1Gilman Bigelow Howe, Genealogy of the Bigelow Family of America: from the Marriage in 1642 of John Biglo and Mary Warren to the Year 1890, pp. 100-101 (1890).
"104-278. JOTHAM BIGELOW of Phillipston, Mass., the fourth child and eldest son of Jotham and Persis (Temple) Bigelow, was born in Holden, Mass., Dec. 12, 1745, and married Mercy (or Mary) Powers of Harvard, where she was born in 1750, and she died in Phillipston, June 18, 1821. He died in the same town, Sept. 7, 1803. His will mentions wife Mercy and daughters Persis Temple, wife of John Swan, Polly, wife of Mordecai Peckham, Sally, Arathusa and Lucinda. Their children were:
705. PERSIS TEMPLE, b. March, 1776; m. John Swan.
706. POLLY; m. Mordecai Peckham.
707. SALLY, b. Aug. 29, 1782; m. Feb., 1804, Silas Goddard, who was b. in Phillipston, May 21, 1780, and d. Feb. 13, 1809; she d. in Springfield, Mass., March 24, 1845. They had:
i. SALLY, b. March 22, 1805; m. Sept. 27, 18424, Ebenezer Bigelow; lived in Phillipston.
ii. MARY, b. May 18, 1807; unm.
iii. ARATHUSA, b. June 26, 1809l m. March 30, 1827, Tully T. Parker of Phillipston, and she d. Sept. 19, 1883. No children.
708. ARETHUSA, b. Sept. 6, 1785; m. Feb. 3, 1805, William Bigelow (her cousin); lived in Phillipston.
709. LUCINDA, m. Josiah Bigelow (her cousin).".