|Antigo, Wisconsin Genealogy Gopher|
|City of Antigo and Langlade County, Wisconsin Genealogical Research Sources|
|Home > Historical Places, Pictures & People > Historic Hotels|
|Also Known As||Location|
|City of Antigo|
|Niels Anderson's House||1879|
|4th Ave. & Superior St.|
Market Square Hotel
|NW corner 4th Ave. & Superior St.
330 Superior St. (Old street numbering system.)
|Twin Valley Hotel||1880|
|SE corner 5th Ave. & Superior St.|
|Warren Hotel||1881||SE corner 6th Ave. & Morse St.
Present site of Antigo Hotel.
|West of the NW corner of 5th Ave. & Edison St.
Approx. 908 5th Ave.
106 E. 5th Ave. (Old street numbering system.)
|Spencer Hotel||1882||Hoo Hoo Hotel|
|NE corner 5th Ave. & Edison St.
200-204 E. 5th Ave. (Old street numbering system.)
|Antigo House||1883||902 5th. Ave.|
|Lake Shore Hotel||1884||Hoffman House||1015 5th Ave.
115 W. 5th Ave. (Old street numbering system.)
|520 Superior St.|
|NE corner of 5th Ave. & Lincoln St.|
|Langlade House||?||Northern Hotel||South side 600 block 5th Ave.
439 E. 5th Ave. (Old street numbering system.)
|American House||?||On 5th Ave.|
|Friend Hotel||1899||Butterfield Hotel|
|516 Clermont St.|
|Bacon House||?||West side of Edison St. between 5th and 6th Aves.
534 Edison St. (Old street numbering system.)
|Backbone Hotel||1912||Antigo Hotel||933 6th Ave.|
|Stopping Places||The first stopping places (1860-1855) in eastern Langlade County alone the Lake Superior Trail and Military Road.|
|All Right Hotel||Phlox. Owned by Joe Matterson in 1931|
|Antigo Court Cabins||Highway 45 South about 3 miles south of Antigo.|
|Deerbrook Hotel||Deerbrook. Operating in 1923.|
|Ehlinger Hotel||Nov. 1921||Ehlinger. George Burger of Suring erected the hotel and ran a supply store at the hotel.|
|Elcho House||1886||Elcho. Erected by N.F. Weaver. It burned in 1919.
La Fayette Waver, Harry Stewart, Frank McCormick, and the Frost Veneer Seating Co., all conducted boarding houses in the village primarily to serve the transient laborer.
|Elton Hotel||1920's?||Elton. Michael J. Binder, Prop.|
|Kempster Hotel||Kempster. Theodore Lenzner and Charles Tuma conducted the first hotel on the west side of the main track. In 1908 the hotel suffered a loss by fire. The building then became the Kempster Grange No. 650, and it was moved from its original site. In 1919 a hotel was operating on the west side of Highway No. 39 south of the school.|
|Kent Hotel||Circa 1900||Lewis Grant proprietor|
|Langlade Hotel||Before 1922||.||Located in the Clover Dale School District of Ainsworth. Owned by William Zerrener.|
|Pearson Hotel||In Pearson School District. Sec 9, T33N, R12E. Operated by Albert Nixon.|
|Summit Lake Hotel||1881||Summit Lake. Started in 1881 by W.J. Empey who came from Elmhurst. In 1910 a George Bremer hotel was destroyed by fire. In 1911 another fire destroyed another hotel whose name is not recorded by Dessureau. In 1922 there was a Stedner Snowden Hotel.
(ADJ 1/2/2010, p.3) Palace of Mirrors Hotel closes. Owned by George and Sylvia Cross when closed. Was downtown business for more than 90 years. Located across the highway and a bit to the north of former location of C&NW railroad depot.
|White Lake Hotel||1917-18||White Lake. Erected in the winter of 1917-18 and managed by Mrs. Paul Leitl. Yawkey-Bissell Lumber Co. also had a boarding house for its employees and managed by R. Pagel.|
|White Owl Cabins||Intersection Highway 45 & 47.|
|Wolf River Lodge||White Lake|
Web Site TOC
E-mail the Webmaster
All Rights Reserved.