South King County Genealogical Society

Welcome

Serving the communties of Algona, Auburn, Black Diamond, Burien, Covington, Des Moines, Emumclaw, Federal Way, Kent, Maple Vally, Normandy Park, Pacific, Ravensdale, Renton, Sea Tac, and Tulwila in south King County

Our general meeting are held at Wesley Lea Hill, 32049 109th Pl SE, Auburn, WA 98092, 2nd floor Assembly Room. We meet on the third Saturday of the month except July, August & December, 9:30 AM social time prior to the program at 10 AM. A business meeting will follow the program. (Map).


Due to "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" emergency order our meetings will meet virtually.

Coming up in June....

Monday, June 8, 2020
Genetic Genealogy / DNA Special Interest Group
1:00pm - 3:00pm
 X, Y and Mitochondrial DNA
If you have not yet joined our online group https://skcgs.groups.io/g/Genetic-Genealogy please do so to ensure getting the calendar invitation/reminder of the online meeting. Remember to acknowledge your email to complete the membership.

Saturday, June 20, 2020
General Meeting
10:00am - 12:00pm
 Family Search: The Other 70%
Presented by: Jill Morrelli
You put the given & surname into the fields provided & perhaps add a year & place of birth & click the search button.  You are reaching less than 30% of the online images that are on FamilySearch.  Time to access the other 70%!  It’s a little tougher, but knowing a few tricks makes the discovery all that more rewarding. This is even more important when the Family History Library and the affiliates are closed.  Let's find those digitized documents that are not indexed--it's easier than you think.

All members and former members will be invited to the online Google Meet from the calendar; if you want more reminders please join the online group https://skcgs.groups.io. Remember to acknowledge your email to complete the membership.

Monday, June 22, 2020
Technology User Group (TUG)
1:00pm - 3:00pm
TBD
If you want to be invited to the online Google Meet, ensure that you have joined our online group
https://skcgs.groups.io/g/TUG. Remember to acknowledge your email to complete the membership.

South King County Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 582, Auburn, WA 98071-0582
All material on this site is protected by copyright.
Copyright © 1999-2020 by the South King County Genealogical Society
Send comments, suggestions or updates to: SKCGS Webmaster
This page was last modified: 26-May-2020