Elizabeth Christina Betty Hughes
This photo of Betty was taken in 1862,
when she was 9 years old, it is on glass, and is in the
Betty was the wife of Thomas Natanial Hawkins. Betty and Thomas were married in Smith Co. TX in 1868. Their children were:
1. Thomas Homer born Nov. 21, 1869 in
Smith Co. TX died Feb. 7, 1884 Henderson Co. TX
2. Beulah born March 21, 1871 Kirbyville, Smith Co. TX died Aug. 8, 1955 Athens, Henderson Co. TX Married Benjamin Franklin Williams Dec. 5, 1885 Henderson Co. TX
3. Dellah born June, 16, 1874 Henderson Co. TX died Feb. 29, 1929 she is buried in Goodgame Cemetery off of FM 2494 Athens, Henderson Co. TX. Dellah married Charles Alexander Tanner Dec. 23, 1895 in Henderson Co. TX.
4. Faulk "Hank" born Nov. 2, 1877 Henderson Co. TX died Nov. 1, 1882 and is buried in Red Hill Cemetery between Murchison and Brownsboro.
5. Adah "Aunt Ader" born Jan. 7, 1879 Henderson Co. TX died Oct. 13, 1864 in Ft. Worth, Tarrant Co. TX. Adah married George Jones Hickman Oct. 28, 1894 in Henderson Co. TX.
6. Mittie born Aug. 4, 1883 Henderson Co. TX died July 16, 1899 Henderson Co. TX
7. Betty born Mar. 14, 1884 Henderson Co. TX died Sept. 20, 1905. Betty married Joe Oliver Williams April 1901.
Betty's parents were William Hughs and Cartrine Betty Allen. William was born in TN in 1815 and married Cartrine Sept. 1, 1850 in Fayette Co. TN. Cartrine was born 1833 in NC she married second James Jarmon on Dec. 30, 1874 in Smith Co. TX, she died July 16, 1898 in Henderson Co. TX, she is buried in the Richardson Cemetery.
Benjamin F. Williams & Beulah Hawkins
Thomas Nathanial Hawkins Betty's Husband
John S. Williams & Gladys O. Lewis
Old Photos Henderson Co. TX
Henderson County, Texas - Pioneer Families
Return to Henderson Co. TXGenWeb
Web page created by Bunny Freeman and Holli Boone Kees
© Copyright 2002 Bunny Freeman