Shown on 1869 map as owned by Hope Newcombe and the 1857 map as owned by Elisha Hopkins.
From the 1963 Survey Title History, "May 15, 1809 - v. 16 p. 138. Lydia, wife of Cato Williams... purchase from Jesse Spafford... with a small house thereon standing... "
Further research is necessary to determine the date and style of this house..
In 1963 the Society made a survey of old houses. The form for this house includes architectural data and a title history back to 1804.
|1963 - West side of house.||1963 - Front porch.||1963 - H. Newcombe House, Rte 44-A.
House faces north.
In 1857, William. C. Eaton and H. C. Osborn prepared a wall map of Tolland County. The map shows this house as the property of Elisha Hopkins.
|1857 District VI|
In 1869, an atlas of Tolland and Windham counties was compiled by O. W. Gray. The atlas's Mansfield map indicates this house as the property of Hope Newcombe.
|1869 District VI|
District VI House 6, H. Newcombe House (1869)
This file was created: 25 Feb 2010 by Patrick McGlamery
This file was edited: 00 Feb 2010 by