From "The History of Racine and Kenosha Counties" (Chicago: 1879), p. 557:
In Township 2, Range 22 east, with a population of nearly an hundred, and supplied
with schools, a Methodist Church at Kellogg's Corners, another on Section 15,
erected in 1863, and a Presbyterian Church at Leet's Corners, built in 1847.
The township also supports two Granges of the Patrons of Husbandry, and is one
of the most thrifty in Kenosha County.
From "The City of Kenosha and Kenosha County Wisconsin" by Frank H. Lyman, 1916, p. 320
This town commenced its settlement in the spring of 1835, chiefly at a point
designated at the head of Pike Grove and by the following individuals: B. Flech, H.
Longwell, Z. Montgomery, Griffin and William Allen; the two last named sold their
claims and were succeeded the following year by Charles Leet and William Smith. In
the southeast part of town Cephus Weed started a farm and upon Pike River Thomas
Parsons built a sawmill, all in the year 1835.
The first school in the town was kept in the winter of 1836 on the farm of hugh
Longwell, and was taught by Miss Brizee, afterward the wife of Doctor Munson.