Adventures in Genealogy: Site of the Month Award April 2000
The Site that leapt out of my research this month and chased me
around the computer is the Tidewater Genealogical Society WebPage.
This site is not only pleasing to the eye but it contains a boatload of helpful
links. (A Boatload is a specific measurement, more than a lot but less
than the number of in-laws I got named Buford) This site also contains a
link that I personally wish was on ever Gen Society web page. This Link
tells you how to join the society and its dues.
Ok, enough babbling on my part, Lets separate the peppers from the wannabes,
time to ask those seven key questions.
1) What kind of site is it? It's a Genealogical Society Page. It
brings together real good links for anyone with ancestors from the Tidewater
area of Virginia.
2) Is the Page Current? Yes, I checked the site several times in the last
month or so and it is consistently updated.
3) Does the Page Offer a wide selection? Yes, it offers links for
counties, cities, military info, Gedcoms as well as a "How-To"
section. Personally I consider the How-To info a valuable asset, you never
know when you have overlooked a good method or tool for your research.
4) Does it have an easily understood format? Yes, pretty straight forward
5) How Fast does it load? I was amazed at its speed in loading,
considering the graphics on it. It was faster than Cousin Tyrell snatching
that last french fry.
6) What sets this site apart from all the others? Organization, basic
beauty and a wealth of information.
7) Is the site pure genealogy? Yes, sorta. It does contain a
"Books For Sale" section but they are genealogical books.
Overall I think this site is superb and would strongly recommend it. In
Closing I would like to invite everyone to submit pages they would like to see
considered for this award at
Please drop by the Tidewater Genealogical Society page and check it out.