History & Mission
Bramborová krémová polévka s kostkami anglické slaniny (Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon) from Rick Garza
1 kg potatoes
1 bunch parsley tops
8 slices English bacon
1 tbsp instant flour
1 dl cream
Salt & pepper
1 parsnip, diced
1 leek, thinly sliced
1 onion, diced
- Toss salt into 1 liter water & bring to a boil.
- Peel & slice potatoes into small cubes.
- Toss potatoes (and optional leek, onion & parsnip) into the heated water, seasoning with salt, pepper, & fresh cut parsley.
- In the meantime, while the soup boils, prepare garnish.
- Dice bacon & fry in a pan.
- Blend the tablespoon of flour in a small quantity of cold water. Blend in cream.
- Remove soup from stove, add the flour mixture and blend well. (Note: At this point I removed half the vegetables from the soup pot and set them aside. I then blended the remaining soup with the flour-cream mixture and returned the vegetables to the soup).
- Return soup to stove and cook and additional 2 minutes, so the entire ingredients are thoroughly simmered.
- To serve, adjust seasoning, top with diced bacon, a drizzle of cream and the fresh parsley.