Arkansas Cemeteries

 

Monument at Courthouse
Fulton County, Arkansas
Submitted April 18, 2003, by Gene Simpson

 

Dedicated on May 29, 1990
Fulton County Historical Society

These people are buried in a yard not far from the courthouse. The owner of the land brought the monument to the courthouse,

where it remained in the basement for many years. In 1990, the Historical Society refurbished the stone and put it on the Fulton County courthouse lawn.

(Click Here if Photo does not appear)


In 1842, Wm. P. Morris donated land for courthouse and town of Salem for the county seat of Fulton County.

Juliet Mandeville "Mandy" McJunkin Loyed was a step-daughter to William and a daughter to this second wife,

Catherine Elizabeth "Betsy" Kerr McJunkin Morris. Mandy married Jim Loyed ca 1839.

Joe Morris is a son of William P. Morris. There are descendants still living in Fulton County.
*Information provided by Vernon Williams, a descendant of Mandy Loyed.*


William P. Morris, Died Dec 09, 1851
Joe Morris (Son of William P. Morris)
Mandy Loyed, Died March 12, 1852

 

|Fulton County Page|  |Home|

 

This site may be freely linked, but not duplicated
in any way without consent.

2000-04 by Arkansas-Cemeteries Mailing List Homepage

The copyright (s) on this page must appear on all
copied and/or printed material.

All rights reserved! Commercial use of material within this site is prohibited!