|C. S. ROBERTSON.|
The rapid development of western towns is a marvel to
the eastern man, who is inclined to move along slower and more
conservative lines; but western progress is based upon a recognition
of the resources of the country, and while at times there have been
boom projects, the west on the whole has been upbuilt along the lines
of permanent growth and good. Active among the substantial citizens
of Bighorn county is C. S. Robertson, who is a well known stock man
and is proprietor of the City Meat Market of Lovell.
He was born at Spanish Fork, Utah, on the 21st of October, 1880, and is a son of John W. and Lucy (Snell) Robertson, who removed from Utah to Bighorn county, Wyoming, in 1900. Here the father engaged in ranching and in the live stock business and he acquired extensive tracts of irrigated land, but in recent years he has sold off his entire holdings save two hundred and forty acres. In the spring of 1917 he removed to Lovell and engaged in the implement business, with which he is now identified. He sold his cattle in the fall of 1916 and is now concentrating his attention upon sheep raising in connection with his commercial interests, and both branches of his business are proving sources of substantial profit.
C. S. Robertson was a pupil in the high school at Spanish Fork, where he was graduated with the class of 1898. Following his removal to Wyoming with his father in 1900 he spent three summer terms as a student in the Wyoming State University at Laramie and during the winter months engaged in teaching school. He was identified with educational work in Wyoming for ten years or from 1906 until 1916, during which period, in 1912, he also established himself in the cattle business, in which he has since been engaged and has become well known as one of the leading cattle men of the Big Horn country. On the 28th of June, 1916, he opened the City Meat Market in Lovell and this furnishes him a ready market in which to dispose of the products of his ranch. He is a man of keen business discernment and his sagacity and enterprise have found justification in the success that has attended the new undertaking.
In 1907 Mr. Robertson was united in marriage to Miss Florence Burnham, of Lovell, and to them have been born two children, a daughter and a son, Roma and C. Marlow. Mr. Robertson is a member of the Mormon church and since April, 1917, has been bishop of Lovell. He also belongs to the Lovell Commercial Club and is a cooperant factor in all plans and movements for the upbuilding of his city. He ranks with the representative men of this section of the state, being alert, energetic and determined, and his activities have brought good results.