. Nicholas Church
Photos by John Wilkes of Cam near Dursley,
The Gloucestershire
Photo Library

Page composition by
Allan Taylor of Vancouver, Canada

St. Nicholas church dates to the first part of the 14th C. It is aisleless with a wide nave and a similarly wide chancel. The narrow west tower is surmounted by a graceful spire with rolls up the edges. The font is 1860 by F. Niblett. The church was restored by James Piers St. Aubyn in 1869, at which time all the interior walls were scraped of their plaster. There is stained glass in the church by Clayton & Bell, 1879; and Kempe, 1888.