Books We Own - User E-Mail Request
Books We Own - User E-Mail Request
Rootsweb no longer supports the scripts that underlie web-based email forms. The information below will help you connect with the lookup volunteer.
- To contact the volunteer, click on the link to the email address listed to start a new message in your email software. If clicking on the link does not work for your browser, then press the CONTROL key as you click on the link to copy the email address. This will allow you to paste the address in your email software.
- Please use "BWO Lookup Request" in the SUBJECT line.
- Please use the following template to compose your email request:
Title of Resource to be checked:
FULL Names (First AND Last) or Placenames to be searched (maximum of 3 names)
Other information helpful to the search
- A list of the volunteer's resources is included below the contact information. Please limit requests to ONE resource per message - simply copy and paste the title of the resource into your message.
- Please limit the number of names (first and last) you want looked up by any one owner. The default is 3 names per request, but please note and follow any special instructions from the resource owner.
- Please provide as much information in your message as possible to assist in the search. Missing or unclear information may well result in you receiving no answer to your request.
- If your email service has a "whitelist" [where you accept emails only from those on an approved list] please add the lookup volunteer's email address to that whitelist - otherwise, they will not be able to respond to your request in a timely manner.
- Finally, please be sure to thank your lookup volunteer, whether or not they were able to locate your information. They are performing a valuable service - it is always nice to know their time and effort are appreciated.
SS10 [ME] [MI] [Fitzgerald]
Please indicate NAME (first and last), and, if known, TOWN and DATE of the marriage you're looking for.
When requesting a look-up, please let me know WHICH surname you are seeking information on and I will look them up and tell you the first names of the individuals associated with those surnames. (Please limit your requests to reasonable lengths!) If any of the names found are your relatives or people you would like more information on, I will transcribe the biographical sketches of the individuals (usually 2-4 pages each) for free and e-mail them to you. Unfortunately, I have had to rescind my previous offer to also make
photocopies of the pages and mail them due to the stress this has created
on the book itself. This book is nearly 100 years old and cannot withstand continuous photocopying and the repeated bending back of its spine associated with making copies. I have already received numerous requests, and unfortunately I cannot continue to place those requests on the antiquated condition of this resource. I can send a copy of the cover of the book itself, as well as the title page of the book, the publisher's note which substantiates the accuracy of the information contained, and a copy of the index which lists all individuals in the book and snail-mail them to researchers for a small fee to cover photocopying costs and postage; these copies already exist so will therefore cause no additional undue stress to the book.
RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR LOOKUP:
- Biographical Memoirs of St. Clair County, Michigan
- Marriage Returns of Lincoln County, Maine to 1866
- Six Fitzgerald Brothers, Lake Captains All
INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR EMAIL:
- Title of Resource to be checked (limit to 1 resource)
- FULL Names (First AND Last) or Placenames to be searched (maximum of 3 names)
- Other information helpful to the search