Shown on 1869 map as owned by John Oldershaw and the 1857 map as owned by William Blackman.
The house was a Garrisoned Cape style, 2 storeys. Survey annotated that the building was "burned and demolished, 1973". Further research is necessary to determine the date and style of this house..
In 1963 the Society made a survey of old houses. The form for this house includes architectural data and a title history back to 1816.
|1938 - J. Oldershaw House, Cedar Swamp Road
soon after the 1938 hurricane.
Photo by James Topich
In 1857, William. C. Eaton and H. C. Osborn prepared a wall map of Tolland County. The map shows this house as the property of William Blackman.
|1857 District VI|
In 1869, an atlas of Tolland and Windham counties was compiled by O. W. Gray. The atlas's Mansfield map indicates this house as the property of John Oldershaw.
|1869 District VI|
District VI House 8, John Oldershaw House (1869)
This file was created: 25 Feb 2010 by Patrick McGlamery
This file was edited: 00 Feb 2010 by