For more information on St Mary School District 4558, Walz School District 4558
Saskatchewan History |
& Folklore Society Inc.
Former site of
St Mary School District
This school was originally built in
1949 to serve the educational needs of children from St. Peter's RC parish and
later, with school centralization; children
from smaller, surrounding country schools.
Most students attending this school were
of German-Russian ancestry.
The Ursuline sisters of Prelate were
the firest educators and provided many
years of service.
Erected June 27, 1994 by
The Kerrobert S.D. No. 44
This plaque is dedicated to
former students, staff, and parents.
"Gathering, preserving, and sharing
the history and folklore of Saskatchewan."
Book Title Prairie views from Eye Hill
Published Macklin, Sask. : Macklin History Book Society, c1992
Other Author Conly, Susan Halliday
Cosine 33-36-28-W3 is a nearby Unincorporated place
Evesham 32-39-27-W3 is a nearby Unincorporated place
Eye Hill No. 382 is a nearby Rural Municipality
Hallam 26-38-28-W3 is a nearby Unincorporated place
Hayter 17-39-1-W4 Alberta Unincorporated place
Macklin 3-39-28-W3 is a nearby Town
Primate 17-38-27-W3 is a nearby Village
School maps used with permission
Note: St. Mary School 3 from 1887-1915 near St. Andrew's Colony NE 31 13 33 W1 near Wapella, is a totally different St. Mary School of Saskatchewan in a different era, so the name was freed up for St. Mary School District 4558 near Cactus Lake.