Southern New England


Home ] Up ] Miscellany ] Obituaries ] Photo Album ] Records ] Site Map & Index ]


Descendants of Roderick Magill

First Generation
1. Roderick Magill was born in Derryhirk, Antrim, N. Ireland. He died in N. Ireland. He was buried in N. Ireland.  

Roderick was a farmer. Roderick is another name for Rodger. He was alive when his son Bernard was married on 1 Aug 1866; see: Mormon microfilm #0101496, item 36. He would have attended St Patrick's Church in the townland of Aghagallon, County Antrim, N Ireland . St Patrick's was in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Down and Connor. I estimate that he was born around 1810. That estimate is based on his son Bernard's marriage at age twenty-two in 1866. He was alive in 1866.

Roderick had the following children:
  2 F i. Rose Magill was born in 1831 in Antrim, N. Ireland. She died in Armagh, N. Ireland. She was buried in Armagh, N. Ireland. 

Source:Census Of Ireland,1901;county, Armagh; Poor Law Union, Lurgan; townland, Kinnego; parish, Seago. Mormon microfilm #0812092. She raised Mary Ellen Murray. She is buried in the Maher McGarr Graveyard. Peter Murray was a nephew, but I do not know who his parents were. Rose had no children. Rose married Hilles in , N Ireland. Hilles was born in , N Ireland. He died in , N Ireland. He was buried in , N Ireland. He was of the Protestant faith. 

+ 3 M ii. Bernard Magill Sr was born in 1844. 

Second Generation
3. Bernard Magill Sr (Roderick) was born in 1844 in Derryhirk, Antrim, N. Ireland. He died in N. Ireland. He was buried in N. Ireland. 

Bernard was a weaver. Cornelius Magee P.V. officiated at his wedding. See: Mormon microfilm #0101496, item 36, for marriage. Ellen was also a weaver. Witnesses at their wedding were Joseph Lavery and Margaret Lavery. Derrynaseer (Ellen's townland) and Derryhirk (Bernard's townland) converge and people of both areas would have been parishoners of St Patrick's Church, Aghagallan, County Antrim. In gaelic, Doire Na Ssor (Derrynaseer) means "The Grove Of The Free People." Doire means Oak --the tree worshiped by our pagan ancestors; consequently the possible ease of accepting the Wood of the Cross in Christianity. St Patrick's was and still is in the Diocese of Down and Connor. See Mormon microfilm #0926089 for baptism of children James and Catherine.

Bernard married Ellen Lavery daughter of William Lavery on 5 Aug 1866 in St Patrick Chrch, Aghagallan, Antrim, N. Ireland. Ellen was born in 1836 in Derrynaseer, Antrim, N. Ireland. She died in N. Ireland. She was buried in N. Ireland. 

See Mormon microfilm #0101496, item 36, for civil record of Ellen's marriage. Ellen was a weaver. Witnesses at her wedding were Joseph Lavery and Margaret Lavery. 

Bernard and Ellen had the following children:
+ 4 M i. Bernard Magill Jr 
+ 5 F ii. Catherine Magill was born in Dec 1866. 
+ 6 M iii. James Magill was born on 17 Sep 1869. He died in 1955. 
   7 M iv. Roger Magill was born in N Ireland. He died in N. Ireland. He was buried in N. Ireland. Roger never married.
+ 8 F v. Mary Magill was born in 1880. 

Third Generation
4. Bernard Magill Jr (Bernard, Roderick) was born in N. Ireland. He died in N. Ireland. He was buried in N. Ireland. 

Bernard married. He had a daughter who married a fellow with the surname McGinn. Her son is Father McGinn a priest in Ireland.

Bernard married Agnes Lavery in Northern Ireland. Agnes was born in N. Ireland. She died in N. Ireland. She was buried in N. Ireland. 

They had the following children:
    9 M i. Gerald Magill was born in N. Ireland. Gerald married Ann Murray. Ann was born in Northern Ireland. 
+ 10 F ii. daughter Magill .

5. Catherine Magill (Bernard, Roderick) was born in Dec 1866 in Droughall, Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland. She was christened on 16 Dec 1866 in Droughall, Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland. She died in N. Ireland. She was buried in N. Ireland. 

Source: Registry for Parish of Shankill {Lurgan},Diocese of Dromore in Co Armagh, Mormon microfilm #0926089. Her Baptism sponsors were W. Gallagher & Catherine McManus.

Catherine married Hugh Campbell Sr in Northern Island. Hugh was born in N. Ireland. He died in N. Ireland. He was buried in N. Ireland. 

They had the following children:
11 M i. Hugh Campbell Jr was born in Northern Ireland. He died in Northern Ireland. He was buried in Northern Ireland. 
Hugh emigrated to Canada.
12 M ii. William John Campbell was born in N. Ireland. He died in N. Ireland. He was buried in N. Ireland. 
13 M iii. Michael Campbell was born in N. Ireland. He died in N. Ireland. He was buried in N. Ireland. 
14 M iv. Joseph Campbell was born in N. Ireland. He died in N. Ireland. He was buried in N. Ireland. 

6. James Magill (Bernard, Roderick) was born on 17 Sep 1869 in Auadraghal, Shankill, Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland. He was christened on 18 Sep 1869 in Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland. He died in 1955 in Milltown, Down, N. Ireland. He was buried in N. Ireland. 

Birth Source: See Mormon microfilm #0101190 for 17 Sep 1969; Registry of Births and Deaths in the District of Lurgan, in the Union of Lurgan, in the Counties of Armagh and Down. James is # 653 in the Registrar's Book of Births. Rose Magill of the same address was the informant of the birth. 
Baptism Source: See Registry for Parish of Shankill {Lurgan}, Catholic Diocese of Dromore in Co Armagh for baptism, Mormon microfilm #0926089.
Source: See Census of Ireland, 1901; parish, Shankill; barony, ONeilland East; townland, Killaghy; district electoral division, Cornakinnegar; poor law union, Lurgan; county, Armagh, Mormon microfilm #0812096 for James as head of household on census record.
"He owned a small farm in Killaghy, Armagh in 1901. Cows, goats and pigs were raised for sale at a local livestock market. A horse and donkey were also kept for use on the farm. Mangel, a variety of large beet, was grown as feed for the cattle. Turnip and cabbage were also grown but these crops were for human consumption.
"The main mode of travel was the bicycle. Women preferred not to ride on the donkey carts. Although a stream ran through the farm, a spring pump five minutes up the road was used for drinking water," Mary Ellen MaGill Ortelt. 
See also Mormon microfilms: #0101046, Index of Births, Ireland, 1869; #0101190, Births VOL 11, Ireland, 1869; #0101496, Marriage Records VOL 11, Ireland, 1866.
See family also on Mormon microfilm #1999999, the 1911 Census of Ireland. It is Census of Ireland, 1911; townland, Tullydagon; barony, Oneiland East; parish, Shankhill; district electoral division, Cornakinnegar; poor law union, Lurgan; county, Armagh.

James married (1) Sarah Finnegan daughter of James Finnegan in N. Ireland. Sarah was born in 1873 in Uppertown, Armagh, N. Ireland. She died on 23 Jul 1913 in Tullydagon, Armagh, N. Ireland. She was buried in Aughagallon, Antrim, N. Ireland. 

" The mother of Joseph Lavery (Sally) and Sarah Finnigan's mother (?) were sisters. Sarah had to live with her sister Lina because her mother had tuberculosis. 
"She was a textile mill worker before and after marriage. A mother of nine children she was a linen folder at Buntings Factory. At times she and her children would fold handkerchiefs at home for a local factory. Sarah's uncle, Jim Finnigan, would help care for her children while she worked.
"At Christmas in 1912 Sarah fell and damaged her spine. As a result of the fall, Sarah died on Wednesday, 23 Jul 1913. At the time of her fall Sarah was pregnant with daughter Cathleen. Sarah's six month old daughter Cathleen died one month after Sarah died.
"The house and land in Milltown were my mothers. They were left to her by her aunt Sally Lavery. Sally died years before my mother. In Sep 1920, my father and all of the family moved into it. We lived there until all of my brothers passed away. It was then sold. My father and brothers lived in that house until 1972. All of the McAreaveys were born in that house. Frank (McGill) left the Tulladagon house to come to the US. No one ever died in that house. It was a lucky house, the Milltown house.
"My mother had one sister Lena who died in 1929. She had her own little house. She took care of Joe Lavery after all of the Laverys went to America," Mary Ellen Ortelt, nee Magill. NOTE- I cannot identify Sarah's parents with certainty. FM, 25 May 1999

James and Sarah had the following children:
15 F i. Mary Ellen Magill was born on 8 Mar 1898 in Killaghy, Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland. She was christened in 1899 in St Peter Ch, Lurgan, Armagh. She died on 1 May 2002 in East Providence, RI. She was buried on 4 May 2002 in Mt St Mary Cem, Pawtucket, RI. 

Maryellen's godparent was Kate from mother's side of family. She attended the one room Halftown School in Tullydagan. Joseph ONiel was her teacher. She attended St Peters Church where she, her siblings and relatives were christened. She worked with her sister Theresa at Johnson's Factory in the manufacture of linen handkerchiefs. Her brother Frank requested that she and her sister Theresa come to the US. They traveled from Belfast to liverpool, sailed on the liner Caledonia and arrived in New York on 22 Nov 1930. Theresa later returned to Ireland. Their destination was their brother Frank's home at 255 Glenwood Avenue, Pawtucket, RI. She worked in Providence, RI as a domestic for many years before she was wed.
On 25 May 1999 she is over 101 years of age and is still living by herself in her own home at 209 Summit Street in East Providence, RI.
Sources: Mormon microfilms #0812096, 1901, Killaghy, Armagh, N Ireland census and #1999999, Tullydagon, Armagh, N Ireland census.

Mary married Carl Ortelt III on 25 Apr 1945 in Attleboro, Massachusetts. Carl was born on 5 Nov 1906 in Berlin, NH. He died on 28 Jan 1991 in East Providence, RI. 
16 M ii. William John Magill was born in Oct 1900 in Killaghy, Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland. He was christened in 1901 in St Peter Ch, Lurgan, Armagh. He died in 1978 in Milltown, Down, N. Ireland. He was buried in N. Ireland. 

Sources: See Mormon Microfilms numbers 0812096 and 1999999 for 1901 and 1911 censuses of Killaghy and Tullydagon, County Armagh, N Ireland.

+ 17 M iii. Francis Joseph McGill Sr was born on 1 Sep 1902. He died on 15 Feb 1971.
+ 18 F iv. Teresa Magill was born in 1905. She died on 4 Aug 1998. 
   19 M v. James Magill was born in 1907 in Killaghy, Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland. He was christened in 1907 in St Peter Ch, Lurgan, Armagh. He died on 15 Oct 1968 in Milltown, Down, N. Ireland. He was buried in N. Ireland. 

Source: Mormon microfilm County Armagh, N Ireland census records for Killaghy, 1901, #0812096 and Tullydagon, 1911, #1999999

+ 20 F vi. Sarah Magill was born in 1908. She died on 5 Jan 1993. 
   21 M vii. Bernard Magill was born in 1911 in Tullydagan, Armagh, N. Ireland. He was christened in 1911 in St Peter Ch, Lurgan, Armagh. He died on 1 Oct 1972 in Milltown, Down, N. Ireland. He was buried in N. Ireland. 

Sources: See Mormon Microfilms numbers 0812096 and 1999999 for 1901 and 1911 censuses of Killaghy and Tullydagon, County Armagh, N Ireland.

22 F viii. Cathleen Magill was born in 1913 in Tullydagan, Armagh, N. Ireland. She was christened in 1913 in St Peter Ch, Lurgan, Armagh. She died in Aug 1913 in Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland. She was buried in N. Ireland. 

Sources: See Mormon Microfilms numbers 0812096 and 1999999 for 1901 and 1911 censuses of Killaghy and Tullydagon, County Armagh, N Ireland.

James married (2) Mary Jane McConaghy in 1920 in N. Ireland. Mary was born in N. Ireland. She died in Feb 1955 in N. Ireland. She was buried in N. Ireland. 

8. Mary Magill (Bernard, Roderick) was born in 1880 in , N Ireland. She died in Pawtucket, RI, USA. She was buried in Pawtucket, RI, USA. 

Mary returned to Ireland for a visit in 1920. She talked her nephew, Frank McGill, into emigrating to the US on her ship. His father resented her invitation. Frank lived with her family for a short period after arrival in US. She had no grandchildren. She and her family lived on Pine Street, Pawtucket, RI. 

Mary married Thomas Donnelly in Northern Ireland. Thomas was born in N Ireland. He died in Pawtucket, RI. He was buried in Mt St Mary Cem, Pawtucket, RI. 

They had the following children:
23 M i. James Donnelly was born in N. Ireland. He died in Pawtucket, RI. He was buried in Mt St Mary Cem, Pawtucket, RI
24 M ii. Bernard Donnelly was born in N. Ireland. He died in Pawtucket, RI. He was buried in Mt St Mary Cem, Pawtucket, RI. 
25 F iii. Mary Ellen Donnelly was born in 1909 in N. Ireland. She died in Pawtucket, RI. She was buried in Mt St Mary Cem, Pawtucket, RI. 
26 M iv. Edward Donnelly was born in N. Ireland. He died in Pawtucket, RI. He was buried in Mt St Mary Cem, Pawtucket, RI. 
27 F v. Margaret Donnelly was born in 1912 in N. Ireland. She died in Pawtucket, RI. She was buried in Mt St Mary Cem, Pawtucket, RI. 

Fourth Generation
10. daughter Magill (Bernard, Bernard, Roderick) was born in N. Ireland. 
daughter married McGinn in N. Ireland. McGinn was born in N. Ireland. 

They had the following children:
28 M i. Reverend McGinn was born in N. Ireland. 

17. Francis Joseph McGill Sr (James, Bernard, Roderick) was born on 1 Sep 1902 in Killaghy, Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland. He was christened in 1902 in St Peter Ch, Lurgan, Armagh. He died on 15 Feb 1971 in Fort Neck, Charlestown, RI. He was buried in Mt St Mary Cem, Pawtucket, RI. 

Frank worked for the Blackstone Valley Gas And Electric Company in Pawtucket, RI for forty-six years. He worked primarily as a pipefitter. He also held many small part time jobs to augment his income for raising a family with six children. His Social Security number was 036-10-0554. He probably had, at the most, seven/eight years of formal education. He and his siblings attended the one room, Halftown School in Tullydagan. He then worked on a nearby farm that belonged to the O'Neill family. Many of the O'Neill sons and daughters entered the Catholic clergy. 
He arrived in New York aboard the liner SS Kaiserin Auguste Victoria on 9 Sep 1920 at the age of eighteen and became a US citizen in Sep 1933. He accompanied his father's sister, Mary Donnelly (aged 40), who had been visiting in Ireland and her two daughters, Margaret (8) and Mary (12). On board also were two relatives of his mother. They were Joseph Lavery (48) and Joseph McAreavey (24). He returned for visits to N Ireland circa 1950, 1964 and 1970.
He lived with his aunt Mary Donnelly's family on Pine Street in Pawtucket for a short period after arrival. Early on, Frank and Mary had a falling out. However, he maintained friendship with her many children through the years. His aunt Mary had no grandchildren. For a short period after arrival he worked at Swanpoint Cemetery in Providence.
According to the Polk Directory for the City of Pawtucket Frank and Agnes McGill lived at 140 Anthony Avenue in 1925; Frank and Agnes McGill at 12 1/2 Kimball Avenue in 1926; and Frank and Agnes V at 255 Glenwood Avenue in 1928. In the US Census for 1930, he, his wife and their three children reside at 255 Glenwood Avenue. These addresses are in the South Woodlawn Section of the city. An empty lot was at 253/255 Glenwood Avenue in 1925. He purchased the two family tenement house at 253/255 Glenwood Ave in the South Woodlawn section of Pawtucket in the early 1930's. The house was across the street from the German Club and next door to a neighborhood grocery store. Probably, daughter Marie, son Frank and daughter Dorothy were born on second floor at 255 and remaining two children on first floor at 253. The gas cooking stove in the kitchen pantry was used to heat all water for the family. A hot water heater was installed in the basement around 1944. For Frank and his family in the 1930 US Federal Census see microfilm roll #2173, Providence County, Enumeration District 4-261. 
All of his children attended the eight year St Raymond Parochial Grammar School on Ninth Street in Providence. The school had no lay teachers. This school was an eight city block walk each way from their home. All six children walked to and from school and walked home for lunch. The family also attended St Raymonds Church, which was on North Main Street one block down the hill from the school. Both school teachers and church priests were of the Dominican Order. When grammar school let out for the summer break, he would give his three sons their summer haircut. He would take his hand powered clippers and cut every bit of hair from their heads. The haircut was referred to as a "Baldy Sour." 
His tenants were the Parrys, McElroys and Gomes. During the depression his tenants, the McElroys, ran up a large rental bill, which they never did pay. 
He drove his young family to Ocean Grove in Swansea, MA for a swim in the summer; cultivated a victory garden in Cumberland, RI during WWII and made his own elderberry wine for a few years. The bottles of wine sat on a shelf in the basement. On a winter night, when the house was quiet, we would hear a "Pop" as a cork flew out of a bottle and hit the ceiling. He quit making elderberry wine after he saw a large snake under an elderberry bush in the filter beds down off North Main Street in Providence. He, his wife and children would drive up into Cumberland or down into South County and pick grapes in the fall and blueberries in the summer for Agnes to preserve. Some of his pre-owned autos were bought at auctions held each spring at the Frank Crook Auto CO on Main Street in Pawtucket. One of his autos was a tan colored Essex. His wife Agnes would prod her young children to kid him by calling him a "Far Down." She would also tell her children that her ship the "St Louis" was much nicer than his ship the "Kaiserin Auguste Victoria" even though his ship had a more impressive sounding name. A favorite place for his family to visit was the Maxbie farm in Cumberland, RI. The widow Maxbie always had the welcome mat out for this family with six children to run among her cows, goats, chickens, barns and pastures. This trip always included a stop at a Trappist monastery in Cumberland. Another stop would be to buy fresh vegerables at the Angel farm on Angel Road on Cumberland Hill. One day his family was aghast as Angel wrung the neck of a chicken for them to take home. Angel would say to Agnes "My name may be Angel, but I am not an angel."
When his wife Agnes died in the rear bedroom of the first floor tenement at 253 Glenwood Avenue, he had six children. Their ages ranged from seven years to nineteen years. He kept his family together with the strong help of daughter Marie and her younger sister Dorothy. He had worked a swing shift at BVG&E for many years and continued after her death.
He often said to his sons, "Show me your friends and I will tell you what you are." An admonition to his sons was that if they got themselves in trouble with the "law", they will have to get themselves out of it. He was a member of a social group known as the Eire Society. The group was composed primarily of people born in Ireland. This group held an Irish dance every Saturday night in a rented hall in downtown Pawtucket. At different periods during his life Frank socialized with this group. It was here that he most likely met his wife Agnes. It was here also that his son Jim met his wife Ann Winters. For a short period he dated a niece of his father's second wife Mary Jane McConaghy. This occurred about four years after the death of Agnes.
At the time of his marriage to Rose OGara, he sold the Glenwood Ave two tenement home. He purchased a Cape Cod styled home on Windsor Court in the Darlington section of Pawtucket. This was also home to sons Frank and Tom and daughter Patsy until they married. He and Rose were married in New York by a Dominican priest friend of his named Father Kelly. 
He lived in Pawtucket, RI during his working life and Charlestown, RI after retirement. After retirement he and Rose had a home built at Fort Neck in Charlestown, RI. He cultivated a large garden, had four or five fruit trees and did ocean surf fishing in retirement. He revisited his home in Ireland with his second wife Rose after retirement. When he put in his garden at Fort Neck he had to remove many round field stone. He built a four foot high wall (no mortar) the width of his houselot with that stone. Some of the stone he removed had been positioned in rings and blackened on the inside. These fireplaces had been used by the Ninigret Indians centuries ago for heat and cooking. 
"Daddy went to Ireland the first time before his father died. He dreamt that his father was ill or had died. The very next day (circa 1950) he went down and got his airplane ticket. We had rented a house at Matunuck (ocean front). Nora OConnor came to RI on a plane from Philadelphia to Hillsgrove. We had to wait for her because of some delay and then we went to the beach. Dorothy, Marie , Tommy and I were there, too. Tom Duffy came down to visit. While we were there, Daddy came home from Ireland with a "Willy John" cap on and a pipe in his mouth. I can still remember when he came up the stairs with 
a tweed jacket on. In other words, Daddy made a trip home to Ireland before his trip with Rose and Sr Madeleine in July 1964. They went to Ireland again in 1970 in late summer. He first felt a pain in his side when he got into his car after mass on December 8, 1970," daughter Pat Gagnon, 26 Jul 1999. He suffered from ulcers for many years and died at home from a cancer of organ/organs in his abdomen. He wanted to die at home and not in the Westerly Hospital. The illness came on in the fall when he and Rose were traveling in Ireland. His doctor asked Rose if she or he should be the one to tell him the 
seriousness of his illness. After consultation with son Jim, Rose told the doctor to be the one. The doctor told Frank in the Westerly Hospital room that he had cancer and would live for a month or two.
With him when he died were his wife Rose and son Frank. Frank had replaced Sister Madeleine. She was exhausted after two weeks of helping Rose care for him. The morning that he died, he was asked if he wanted the shade raised so that he could view the beautiful sunrise. He said no, that he did not want to see the sun come up that day. His last words, about two minutes before dying, was the question, "Am I Dying?" Within a few minutes of dying Rose tied a piece of cloth from under his chin up over the top of his head to hold his chin in place. She closed his eyelids. She also placed his arms along his sides and wrapped him in a sheet. Rose and son Frank then said the Lords Prayer before the undertaker arrived.
"As you mentioned we are invited to share our thoughts and as I remember that morning, February 15 1971, we received the call at Avondale Rd, around 7 AM that Daddy had taken a turn for the worse and come quickly. Sr Madeleine was with us and it was our Johnny's 12th birthday. I think the school February vacation had started. Sr M went down to the garage and got my white Rambler station wagon while I got ready. Jack was home with the kids and Sr and I went over to Fort Neck. We were there around his bed when he took his last breath. I thought we said the rosary afterwards and Rose said those short ejaculations with the name of Jesus in them just as he died. We were there until afternoon because others (Dorothy, Jimmy and perhaps Tommy) came down and we decided with Rose where he would be waked. Fr Carr, pastor of St Mary Church and also their (Rose and Frank) St James Chapel, told Rose about Forbes Funeral Home in Wakefield. He was buried from St Mary Church in Carolina, RI. I remember going to Forbes the night of the wake. When I saw him he looked just like the pictures of him when he was a young man. I felt so much better because I remember how the illness took so much from 
him," daughter Pat Gagnon, 26 Jul 1999. 
He was buried with his first wife Agnes in Mount St Mary Cemetery, Pawtucket RI. A stone was put on their grave after his death. After the death of Agnes and until his death the only mark on the site was a cement post with the number '222'. Later, his second wife Rose was buried with her mother in the same cemetery.
The following is a description of Frank written by his son Thomas McGill on 30 Nov 2001. It is entitled, "Head Of A Dynasty." 
"After returning from the city of brotherly love, where I met again with Paula and children, I recalled my many visits to Philadelphia with my father in the 40s. When you think of his many fine qualities, you wonder if he ran past here as a model. 
"Let us begin with the man. When I last visited with him in Charlestown, RI, he wondered aloud as to my general welfare and well being and this was in his final hours! Isn't that what it's all about, caring about others and not our own self interest? Who faced much of his life with unending pain due to an ulcer! Who came home to a cold house as we had not 'banked' the fire in the boiler!
"I recall he suffered without denigrating others or life itself! He held his pain as did he offer up these sufferings! I don't recall a swear word by the individual. 
"Do you get points for feeding your family? He cooked many a meal between 1944 and 1954! He walked with two bags of groceries from the city line! He showed us early on that other young people were welcome 'to go to the beach' in the car. 
"Sometimes, he would visit the Pawtucket Welfare Office and invite me out to lunch. Often, I would venture out to Windsor Court for a noon meal. He gave me the pick of his tie rack on my last visit!
"One admirable quality was known to many in Pawtucket. Frank McGill visited the sick, the aged and the lonely. Many were former employees of the 'gas house.' He could be counted on as he was not just a fair weather friend!
"He worked for over forty years on a swing shift which meant he was always short of sleep-he still carried on his many duties. How many today attend a mass at 6 a m as he often did at St Mary's Church? I recall also the many hours he would devote to his brother-in-law (Redmond) who ran a bar.
"My father had to take time out of his life to meet with the Christian Brothers at St Raphael Academy in 1950. We did not have a car. I was an embarrassment, not only because I was failing in school, but I wore two different colored socks to the meeting! ( I was ahead of my time, they are now the rage.) At the end of the night the principal suggested strongly that I enroll at another school. As my father and I walked down Walcott Street to the downtown bus, he showed me how human he was by slugging me into the bushes. I was due the punishment , but he did not belittle me and again he never swore in my presence.
"Francis McGill, who left his home in Ireland at an early age, knew his role in life. He was a faithful companion and provider to both of his wives. He raised six children on his own after the early death of his first wife. 
"Through it all, he had the Irish wit. He held appointed office as the Inside Guard at the Eire Society meetings and dances. When asked what would be his first action if a disturbance broke out , he answered, 'Tell the Outside Guard.' His third son, Tom."

Francis married (1) Bridget Agnes Veronica Connor daughter of Patrick Connor and Maria Gara on 19 Feb 1925 in St Joseph Church, Pawtucket, RI. Bridget was born in Nov 1895 in Glenmullynaha East, Mayo, Ireland. She was christened on 1 Dec 1895 in Charlestown Parish, Achonry Diocese, Mayo, Ireland. She died on 21 Mar 1944 in 253 Glenwood Ave, Pawtucket, RI. She was buried in Mt St Mary Cem, Pawtucket, RI. 

Agnes' baptism sponsors were Pat Gara and Maria Gara, see Mormon (LDS) 16mm microfilm #1279230. This microfilm also contains the baptisms and marriage of her parents. It is a copy of the Parish Register of St James Church in Charlestown, Mayo. It also contains the baptisms and marriages of her relatives back to about 1855. Charlestown Parish is in the Diocese of Achonry. She was baptized with the given name of Bridget. She was Bridget on the ship that carried her to New York. She was Agnes on the 1920 US Census. She was Agnes V on the 1928 Polk Directory for the City of Pawtucket. She was Agnes V. on the birth certificate of son Frank in 1929. See also the Mayo, Ireland 1901 Census for Agnes as a five year old child with her family. This is LDS 16 mm microfilm reel #0846251. The film contains all families in the townland Glenmullynaha East at that time. Glenmullynaha East was also called "Mullaghanoe" and "Glann".
Prior to the 1850s the ancestors of Agnes would have attended the Chapel of Kilbeagh. This chapel was in the townland of Tample. It was to the east and closer to Glann than St James. When St James was built the Chapel of Kilbeagh in Tample was abandoned. The Tample Cemetery is still there. The parents of Agnes and her other ancestors are buried in that cemetery. 
We must obtain a listing of all those interred at Tample. A record exists that contains inscriptions of the 200 approx. headstones from 1810-. Most are from 1900 onwards. The record also contains a list of all those buried there from 1942 to 1994. Today (2000) the chapel building is owned and used as a farm building by two Doherty brothers. Thirty-seven families lived in Glenmullynaha East in 1855. Four of these families had the surname Gara and ten families had the surname Connor. 
Agnes probably had no more than seven or eight years of formal schooling. She would have attended the National School in Glenmullynaha East her townland. We must find the archives for that National School. Her parents were literate so they may have attended the same school. What did she do in Ireland, from the year she finished attending the National School until the year she emigrated at the age of nineteen or twenty?
She sailed from Liverpool on 10 Jun 1916 with second cousin Kate Regan. Both were about twenty years of age. They arrived in New York on 18 Jun 1916 with the home of Agnes' second cousin Jim Regan on Rhode Island Ave, Pawt, RI as their final destination; see ship SS St Louis manifest. This multi page document is also on Mormon microfilm. Kate, a sister to Jim Regan, was detained overnight in New York by immigration authorities. What did Agnes do during that period? Kate, as a five year old with her family, is on the Glannmullynaha East, Mayo, Ireland 1901 census. I believe that Kate's mother Attracta 
(Agnes) Regan, nee Daugherty is a sister to our great grandmother Margarita Connor, nee Daugherty.
Katie and Agnes grew up in the same neighborhood, Glennmullynaha East. They went to the same school and were the same age. Katie's mother used the name Agnes. Katie's mother's given name was Attracta when her children were baptized. Could she be the source for the name change Bridget to Agnes? Two friends of Agnes' in RI were Kathleen Robinson of Dexter Street in Central Falls and Isabelle Quinn of Magill Street in Pawtucket. Kathleen was the godmother to her son Frank. 
On 10 Jan 1920 Agnes resided in the home of insurance-real estate broker Carlos Hunt, 10 Brook St, Pawtucket, RI as a twenty-four year old servant, see 1920 federal census, (Enumeration District 138). Also residing in the home were three women aged 74, 76 and 77. Two of these women were retired school teachers and aunts of Carlos, the other was a boarder. According to daughter Marie, Agnes resented having to care for these three elderly women in addition to her work as a housekeeper. She lived in Pawtucket as a single woman for nine years. What did she do with her free time during those nine years? Years later she told her children that prior to her courtship with Frank she had dated a Pawtucket businessman who had only one arm. William McAreavy and Rose OGara were witnesses at her marriage in St Joseph Church on Walcott Street in Pawtucket.
Her daughter Marie, Sister Madeleine, is adamant in her belief that Bridget Agnes also had a given name of Veronica. This may have been a Confirmation name, but I have never seen the name on a document. She was baptized with the name Bridget. She was identified as a five year old on the 1901 census of Ireland as Bridget. She used Bridget on the manifest for the ship SS St Louis. She then used Agnes on the 1920 federal census in the US. She would have been a communicant of close-by St Joseph's Church. It would be interesting to see how she listed herself on that church's ledger as a communicant and as a bride. 
She and her husband lived at 140 Anthony Avenue, in the South Woodlawn Section of Pawtucket RI in 1925 when first wed. They then moved to 12 1/2 Kimball Avenue in same area where son Jim was born in Dec 1925. They were living on Kimball Avenue in 1926. They moved to 255/253 Glenwood Avenue in the same section of the city where their other five children were born. Agnes sent all of her six children to parochial grammar and high schools. She spoke with a brogue and enjoyed conversations with the friends of her children. St Raymond's the grammar school attended by her children was eight city blocks distant on Ninth Street in the city of Providence. The children walked home for lunch. She made certain that her sons were altarboys and newspaperboys. She was elated when her children were on the honor roll in high school. The family's parish church, St Raymond, was on North Main Street in Providence, a block down the hill from the school. She washed and ironed the white surplices and white cassocks worn by her altarboy sons. She said that she liked the smell of the incense that came from them. Her children wore school uniforms. Light blue shirts and dark blue ties for the boys and light blue shirts and dark blue jumpers for the girls. When her sons started grammar school in the early "thirties" they wore knickers. Long trousers came in around 1936. 
Occasionally, she would look for her lost wedding ring. She always thought that five or six year old son James had taken it from the sideboard and lost it in the yard. Her pink and black wedding dress hung in the closet in the middle bedroom during the ninteen thirties. "Our mother's wedding dress was cocoa brown and a lighter shade of a similar color of a chiffon material. 
I remember it well. l saw it many times in the trunk that we kept in the middle bedroom. It wasn't black and pink as you remember. It was a very pretty dress too." daughter, Pat Gagnon, 26 Jul 1999. 
Her most frequent expression, when upset by an action of one of her six children, was "Jesus, Mary and Joseph." She more then likely used that expression on the following occasions:
-- When an upset grocer by the name of Harrison knocked on her rear door. He owned and operated a neighborhood store next door to Agnes. Harrison stood on the steps at the side porch while they talked through the open window. He asked her to do something about her six year old freckle faced, red headed, bespectacled son Frankie. It seems that every time his customers sent their children to his store, Frankie would be seated on the bottom step of Agnes' front porch. As the children (boys and girls) tried to pass his house the freckle faced redhead would threaten and chase them back to their homes. 
-- When the irate Harrison asked what she planned to do about his huge plate glass store window that had been shattered. It seems that he was busy in his store when a huge rock smashed the window. When he looked out, there stood the same Frankie. As she stood at her back door with Harrison on the side porch, Agnes asked her redheaded freckled son if he broke the window. He shook his head no. He told the truth. Another kid threw the rock at him, it missed him and hit the window.
-- When the irate home builder and the stern police officer knocked on her rear door one night. They wanted to know what Agnes and her husband knew about the two story clubhouse being built by the neighborhood boys in the empty lot behnd her house. Was it a coincidence that the new home being built up the hill on Progress Street and the new two story clubhouse with all new lumber and windows were only two blocks apart? Son James took the heat on that one. The freckle faced bespectacled redhead, who was an accomplice, peeked from the darkened bedroom. The adult men in the "hood" told husband Frank that they admired the quality of the construction of the clubhouse. 
-- When a concerned mother, with the surname Cote, and her frightened daughter stood on the city sidewalk at the foot of the front steps and pleaded with Agnes to do something about the family's pet dog "Rusty." Whenever the daughter walked along the sidewalk to the store Rusty would run after her. He would snap at her heels. Agnes and some of her children were standing in the front door listening to her complaint. As Agnes was telling Mrs. Cote that the matter would be taken care of; the Chihuahua mongrel Rusty squeezed through their legs, ran down the steps and bit the little girl on her leg. I can hear her 
now, "Jesus, Mary and Joseph." 
She was a firm believer in the healing powers of Castor Oil and mustard plasters. Eight toothbrushes were not a common sight in the bathroom. 
A major event each grammar school year was the "play," an annual fund raiser held each spring in the basement hall of the church. Each class performed as a group. One class presented "HMS Pinafore." Each of her six children performed in eight productions during that period. The class would practice for two or three months prior to the show. All of her children would also practice their musical numbers at home. Agnes' foot operated Singer sewing machine made or altered many of her children's costumes.
When her oldest child James started high school, she purchased a used set of the Encyclopedia Americana for use by her children. The set and its bookcase were bought from a family on Loudon Street. She would often refer to son James as Seamus. She would pronounce the name as Sha'mus. Her grandfather's sister, Helene "Nellie" Sheridan (1857-1937), nee OGara, would live with the family for a few days to give her an assist when a couple of Agnes' children were born. All of her children were born at home. At the time Nellie would have been in her seventies and had never borne any children of  her own. Nellie was very small in stature. When a couple of her youngest children were born she hired other women. They were from families that were hard hit by the economic depression of the thirties. 
Her bachelor uncle Redmond "Uncle Ned" OGara (1870-1934) a jewelry maker in Attleboro, MA would often visit her. A bachelor son of Edward OGara (1848-1922), a brother of her grandfather, would also take a bus from Attleboro to visit her family. He was Michael "Cousin Mike" OGara (1877-1937) a bartender at either the Elks or the Moose Club in Attleboro. Michael was born in Fall River, MA to Edward's first wife. One Saturday night in 1937 Agnes and Frank were grocery shopping at the "Challenger." The "Challenger" was an early supermarket on Pawtucket Avenue near the Prov/Pawt city line. They left the older children at home. Cousin Mike knocked on the first floor tenement rear door. The children, home alone, would not answer the door. He left ice cream for the children on the back hall steps. He walked to a bar on Pawtucket Avenue, he ordered a drink and then fell off the bar stool dead. The bar was later owned and operated by Agnes' brother Redmond. That night while the parents were shopping, the children were lighting matches under a blanket in the front bedroom. The matches were being lit at the moment that Cousin Mike was knocking on the back door. 
Agnes and her large family were always welcomed at the Woonsocket home of Margaret Brennan (1887-1978), nee OGara, and at the home of Kathleen Arruda, nee Healy, in Little Compton, RI. Both Margaret and Kathleen are descendants of John Joseph OGara (1846-). John Joseph was a brother of Agnes' grandfather Thomas (1840-1887). She would hand carry the family groceries the six city blocks from the supermarket "Challenger" at the city line between Providence and Pawtucket. In the thirties there was no such thing as prepackaged food. She would walk up to Oak Hill Plat to hand deliver the eight or ten dollar monthly mortgage payment on the home. The home had a coal fired hot air furnace and coal bin in the basement. She or Frank would shovel the coal into the furnace and Frank would remove the ashes. Her washing machine was in the basement. A few times she was seen crying when her fingers got caught in the wringer. During the nineteen thirties all hot water used in the home had to be heated on the pantry stove. Saturday night was bath night. The water would be heated in the pantry and carried to the tub in the bathroom. Did more than one child bathe in the same water? She had no telephone in the home. A hand wound record player sat in the south east corner of the dining room. For most of the thirties the record player was not used. On top of the record player sat the family radio.
The family never had a pet cat. The children did have their share of small chicks at Easter and rabbits in boxes in the back yard. One Easter, son Jim brought home six baby chicks and kept them in the basement. One morning Agnes found them dead in the ashes at the bottom of the furnace where they had gone for warmth. One night Redmond brought home a Chihuahua pup from his bar. This dog Rusty, a female, stayed for years and had a couple litters before being spayed. Agnes sat with Rusty in the basement when the young were whelped. 
At noon Agnes would send one of her children across an empty lot to the New England Bakery with a nickel to buy either a loaf of day old bread or a day old cake. She would occasionally send one down to Zamparinis Meat Market or to Meuniors Drug Store, both at the corner of Trenton Street and Pawtucket Avenue. Trolley cars ran on Pawtucket Avenue. On the rare occasions that she needed to use a phone the one in the booth at Meuniors was used. Her children also ran errands to "Harry" Hagopian, Gonya, Martin or the Pidge Avenue neighborhood grocery stores. She had an oak ice box in the cellar. She positioned a placard in the front window when she needed a block of ice. The position of the card (side up) alerted the iceman as to the size block that she wanted. During WWII she would have son Frank stand in line at the downtown Kennedy Dairy Store to buy a pound of butter, on the rare days that butter would be available. During the cold winter months a wooden box was positioned and braced outside of the pantry/kitchen window. The open side of the box faced the window. Food items that normally would be kept in the icebox would be placed in that box. The gas cooking stove was also in that small single aisle pantry. 
When the family drove to the beach at Ocean Grove in the summer, there was always room in the car for a couple of the neighbors' children in addition to the six of her own. All eight of the children wanted a window seat. The baby would sit on Agnes' lap. 
Her bachelor brother Redmond moved to RI from New York City in the early nineteen forties. She provided a bed for him in her home. On the bureau, in his bedroom, he kept a bundle of love letters. They were tied with a ribbon. She found it very difficult not to read those letters. Later, when Redmond married, he purchased a home on Glenwood Avenue a block from her home. 
On rare occasions Agnes would smoke. This would occur late at night after her six children were in bed. She would go into the small front hallway and close the door or the bathroom at the rear of the tenement and close the door. I remember her using a small white clay pipe.
The only time that the children were allowed in the parlor at the front of the tenement was when the family had visitors. They were also allowed in the parlor at Christmas. The tree sat to the left of the French doors. The doors were kept shut while she was alive. A framed photo on the parlor front wall was of her with infant daughter Dorothy on her lap. In the same photo was blond son James standing to her right and dark haired daughter Marie standing to her left. Her husband Frank was seated to her right with son Frank on his lap. Another framed photo on the east wall of the same room was of her brother Thomas, his bride and their witnesses. It was taken in New York City. For many years a framed saying hung in the dining room, outside of the bathroom. The saying was "Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow you will die." Was this paraphrase of Ecclesiastes, viii really a wedding gift? It was not looked on with enthusiasm. "I always thought the framed verse was 'Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise'," daughter Pat Gagnon, 26 Jul 1999. On a wall in the rear bedroom was a framed picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. 
She was very interested in politics. One of her downstairs tenants was an English immigrant named Gordon Parry. During the depression Gordon, who had no children, was unemployed. He would come up to the second floor during the day and talk with Agnes. They would often discuss the "Troubles" in Ireland, while Agnes did her ironing and Gordon's wife was working. A standing joke at the time was that Gordon would hurry down just before his wife arrived home. He would then push the furniture around, so as to look like he had been doing housework. Another bit of humor regarding Gordon and his wife... they 
would be heard arguing during the night as to who had the most space on their bed. They would rise and measure the space occupied. Agnes would pressure her husband to vote for her candidates or yes on issues that she favored prior to his going to the poll. When the controversial radio commentator Father Coughlin was "on" on Sunday afternoons none of her six children could let out a peep. She also subscribed to his publication "Social Justice." Two other favorites of hers were " Major Bowes' Original Amateur Hour" on Saturday night and "Mr Anthony", a marriage counsellor on Sunday night. As to famous personages her attitude was "I would not walk down to the corner drugstore to see --------."
Her husband Frank became a United States citizen in 1933. I believe that during her early years in the US her mother was pressuring her to return to Mayo. Agnes never became a citizen of the United States. By law, if she was wed to Frank prior to September 1922, she would have become a US citizen the day that he was naturalized. They were wed in 1925. During the allout war in the nineteen forties, the pressure was on her to become a US citizen. Ireland had remained a neutral nation. She would ask son Frank questions regarding civics and American history in anticipation of the naturalization oral exam. She was still an alien when she died. 
"She was ever so thrifty. She could make jam from {blue} grapes, pies from blueberries and chowder from quahaugs {all picked by the family}. She liked a new dress in the summer and a new hat too. She bought those brown and white spectators every summer. She looked very classy. Never did she have a permanent. She would not spend the money on herself. She worked seven days a week and on Sunday afternoon she would take a nap. Never did she buy glasses. She used whatever was there whenever she wanted to read the paper. She was interested in politics. We walked when we went shopping in the {downtown} stores in Pawtucket: the Boston Store, Shartenbergs and the New York Lace Store. After all of the buying and with the heavy bundles, we walked home, too. We saved the fifteen cents needed for the trolley. Our mother was hospitable. She put out her best when company came. From the auctions on the East Side she purchased linen tablecloths and quilts for the beds. The sisters told me that at Christmas time a large basket of fruit would arrive at the convent sent by her. At Christmas I was sent to the Post Office in Pawtucket to purchase two pound notes {which were sent to her parents in Mayo}. She corresponded with them regularly. When she died in 1944, they were still alive", Sister Madeleine, 22 Jun 1999. 
When her children began to attend parochial high schools, she worked at night. She was a cleaning woman in an office building in downtown Providence. She did this to earn money for their school tuition. She would walk the five blocks to Hope Street in Providence and use the streetcar/bus each night. One night a neighbor, with the surname of Paradise, made a pass at her. He was the Hope Street bus/streetcar conductor.
"I had my "15 minutes of fame." It actually came early on as I would accompany my mother to her office job in Providence. She would introduce me to other help as "This is my youngest son." I also recall walking to the Memorial Hospital to tell her of some slight at home, and being introduced to her nurses. Even today I take note when a little one is given 'some presence.' Was I her protector on those long trolley rides thru the tunnel? I was not there to protect her when she fell on the side walkway ice! (She fell at the downtown end of the Eastside Tunnel in Providence.) I recall the back of her head had blood for a few days. Was this the finish to her long distance job?" Son Tom McGill, 22 Jul 1999 
She died at home in the rear first floor bedroom at 253 Glenwood Ave, Pawtucket. It was shortly after a goiter operation at Memorial Hospital in the same city. Doctor Henry of Pawtucket was her physician. A few hours before her death another physician was called in. The new physician, a Jewish fellow, put her on oxygen immediately. A few hours prior to her death she requested that Jim, her oldest son, sit with her. Earlier, when her son Frank visited her in the hospital, on his way home from high school, she said that she could hear the cry of the "Banshee." She was buried from the McAloon Funeral Home in Pawtucket. After a mass at St Raymonds, she was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Pawtucket. The only stone on her grave, until the death of her husband Frank twenty seven years later, was a four inch by six inch bar of concrete with the number '222" in the center.
She was badly in need of prescription glasses, but for some reason would not obtain them. Before she took sick, she would often kid with her children. She would ask them if they would bury her in the backyard after she died. Her brothers Thomas, Anthony and Redmond made her home their destination when emigrating from Ireland. For years Carl Ortelt (1906-1991), the future husband of sister in law Mary Ellen, or his brother would deliver a dozen or so of eggs to Agnes on a Saturday evening. They would talk with her as she ironed clothes. Agnes introduced Carl to Mary Ellen. Mary Ellen felt that Agnes did not properly consider Frank's diet (ulcers) when preparing meals for her family. As a result during the last few years of Agnes' 
life they had a falling out.
On 16 Apr 1999 Agnes' son Tom purchased, for the sum of $158, an engraved memorial brick. The brick will be a part of the Irish Famine Memorial, at the soon to be built Heritage Harbor Museum in downtown Providence. This brick will be engraved with the following three lines: FRANK McGILL ARMAGH - AGNES O'CONNOR MAYO - WED 1925 PAWTUCKET. Each of Agnes' children are expected to bear his or her share of the brick's cost. Tommy, has everyone paid up?
Agnes lived as an alien in the United States for twenty eight years. For nine of those years she was a servant in another's home. Yet, she left her mark on the United States. She and her husband Frank left six children, twenty-eight grandchildren and sixty-two grandchildren as of 1 Oct 2000.

Francis and Bridget had the following children:
+ 29 M i. James Patrick McGill was born on 20 Dec 1925. 
   30 F ii. Sister Madeleine McGill OP was born on 22 Sep 1927 in Glenwood Ave, Pawtucket, RI. She was christened in St Raymond Ch, Providence, RI. 

Sister Madeleine Marie was born at 255 Glenwood Avenue in the South Woodlawn Section of Pawtucket, RI. Sister Madeleine was baptized Marie. She graduated from St Raymond Grammar School (1941) and St Xavier High School (1945) both in Providence. She took the secretarial course in high school. After high school she worked in the Trust Department for the Hospital Trust Bank in downtown Providence. She played the flute in the St Raymond School Band. She wore a black and white band uniform. While Marie was in high school she had part time jobs peeling apples for Lady Betty's two employee pie making and distribution shop on Trenton Street aroumd the corner from her home; a laundry at the corner of Dartmouth and Loudan Streets and at the New England Bakery. She inherited the apple peeling job from her older brother Jim. Those jobs were all prior to or at age sixteen. Marie worked in the City Treasurer's (McAloon) Office, for the City of Pawtucket for one or two years. Sister Madeleine OP has been in the Dominican Order (Blauvelt, New York) for fifty years. She has Masters Degree in Education (Reading) Rhode Island College, Providence, RI and was a parochial school teacher in Orlando, FL; New York, NY and Providence. RI. At this time (Nov 2000) she works in the Registra's Office, Dominican College, Blauvelt, NY. She and five others celebrated their fifty years as Dominicans on Oct 18, 2000. She, those five, plus their family and friends gathered at the chapel at the Convent of St Dominic in Orangeburg, NY for mass and a reception at the College. Sister was professed in 1952; graduated BS degree education Dominican College; 3rd grade teacher St Pious, Bronx, NY, 1958-1965; four years in new school in Ormond Beach, FL; taught St Lukes, Bronx, NY; Amenia, NY; St Raymond, Providence, RI; St Philip & James, Bronx, NY and finally St Paul Daytona Beach, FL. In Sep 1987 she assumed new role as Assistant to the Registrar at Dominican College, Blauvelt, NY.
"Yes, it is a life of dedication and one of joyful service with many blessings. Even if I do not live to see it, I hope that God will again choose someone in my family to give their life in service to his church" Sister Madeleine McGill OP.

+ 31 M iii. Francis Joseph McGill Jr was born on 8 Mar 1929. 
+ 32 F iv. Dorothy Ellen McGill was born on 24 Nov 1930. 
+ 33 M v. Thomas Anthony Aquinas McGill was born on 25 Jul 1933. 
+ 34 F vi. Patricia Ann McGill was born on 15 Nov 1937. 

Francis married (2) Rose M OGara daughter of Patrick OGara and Mary Faulkner on 4 Oct 1954. Rose was born on 24 Feb 1905 in Pawtucket, RI. She died on 14 Oct 1976 in Charlestown, RI. She was buried in Mt St Mary Cem, Pawtucket, RI. 

In 1927, after both of her parents were deceased, Rose lived in the home of the Harold Whittaker/Mary Rigby family (MRIN 448). Her first employment was as a secretary in a textile mill on Mineral Spring Avenue in Pawtucket, RI. Rose was employed as the executive secretary to Axelrod the Pres. of Crown Mfg. Co. (textiles) in Pawt., RI. When Axlerod sold Crown she became secretary to the director of the labaratory at Cranston Print Works, Crans., RI. She held this position at the time of her retirement.

18. Teresa Magill (James, Bernard, Roderick) was born in 1905 in Killaghy, Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland. She was christened in 1905 in St Peter Ch, Lurgan, Armagh. She died on 4 Aug 1998 in 6 Derryhirk Rd, Aghagallon, Antrim, N. Ireland. She was buried on 6 Aug 1998 in Aughagallen, Armagh, N. Ireland. 

Teresa accompanied her sister Mary Ellen on their trip to the US aboard the Caledonia. They sailed from Liverpool to New York; arriving in NY on 22 Nov 1930. They arrived in Pawtucket, RI at their brother Frank's home at 255 Glenwood Ave the night that his daughter Dorothy was born. They knocked on the second floor door. When Frank opened the door, they could see his pregnant wife Agnes come to her bedroom door. They had never seen Agnes before that night. Gordon Parry the first floor tenent (who emigrated from England) invited Mary Ellen and Teresa to stay downstairs with him and his wife while Agnes delivered her baby. While they were in the Parry apartment they heard the newborn baby Dorothy cry. Teresa later returned to her home in Ireland. Teresa made a statement at one time that the Heaneys in her neighborhood (see census record) were related on her mother's side of the family.
Source: County Armagh, N. Ireland census microfilms; #0812096, Killaghy, 1901 and #1999999, Tullydagon, 1911. These are Mormon microfilms. 

Teresa married Patrick Creaney in 1933 in Lurgan, Armagh, Northern Ireland. Patrick was born in 1908 in N. Ireland. He was christened in N. Ireland. He died on 27 Jan 1982 in N. Ireland. He was buried in 1982 in N. Ireland. 

They had the following children:
+ 35 M i. James Donald Creaney . Resides in Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland
   36 M ii. Francis Creaney was born in N. Ireland. Resides in Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland
   37 F iii. Dorothy Creaney was born in 1944 in N. Ireland. She died on 13 Dec 1984 in Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland. She was buried in N. Ireland. 
   38 M iv. Sean Creaney was born in Armagh, N. Ireland. Resides in Craigavon, Armagh, N. Ireland
   39 M v. Brendan Creaney was born in Armagh, N. Ireland. Resides in Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland

20. Sarah Magill (James, Bernard, Roderick) was born in 1908 in Killaghy, Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland. She was christened in 1908 in St Peter Ch, Lurgan, Armagh. She died on 5 Jan 1993 in Armagh, N. Ireland. She was buried on 8 Jan 1993 in N. Ireland. 

Sources: See Mormon Microfilms numbers 0812096 and 1999999 for 1901 and 1911 censuses of Killaghy and Tullydagon, County Armagh, N Ireland.

Sarah married Thomas Toner in Northern Ireland. Thomas was born in Armagh, N. Ireland. He died in N. Ireland. He was buried in N. Ireland. 

They had the following children:
   40 M i. Kevin Toner was born in N Ireland. Kevin resides with his family in London, Ontario, Canada.
+ 41 F ii. Marie Toner
+ 42 F iii. Sheila Toner
+ 43 M iv. James Toner. Resides in Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland

Fifth Generation
29. James Patrick McGill (Francis Joseph McGill, James, Bernard, Roderick) was born on 20 Dec 1925 in Pawtucket, RI. 

Jim was born in an apartment at 12 1/2 Kimball Avenue in Pawtucket, RI. That is twelve and one half. Jim graduated St Raymond Grammar School, Providence and St Raphael Academy, Pawtucket, RI in 1943. He served in the US Army toward end of WWII. Most of his tour was at the military hospital in Waltham, MA. His mother Agnes called him Seamus, pronounced Sha'mus.
Jim would take his younger siblings to Coles Farm near Brown Stadium where they would pick apples, ride on the hay wagon, draw water from the well and watch the cows being milked. He would also take them down across North Main Street where they would climb up through the stands and watch the Providence Steamrollers play football or Madonna ride his bicycle behind a motorcycle to the cries of "Poosha Madonna." The boys would also walk to the Providence Boys Club on Benefit Street where all of the boys would swim in the nude. This all occurred in the nineteen thirties.
Before Jim was fourteen he had an Evening Bulletin newspaper route in Providence. In the "thirties" racetrack owner OHara published an opposition newspaper "The Star Tribune." Jim later sold copies of that also. He was delivering the "Bulletin" on the afternoon of the "38" hurricane. He also delivered on his bicycle Score Sheets (sports) at night to taverns in Pawtucket, for a fellow named Zelinski. He peeled apples (before his sister Marie) for Lady Betty's Pie Shop. When he turned sixteen he had a part time job driving a delivery truck for Morley's Market on East Avenue near Hope Street. 
Employment: Annaconda Wire & Cable Co, Pawt., RI (plant maintenance); Narraganset Electric Co and for more than thirty-five years he was involved with material supply for New England Tel & Tel in Providence. Jim was the treasurer for the NE TEL & TEL employees union in Providence. During his working life: he lived at 255 Glenwood Avenue, Pawtucket when first married; purchased a two family house and raised his family on Grand Avenue in Cranston and then purchased a home in 
Governor Francis Farms in Warwick. Since his retirement he has lived in Fort Neck in Charlestown, RI. He lives in the house originally built by his father Frank McGill. He and his wife Ann cultivate a large garden. He is an avid golfer since retirement. He plays every day. He and his wife have visited Ireland quite often since his retirement.

James married Ann Catherine Winters daughter of Thomas Joseph Winters and Catherine Flynn on 18 Nov 1950 in St Joseph Ch, Providence, RI. Ann was born on 30 Aug 1920 in Cashel, Mohill, Leitrim, Ireland. She was christened in Cloonturk, Bornacoola, Leitrim, Ireland. 

Upon arrival in the US Ann resided in the city of Providence. She has been a homemaker for her husband and four children. 

James and Ann had the following children:
+ 44 F i. Ann Marie McGill RN was born on 18 Sep 1951. 
+ 45 M ii. Steven Michael McGill was born on 10 Dec 1952. 
+ 46 F iii. Colleen Patricia McGill RN was born on 14 Mar 1955. 
+ 47 F iv. Mary Catherine McGill was born on 19Nov 1958. 

31. Francis Joseph McGill Jr (Francis Joseph McGill, James, Bernard, Roderick) was born on 8 Mar 1929 in Glenwood Ave, Pawtucket, RI. He was christened in 1929 in St Raymond Ch, Providence, RI. 

Frank was born on the second floor of a two family tenement house. The address was 255 Glenwood Avenue in the South Woodlawn Section of Pawtucket, RI. Later when his parents purchased the house they moved downstairs to 253 Glenwood. Frank: attended St Raymond Parochial Grammar School, Providence; St Raphael Academy, Pawtucket and the University Of Rhode Island (Industrial Management). When he was nine years of age he had an Evening Bulletin newspaper route (30 customers) in Providence. He was in the third grade in grammar school. He was peddling them on the afternoon of the "38" hurricane. He was able to deliver about half of them before he had to quit because of downed trees and powerlines. About 600 people were killed. He had a Pawtucket Times newspaper route in Pawtucket (100 customers) when he was in the seventh and eighth grade of grammar school. He still found time to blow the bugle in the St Raymond School band and serve as an altar boy at St  Raymond's Church on North Main Street in Providence. He was on the school track and basketball team. On Sunday afternoons the neighborhood kids would attend the movies at the Hope Theater on Hope Street in Providence. The ticket cost nine cents. He and Billy Martindale were walking home from the theater one Sunday afternoon. Billy's father (a veteran of WWI) picked them up in his car. He said that the Japanese had just bombed Pearl Harbor. When he was in high school he worked part time at Riverside and then Swanpoint cemeteries. He worked at the New England Bakery until they found out that he was fifteen years of age. The management questioned him as to why there was only a four month gap between his and his sister Marie's birthdays. 
He worked for short periods at Royal Electric Co, Miller Electric Co, General Cable Co and Fram Corp. all in Pawtucket. He served a four year apprenticeship, as an aviation metalsmith, at Quonset Point, Naval Air Station, RI; was employed over forty years at Naval Aviation Depot Quonset Point, RI and Naval Aviation Depot Norfolk, VA; retired as a supervisor in the Production Engineering Department at Naval Aviation Depot Norfolk in 1993. He was first an intelligence and reconnaissance scout and then an infantryman in a rifle company in Korea during that war (1952). He served with the 2nd Battalion, 179th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division in Korea. He received the Combat Infantry Badge.
When first married he and wife Eleanor lived in a second floor tenement on Chestnut Avenue in Cranston. They purchased their first home for eleven thousand dollars on Brandon Road in the Friendly Community area of Cranston. They sold the Brandon Road Dutch Colonial style home when Frank was transferred to Virginia. 
"Frank's hobby is genealogy," said Eleanor.

Francis married Eleanor Marie Higgins RN daughter of James Joseph Higgins and Catherine Eleanor Logan on 27 Jun 1959 in Holy Name Ch, Fall River, MA. Eleanor was born on 24 Jan 1927 in St Luke Hosp, New Bedford, MA. She was christened in Feb 1927. 

Eleanor attended Sacred Heart Grammar School and Academy of the Sacred Hearts in Fall River, MA graduating in 1944. Her parents resided at 73 Carroll St, New Bedford, MA when she was born. She graduated from the Union Hospital School of Nursing in 1948. She attended Boston University School of Nursing and the University of Rhode island. For most of her married life she has been a homemaker. She was honored with the Good Samaritan Award of Catholic Family Services of Portsmouth, VA in May 1988. She was one of the founders of the Chesapeake, Va. CROP WALK FOR HUNGER and is involved in a number of other community activities. Eleanor has written one to four newsletters per year to family and friends since 1972. Copies of these letters have been saved and are in a three ring binder at each of the homes of her four children.

Francis and Eleanor had the following children:
+ 48 F i. Jane Marie McGill was born on 4 Jun 1960. 
+ 49 F ii. Elizabeth Agnes McGill RN was born on 20 Jul 1962. 
+ 50 F iii. Andrea Catherine McGill was born on 16 Dec 1963. 
   51 M iv. James Francis McGill was born on 30 Dec 1966 in Union Hospital, Fall River,MA. He was christened in St Matthew Chrch, Cranston, RI. 

Jim graduated Great Bridge High, Chesapeake, VA in 1985. Then through Rice Aviation Institute and Tidewater Community College, Chesapeake, VA he recieved his FAA Aircraft And Powerplant License in 1987. He first worked for Lockheed Aircraft in Atlanta for a year. Since then he has been employed as an aircraft mechanic by Piedmont Airlines (a subsidiary of US Airways) in Norfolk, VA. He is not married.

32. Dorothy Ellen McGill (Francis Joseph McGill, James, Bernard, Roderick) was born on 24 Nov 1930 in Glenwood Ave, Pawtucket, RI. She was christened in St Raymond Ch, Providence, RI. 

Dorothy was born at either 255 or 253 Glenwood Avenue in the South Woodlawn Section of Pawtucket, RI. She graduated St Raymond Grammar School and St Xavier Academy in Providence. Before marriage she was a bank employee in downtown Providence. When first married she lived in Columbus, GA. Her husband Jack was in the Army at the Infantry School. They then bought an English Tudor style single family home on Perrin Avenue in Pawtucket. Her seven children were born while the family lived in this home. After moving to Little Compton, she became a real estate agent in the Little Compton and Tiverton area of  RI as well as a homemaker. Recently she has also been caring for her centenarian aunt Mary Ellen.

Dorothy married John Peter McKinnon Sr son of John Lawrence McKinnon and Ursula Leah Womack on 15 May 1954 in St Raymond Ch, Providence, RI. John was born on 6 Mar 1930 in Providence, RI. 

John graduated La Salle Academy, Prov., RI and Boston College. He served in the US Army at Fort Benning, GA. He spent approximately one year as a semi pro baseball player (pitcher). He was a high school teacher, football coach and assistant principal at Tiverton High School, Tiverton, RI. After retirement from the school system he was active in local politics in Little Compton, RI. He served on the town council.

John and Dorothy had the following children:
+ 52 F i. Mary Magdalene McKinnon was born on 26 Oct 1957. 
+ 53 F ii. Maureen Rose McKinnon was born on 5 Apr 1960. 
+ 54 F iii. Patricia Ann McKinnon was born on 12 Jul 1961. 
+ 55 M iv. John Peter McKinnon Jr was born on 23 Apr 1963. 
+ 56 M v. Kevin Francis McKinnon was born on 14 Jul 1964. 
+ 57 M vi. Brendan Michael McKinnon was born on 5 Jan 1966. 
+ 58 F vii. Kathryn Maria McKinnon was born on 3 Feb 1970. 

33. Thomas Anthony Aquinas McGill (Francis Joseph McGill, James, Bernard, Roderick) was born on 25 Jul 1933 in Glenwood Ave, Pawtucket, RI. He was christened in St Raymond Ch, Providence, RI. 

Tom was born at 253 Glenwood Avenue in the South Woodlawn Section of Pawtucket, RI. Tom attended St Raymond Grammar School, Ninth Street and Highland Avenue in Providence for eight years. He attended St Raphael Academy and graduated from West High School both in Pawtucket. After serving in the US Army he graduated Providence College with a degree in education. He was a teacher for one year in the Barrington, RI school system. He served in the Military Police, US Army, on the Pacific side of the Panama Canal Zone for two years at the end of the Korean War. He was an Army cook for a portion of that tour. He was a social worker and an investigator for the State of RI. He has resided on Warwick Road in Pawtucket, RI during his work and retirement life. After retirement he enjoys a daily walk the length of the Blackstone Boulevard in Providence.
"Hold it right there! I swim three times weekly. I'm the principal driver in this household. We attend church daily. I'm an avid reader and traveler. He (referring to himself) wrote letters. He was up on current events. He had a garden. He saw good in everyone. He continues to love and serve God. He was a CCD (Catholic Christian Doctrine) teacher. He was charitable to all, not just his children. He was a Renaissance man. He was crowned 'King Of Pawtucket' at a seniors dance in 1999," Tom McGill describing himself in a 22 Jul 1999 letter.

Thomas married Anne Louise Treacy daughter of Edward Treacy and Margaret Rigby on 27 Dec 1958 in St Edward Ch, Pawtucket, RI. Anne was born on 15 Aug 1933 in North Bend Hosp,Pawtucket, RI. 

Anne was a librarian for Rhode School Of Design and for Johnson & Wales Business School both in Providence, RI. She has a masters degree in Library Science from Providence College. Anne obtained her degrees while at the same time being a homemaker for her husband and their seven children. 

Thomas and Anne had the following children:
   59 F i. Mary Anne McGill was born on 27 Dec 1959 in Pawtucket, RI. Mary Anne has lived in the San Francisco, CA area since about 1985. She is single and earns her living as a librarian.
+ 60 F ii. Paula McGill was born on 26 Apr 1961. 
   61 M iii. Francis McGill was born on 5 May 1962 in Providence, RI. Frank lives in Pawtucket, RI; is single; and works for the Distribution Department of the Providence Journal. He is an avid fisherman.
+ 62 F iv. Ellen McGill was born on 22 Aug 1964. 
+ 63 F v. Regina McGill was born on 22 Jan 1965. 
   64 M vi. Thomas Patrick McGill was born on 11 Jul 1968 in Pawtucket, RI. Tom has worked for a few years traveling for a hotel chain installing, upgrading and training personnel on computers systems. He is not married and has lived in San Francisco, Atlanta, New York State and again Atlanta.
+ 65 M vii. Stephen McGill was born on 16 Jun 1969. 

34. Patricia Ann McGill (Francis Joseph McGill, James, Bernard, Roderick) was born on 15 Nov 1937 in Glenwood Ave, Pawtucket, RI. She was christened in St Raymond Ch, Providence, RI. 

Patsy was born in the back bedroom (northwest corner) at 253 Glenwwood Avenue (first floor) in the South Woodlawn Section of Pawtucket, RI. I believe that Dr Henry (from Lyman Hill) was the physician. Her father Frank heated water on the stove in the kitchen and carried it to the doctor in the bedroom. John OGara of Woonsocket, RI was her godfather. Patsy attended St Raymond Grammar School on Ninth Street and Highland Avenue in Providence. She graduated from a girl's parochial high school (Sacred Heart?) in Pawtucket. After graduating high school. she worked for Fram Corporation at their corporate headquarters in East Providence. Since her marriage she has been a homemaker for her husband and six children in Westerly, RI. She walks a couple of miles every day.
When Patsy's sister, Marie (Sister Madeleine), first decided that she would enter the convent ;she would walk up to the convent at St Raymond's. She would the decision with one of the Sisters. I remember Marie mentioned that the young sisters at St Raymond's convent in their enthusiasm offered to help. They said that they had an empty room in their attic. They offered to help take care of Patsy there when Marie went to Blauvelt in New York State for her training. At that time Patsy would have been about twelve years of age. Of course the offer was never accepted. If the offer was accepted would we have a Gagnon family today? How would Jack have found her, in that attic, when he decided to go a courting? Would Patsy have sat at one end of the parlor? Would Jack sit at the other end? Would three or four of those young sisters sit in the middle acting as chaperones?
After marriage Jack's job took them to Cincinnati, OH. "In Cincinnati I worked at Meier's Winery. for a Robert Sonnerman (owner) and his assistant, Marge Rasmussen. That wine is still on the market and at that time S S Pierce carried it in the N E area. They were very good to me. While Jack took many business trips, this job was a godsend in many ways. Midwesterners are a very friendly bunch of people and they made me feel very welcome. They would always comment on my pronunciation of different words. Just before John Jr was born, they had a baby shower for me and gave many generous gifts to us." Patsy Gagnon, 24 Nov 2001.

Patricia married John William Gagnon Sr son of William A Gagnon and Margaret M Lightowler on 3 May 1958 in St Leo Ch, Pawtucket, RI. John was born on 16 Dec 1933 in Pawtucket, RI. He died on 20 May 2000 in Brigham And Women's Hosp, Boston, MA. He was buried on 24 May 2000 in St Sebastian Cem, Westerly, RI. 

John, after graduating Providence College, worked for the Grinnel Corp. as an industrial pipe sales rep in the midwest. He rented an apartment in Mystic, CT when he first joined Electric Boat (EB). They later bought the house on Avondale Road from a family that had been in the granite business in Westerly. After retirement he was an avid sailor. Jack was a member of the Radio Club at PC. As a member of that club he was an announcer at PC sporting events. 
Obituary for Jack in the Westerly Sun newspaper on Sunday, 21 May 2000.
"John J Gagnon Sr, beloved husband, devoted father of six, expert sub builder
"John J Gagnon Sr, beloved husband of Patricia Ann (McGill) Gagnon of Avondale Road, Westerly, passed away on May 20. 2000, after a courageous battle with leukemia at Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston. 
"Jack" was born in Pawtucket, RI, on Dec 16, 1933. He was the son of the late William and Margaret (Lightowler) Gagnon of Pawtucket.
"Mr Gagnon was a graduate of Pawtucket East High School in 1951 and of Providence College in 1955. He also attended the University of Houston in 1970 for studies in management.
"Jack had a long and distinguished career at the Electric Boat Corporation. After joining in 1959, he held a wide array of construction management positions at the shipyard in Groton, Conn. he was the general superintendent of piping trades during the construction of the Los Angeles, Trident and Seawolf submarine classes and, prior to his retirement in 1996, he was the construction manager of the Virginia (NSSN) class submarine. 
"After retirement, Jack continued as a consultant to the vice-president of programs to provide oversight and direction for the many "Design-Build" reengineering initiatives he championed in the 1990s. His tireless work ethic and his devotion to high quality inspired all those who worked with him and came in contact with him.
"Jack was an avid power boater and sailor of the Sand Pebbles (I&II) with frequent voyages to Block Island, Fisher's Island Sound and Napatree Point.
"He was a lector and eucharistic minister at the Church of St Clare, Misquamicut; treasurer of and volunteer fire fighter for the Watch Hill Fire Dept., 1962-1992; president of the Holy Name Society; a fourth-degree knight, Knights of Columbus Council 21, Westerly; member of the Management Club, Electric Boat; the Westerly Yacht Club, the YMCA, and the Providence College Alumni Assoc. 
"In addition to his wife of forty-two years, he is survived by four sons, John J Gagnon Jr of Emerald Hills, CA, Mark W Gagnon of Westerly, Andrew F Gagnon of Kingston and Paul T Gagnon of Salem, MA; two daughters Mary Elizabeth Coleman of Needham, MA, and Patricia A Gagnon Jr. of Westerly; two sisters Marie A Blakency of Orlando, FL and Marilyn A Lamoureaux of Cumberland; and seven grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
"Visiting hours will be Tuesday from 5 to 8 p.m. at Gaffney-Dolan Funeral Home, 59 Spruce St, Westerly. The funeral will be from the funeral home on Wednesday at 9:15 a.m. to a Mass of Christian Burial at 10 a.m. in St Pius X Church, Elm St, Westerly. Burial will be in St Sebastian Cemetery.
"Donations to Mr. Gagnon's memory may be made to Myelodysplastic Syndrome Research, PO Box 2282, Westerly, RI, 02881. (This research is being conducted at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston)." 
Celebration Of The Eucharist For The Christian Burial Of John Joseph Gagnon
First Reading: Wisdom 3: 1-9 Mark W Gagnon
Second Reading: Thessolonians 4: 13-18 Paul T Gagnon
Proclomation of Holy Gospel Rev Francis D Garrity
Prayer of the Faithful Mary Elizabeth Coleman
Presentation of Gifts Andrew F Dagnon & Patricia A Gagnon Jr
Eulogy and poem "Thank You From A Son" John J Gagnon Jr
Soloist David DeAngelis Jr
Organist Bruce Coon
Altar Server Elizabeth Coleman
Eucharistic Minister Barbara Dury

John and Patricia had the following children:
+ 66 M i. John Joseph Gagnon Jr was born on 15 Feb 1959. 
+ 67 M ii. Mark William Gagnon was born on 12 Aug 1960. 
+ 68 F iii. Mary Elizabeth Gagnon was born on 18 Dec 1962. 
+ 69 M iv. Andrew Francis Gagnon was born on 28 Sep 1964. 
+ 70 M v. Paul Thomas Gagnon was born on 5 Dec 1965. 
   71 F vi. Patricia Ann Gagnon was born on 10 Mar 1970 in Westerly, RI. "Tricia" graduated Dartmouth College in NH with a degree in the Latin Language. She is a school teacher in Westerly. Her first teaching position was on Block Island off the coast of RI. She is now a high school English Department head in Westerly, RI. 

35. James Donald Creaney (Teresa Magill, James, Bernard, Roderick) was born in N. Ireland. 

James married Nora McCourt in Northern Ireland. Nora was born in 1938 in N. Ireland. She died on 19 Jun 1998 in Lurgan Hosp, Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland. She was buried in St Coleman Cem, Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland. 

Nora's residence 7 Ailsbury Park, Tanganeven, Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland..Could her birth year have been 1929?

James and Nora had the following children:
+ 72 M i. Anthony Creaney .
   73 M ii. Sean Creaney was born in 1974 in Co Armagh, N. Ireland. He died on 9 Jan 2001 in Craigavon, Co Armagh, N. Ireland. He was buried in Jan 2001 in St Coleman Cem, Lurgan, Armagh, N. Ireland. 

Sean was an athlete. He was six feet tall and played Irish football. He died from cancer of the stomach. He was engaged to be wed in Jun 2001 to Ounagh McCann. He earned his living as a bricklayer. He was the captain; leading goal scorer and "Best Player of Year 2000" for the Lurgan Celtic Football Team. His funeral included a requiem mass at 12 noon on a Thursday at St Peter's Church in Lurgan, Armagh. Obituary mentions a neice with a given name of Danagh-Maria.


41. Marie Toner (Sarah Magill, James, Bernard, Roderick) was born in N. Ireland. 

Marie stayed with her aunt Mary Ellen Ortelt when she first came to the US. She then moved in with her uncle Frank McGill's family at 253 Glenwood Avenue, Pawtucket, RI. In 2002 she lives in Bangor, Maine and is the mother of seven children. Does she have five daughters and two sons?

Marie married Thomas Tier in USA. Thomas was born in USA. 
Two of her seven children are: 
74 F i. Deborah Tier .
75 F ii. Kimberly Tier .

42. Sheila Toner (Sarah Magill, James, Bernard, Roderick) was born in N. Ireland. She died in N. Ireland. She was buried in N. Ireland. Sheila died at age thirty-seven from cancer.
Sheila married Roy Lavery in Northern Ireland. Roy was born in N Ireland. 
They had the following children:
76 F i. Jolith Lavery was born in N. Ireland. 
77 M ii. Gregory Lavery was born in N. Ireland. 

43. James Toner (Sarah Magill, James, Bernard, Roderick) was born in N. Ireland. 
He had the following children:
78 F i. Caroline E Toner was born in N. Ireland. 
79 F ii. Emily Toner was born in N. Ireland.