- Book, Trails and Crossroads to Killarney.
It was published by the Killarney and District Historical
Committee in 1967, to commemorate Canada's centennial. It contains
information about most of the pioneer families that settled the area in
the late 1800's.
- Book, Pioneers Perserverance & Progress which
is the family history of Cypress River, Manitoba from
1885-1995. Some of the history of the Youngs in the
book I have been also getting down in my web page and have the site located
- Book, History of the R.M. of Dufferin in Manitoba
1880-1980. It is over 800 pages of the early history and many
profiles of the families with lots of family pictures.
- Book, Deloraine Scans a Century
- A History of Deloraine and District, 1880-1890. It has lots
of family history information as well as many pictures.
Descottes (nee Fouillard)
- Centennial History Book, RM
- Centennial History Book, RM of Riverside
- Genealogical Registry and Database of Mennonite Ancestry
named GRANDMA. Vol. 2. produced by the Mennonite Historical Society in
Fresno, California USA. It contains a genealogical database of Low-German
Mennonite ancestry with 267,00 persons whose ancestral lines can
be traced to Mennonite communities in Poland, Russia and Canada. First and last names
are essential and general birth data such as year are needed for a look-up. I can offer the research information available on a disk.
The Swan River Valley
- Commemorating 65 years of Progress, which details memories and pictures of
pioneers in the Swan River Valley area (1898 - 1963).
- I have two heritage books on the towns of Grahamdale,
Faulkner, Steep Rock, Hilbre, Fairford, St. Martin and Gypsumville.
Also school districts: Carnridge, Wooddale, Aston Villa. This area covers the Northern Interlake, also includes some of Moosehorn, and Newhome
Book, In Rhythm with Our Roots
for the Manitou, MB area. This book is very well written.
It has a lot of information on the founding families of Manitou and of
the village itself.
- I have the following: Cemetery records published by the Manitoba
Genealogical Society for - St Johns, Kildonan, St Pauls Middlechurch, Little Britain, St Andrews, St
Clements, Cloverdale, Clandeboye, Wakefield, St Peters Dynevor, and Norway House; Gail Morin's
books Metis Families, A Genealogical Compendium and Manitoba Scrip; Sprague & Fryes
Genealogy of the First Metis Nation; centennial books - Beyond the Gates of Lower Fort Garry,
R.M. of St Clements, Yesteryears, Rural Municipality of Woodlands, Golden Memories, Palestine,
Steele Bridge, Woodside and Golden Stream; Mikley, the Magnificent Island, Treasure of Memories,
Hecla Island 1876-1976; The Selkirk Settlers of Red River and Their Descendants 1812-1997 by the
Lord Selkirk Association; plus many, many more books associated with the HBC, NWC and Red River
Settlement. I concentrate on Metis genealogy prior to 1900 and have a data base with about 42,000
individuals. I will be happy to assist where I can.
- Gail Morin's Metis Families, A Genealogical Compendium 2001 edition, books plus CD
- Access to the Winnipeg papers on microfilm from 1879 to present
- 'Tween Meadow & Meridian (Warren/Meadow Lea/Woodlands area)
- Yesteryears (Warren/Meadow Lea/Woodlands area)
- Book, The Path of the
Pioneers Belmont and District (printed 1989).
- Copy of Living
Gold, a history of the R.M. of Roland published
- The Genealogy of the First Metis Nation by
D.N. Sprague and R.P. Frye (Pemmican Publications, 1993).
Contains genealogical information
about the Red River Metis compiled from census records and
parish registers (1818-1870).
- Copy of Down Through the Ages which provides
a family history of the Down family in MB from their initial
move west to the Glenboro area Ca. 1870 to approximately
1985. Other prominent surnames in this volume include: Dunsmore, Young,
Tebb, Thomas, Williams.
- Book, Footsteps Through the Years
for the townships Ossowa, Reaburn, Marquette,
Lea, Poplar Heights.
- Book, TRAILS
ALONG THE PIPESTONE, printed 1981, and features the Rural
Municipality of Pipestone...... (includes Sinclair,
and a lot of other little places just south west of Virden.
It has land records, as well as the Poineers of the area and their stories.
- Book, Niverville: A History 1878-1986
- Copy of a local Manitoba history - Reinland: An Experience
- A History of Winkler 1892-1973
- Reinland-An Experience in Community
- Copy of Newdale: 1870-1970, (Newdale
Historical Society, 1970)
of the Century, A history of the Hamiota Municipality and surrounding
areas. 1884-1984 Vol 1 and Vol 2 which was published in 1996.
- History of Hamiota village and Municality
1879 -1956, not indexed but has many individual histories
(as do the others).
- Decker Memoirs, includes the districts of Orrwold
and Lavinia 1880-1970
- History of Blanshard Municipality including the towns of Oak River
and Cardale (1884-1984) (Vol 3)
- Chronicles of Crandall and surrounding districts, published 1971
- Bridging the years Vol 1 - 1879 -1967 and Vol 3 1976 - 1994
- the history of the Miniota Municipality, includes
- Rural Reflections Vol 1 1879 - 1962 Vol 2 1879 - 1982,
a history of the Isabella community
- Living Gold
- a history of the Rural Municipality of Roland 1876 -1976
- Women of the Red River, interesting articles on many of the
pioneer women of Winnipeg.
- Kelwood: Bridges the Years, 1890-1967
- Heritage: Neepawa, Land of Plenty, 1883-1983
- First Century of Langford, 1891-1991 (Land-ownership appendix)
- The Ties That Bind,
a book written on the early history and settlers of Ethelbert and districts in Manitoba
- Hardships to Happiness,
about the early days and residents of Pine River and district in Manitoba
- Copy of The Story of Stony Mountain and District,
by Edward R.R. Mills, published around 1960, about the families that inhabited
Mountain from the first settler until WWII.
- Copy of Piney Valley Echoes:
A History of Badger, Menisino and Piney published June 1988, assisted in writing.
First Century - Town of Melita and Municipality of Arthur
Wanderings 1883-1983. It gives the highlights of Whitehead
R.M. including places such as Alexander
- Book, Rossendale Through the Years, published
1982. This book contains the history of many Rossendale families.
- Furrows in the Valley, the
history of the R.M. of Morris l880 to l980 (published l980). Incidently,
the settlement of Morris was originally called "Scratching River" and is
referred to as that in old documents (pre l883). This book includes the school districts of Albright, armour, bourret,
Broadview, Cannot, Carleton, Clover Plaints, DeWet, Flowery Bank,
Greenbank, Heabert, Kane, Kronsweide, Lea Vank, Lowe Farm, Lone Star,
Louisa, McTavish, Malloy, Neighbourhood, Neufeld, Pleasant Valley,
Provencher, Queen Centre, rosefarm, Rosenhoff, Rosenort, Silver Plains,
Sperling, St. Martins, St. Peters, Steinfeld, Tremont, Union Point,
Waddell, Whitehaven, Willow Heights.
- Memories of Lorne 1880-1980, this book contains the history of the municipality of Lorne, MB, as well
as many family histories
- And They Built An Altar 1983, this book contains the history and heritage of the Brokenhead Lutheran
Community, as well as many family histories
- Holland, Manitoba 1877-1967, this book contains the history of Holland, MB, as well as many family
- Rural Municipality of Victoria Past & President, (1st printing 2002).
This publication contains history of Holland & Cypress River, MB, as well as some family
- Rural Reflections: History of Isabella & Blaris, Vol 2,
1879-1982, published by the Isabella History Committe in 1982, _Rural Reflections_ is
volume two in a pair of books on the history of the towns of Isabella and
Blaris, MB, spanning the years between 1879 and 1982 and includes
on the town, its history and its early inhabitants.