Buffalo Horn School District
NW Qtr, Sec 23, Twp 6, Rng 12, W3
Buffalo Horn District was located along a line approximately
halfway between the present-day towns of Ponteix and Val Marie, Saskatchewan.
Buffalo Horn school c1915. Photo by Mary Belle Isaacs.|
According to Myrtle (Childerhose) Moorhouse, the Buffalo
Horn school was founded on a 2-acre site on the George Barager homestead
(NW Qtr, Sec 23, Twp 6, Rng 12, W3; probably around 1910-1915)
The following is from M.E. Dixon’s books “Prairie Trails Along the Pinto”
and “Dusty Roads Along the Pinto”.
The Buffalo Horn School District #930 was founded in 1912 and the last record of proceedings were in the year 1944. Later the building was sold to Norman Ellis and moved to the Reliance District. The first meetings to organize the Buffalo Horn School District occurred at the Pleas Isaacs residence (Sec 35, Twp 6, Rng 12, 3W) on 2 March 1912 and 18 May 1912. The first school board to be voted in were George Barager, Pleas Isaacs, and Jim Green. A loan of $1400 was necessary for the construction and furnishings for the school. It’s dimensions were 20x26 feet with a 10-ft high ceiling. Early teachers included Douglas McCall (1913), , Laura Isaacs (1914), Flossie Miller (1915), Sara Pippy (1918), and Myrtle Isaacs (1919). A list of students enrolled in 1914 included Marjorie and Helen Condie; Walter, Robert, Maud, Myrtle, Cuba, Grace, and Jack Isaacs; Olive, Myrtle, and Janie Childerhose; and Arthur, Elsie, and Beatrice Cooper.Byron Spoon
Los Angeles, California
Thank you for stopping by # [an error occurred while processing this directive]
Web Page title: Buffalo_Horn_School.html
Copyright © Web Publish Date: Thu Sep 13 2018 All Rights Reserved
E-mail Webmaster ... Important Notice - Submitter
1. From: Byron Spoon Los Angeles, California
To: Julia Adamson"
Subject: Addition to One Room School Project
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005