|THE CROOK COUNTY MERCANTILE COMPANY.|
Under the name of The Crook County Mercantile Company is
conducted.one of the most important commercial enterprises of that
section of the state. This company deals in general merchandise,
conducting business at Moorcroft, and its prominence is widely
acknowledged throughout northern Wyoming. It is the outgrowth of a
mercantile business which was established in Hulett, Wyoming, in
1911, by C. D. and R. W. Garman, brothers, and a brother-in-law, C.
P. Miller. They established and conducted a general store there under
the firm name of Garman Brothers & Miller, and from the beginning
the new enterprise prospered. After a time Mr. Miller was killed in
an automobile accident, and in 1913 .the business was reorganized and
incorporated under the name of the Crook County Mercantile Company
and a branch store was established at Moor-croft. The newly
incorporated organization numbered six members: the two brothers, C.
D. and R. W. Garman; their sister, Mrs. Bertha A. Miller, and three
In May, 1916, this corporate body was dissolved, the two brothers and sister acquiring the Moorcroft store and the rights to the firm name of The Crook County Mercantile Company, while the other three members of the company took over the Hulett store and adopted the firm name of the Hulett Mercantile Company.
C. D. Garman, the manager of The Crook County Mercantile Company, is one of the wide-awake, alert and energetic business men of northern Wyoming and not only wisely, successfully and energetically promotes the interests of the business but has done much for the rapid growth and development of this section of the state, recognizing its wonderful resources and anxious to further in every way its substantial upbuilding.