LEWIS LAKE School District # 3400
SE Sec 36 Tsp 40 Rge 19 W of the 2 Meridian
Longfield, Glen Kelly, Naicam region of Saskatchewan
LEWIS LAKE School District #3400 History, Teacher and Pupil Listing
The district was named Lewis Lake from a lake situated on the N.W. 1/4 of 20, 40, 18, 2 and partly on S.W. 1/4 of 29, 40, 18, 2 which is land presently owned by Alex Neish. The school was to have been built on this land, but a greater percentage of children lived to the northwest, so it was built on the S.E. 1/4 of Sec. 36, 40, 19, 2, which is land now owned by Reigh Long.
The first Lewis Lake schoolhouse was built in 1914—1915 with school opening in 1916. The first teacher was Mrs. Anna Loyns. Subsequent teachers were:
At the annual meeting in February of 1950, it was decided to build a new school. This was done during the summer of 1950. The old school was purchased by Lester Weseen and was renovated into a house which is presently situated on the Burton Gilbertson farm. School continued until about the end of the 1962 term. A bus route was then started up to take the children to the Naicam schools. The first bus driver was Launce Hawkins.
| In 1970,
the school was sold to Harold Sandsbraaten and he moved it onto his
farm and renovated it into a house in which he and his family now
Lewis Lake School, continued.
List of students, in alphabetical order, who attended Lewis Lake
School at some time or another between 1916 and 1962:
Thank you for stopping by # [an error occurred while processing this directive]
Web Page title: Lewis Lake School District.html
URL: /~cansk/school/LewisLake3400/Lewis Lake School District.html
Copyright © Web Publish Date: Thu Sep 13 2018 All Rights Reserved
Saskatchewan One Room School House Project
Saskatoon Gen Web Region
E-mail Webmaster ... Important Notice - Submitter
1. From: Gordon Neish
To:Julia Adamson ORSH webmasterSubject: Lewis LAKE 3400 one room schoolhouse, Saskatchewan