Weld County Cemeteries
Weld County Cemeteries
- Highland Lake Cemetery
- Located northwest of Mead, Colorado, 1.5 miles east of Boulder-Weld County Line Rd (CR1) on CR46, NW1/4 Sec 8, Twp 3N, Rg 68W. GPS reading is Latitude: N40.24755, Longitude: W105.02665. No known records.
The first burial was in 1878 and the last in 1948.
Burials are indexed in the WCMI. The tombstones were photographed in November 2009.
- Hillside Cemetery (Fort Lupton)
- Located in Fort Lupton, Colorado. From 1st St turn south on So Denver and just past the school and library turn east on CR 12. The cemetery is about 3/4 mile on the south side of the road, N1/2 Sec 8, Twp 1N, Rg 66W. GPS reading is Latitude: N40.07268 Longitude: W104.79574.
The cemetery's first record is dated 16 Apr 1881 under the name of Hillside Cemetery Association, a Colorado Corporation. It was acquired by the city of Ft Lupton on 4 May 1949 and is a public cemetery still in use. The town clerk is custodian of the records.
The burials up to June 7, 2016 are indexed in the WCMI. The tombstones were photographed in November 2009, some can be found on Find A Grave.
- Home of Peace Cemetery (Grover)
- Located 1 mile north of Grover, Colorado on CR89, Sec 28, Twp 11N, Rg 61W. GPS reading is Latitude: N40.88652, Longitude: W104.21988.
Ten acres platted 9 Feb 1938. The town clerk informed the genealogical society in 1975 the town records had been destroyed and in 2009 she said they were not in good order.
The burials and photographs are indexed in the WCMI. The tombstones were photographed in October 2009.
- Horst Cemetery (Christian)
- See Christian Cemetery.
- Hudson Cemetery (Mountain View)
- See Mountain View Cemetery.
- Johnstown Cemetery
- Located west of Johnstown, Colorado. Take Hwy 60 west out of Johnstown to CR13, approximately 1 mile, then turn north. The cemetery is on the west, Sec 1, Twp 4N, Rg 68W. GPS reading is Latitude: N40.33843, Longitude: W104.94287.
In 1901 at a UB Church meeting a committee was appointed to make a contract for purchasing land for a cemetery. The minutes of the UB Church meeting on 28 Sep 1902, show the members had purchased 7 acres and the area was to be known as the Elwell Cemetery. Later a cemetery association was formed with representatives from Johnstown, Milliken, Elwell, the sugar factory and the Johnstown Home and Garden Club. The grounds were improved and pipes installed for water from the Home Supply irrigation ditch. As the congregation grew, people felt the Town of Johnstown should sponsor and manage the cemetery. A vote was taken and the Town of Johnstown took over the cemetery on 1 Apr 1957. The name was changed to Johnstown Cemetery. The Town clerk is in charge of the records.
All the burials are indexed in the WCMI. Photographs of the tombstones have been taken by the DAR. The official cemetery website is http://www.townofjohnstown.com/index.aspx?NID=71
- Keota Cemetery
- Located approximately 1 mile north of Keota, Colorado on CR105, Sec 27, Twp 9N, Rg 60W. GPS reading is Latitude: N40.71422, Longitude: W104.06877.
This cemetery is in fair condition and is still in use. The earliest gravestone is dated 1911. There are no known records.
The burials are indexed in the WCMI. Photographs of the tombstones were taken in November 2009.