ERROLL M. AUGUR
Erroll M. Augur, member of the bar and assistant clerk of the superior court at New Haven since 1912, was born at Westport, Connecticut, December 9, 1874, a son of Charles P. and Belle M. (Allen) Augur, who were natives of this state. Dr. Nicholas Augur was one of the first of the family to settle in the New Haven colony in 1640 and purchased property near the corner of Church and Elm streets that is now in the center of the city. Charles P. Augur was born in New Haven, while his wife was a native of Westport. For a time he engaged in farming and seed growing at Woodbridge, Connecticut. He still survives, but his wife passed away in October, 1915. In their family were eight children, seven daughters and one son: Mrs. Charles E. Peck, of Woodbridge; Erroll M.; Elma I., also living in Woodbridge; Ethel M., now of Philadelphia; Mrs. Samuel Patterson, of New Haven; Eunice R., a teacher in the Beechwood school at Jenkintown, Pennsylvania: Mrs. Sherwood Doolittle, of New Haven; and Mrs. Robert Frazer, of Philadelphia.
Erroll M. Augur supplemented his public school education by study in a business college and then entered the Yale Law School, from which he was graduated with the class of 1897. Immediately afterward he began practice in New Haven in the office of Bristol, Stoddard & Bristol. On the 1st of May, 1912, he was appointed to the office of assistant clerk of the superior court and annually since that time has been chosen for the position. He is systematic in the discharge of his duties and his knowledge of the law proves of marked benefit to him in the performance of the tasks that devolve upon him.
On the 18th of August, 1897, Mr. Augur was married to Miss Addie R.
Peck, a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Phineas E. Peck, of Woodbridge, and they
have one child, Alta M., who was born March 24, 1899, and graduated from
the New Haven high school. While maintaining his home in New Haven, Mr.
Augur also owns farm lands at Woodbridge and is much interested in agricultural
pursuits. Along professional lines he is widely and favorably known. He
belongs to the State and County Bar Associations and is secretary and treas-urer
of the New Haven County Bar Association and law library. Along strictly
social lines he has connection with the Quinnipiac and Edgewood Clubs and
he has won popularity in these organizations.
Modern History of New Haven
New York – Chicago
pgs 311 - 312
pages / text are copyrighted by
Elaine Kidd O'Leary &