Virginia Point Methodist Church
Driving Directions are at the bottom of this page.
*Note from Jerry Durham - "The Virginia Point church was burned during the civil war because the Union troops that camped there had typhoid fever. The first church (building) was made from logs hauled from Jefferson Texas in wagons, also did you know that behind the cemetery is a slave cemetery? I have a lot of kin there Amos, Price and Easterly."
Photograph by Ray McVay
Census by Julie Coley, complete with photographs of Tombstones
1997 Census by Mike Cross
1) Go 24 miles North to Exit #45, Hwy 121 (Bonham) - RIGHT
2) 14 miles to Hwy 160 - LEFT
3) 8 miles to Stop sign - STRAIGHT & stay on Hwy 160/69
4) 7 miles to Stop sign in Bells, Tx - STRAIGHT
5) .4 miles to Farm Road 1897 - RIGHT
6) 2.7 miles to Virginia Pt Cemetery (sign on left) - RIGHT
7) 1 mile to Virginia Point Methodist Church - ON LEFT
If you are coming from Sherman, Texas, follow these directions:
1) From 35N take Hwy 82 east to stop sign in Bells, Texas. To Farm Road 1897 - LEFT
2) 2.7 miles to Virginia Pt Cemetery (sign on left) - RIGHT
1 mile to Virginia Point Methodist Church - ON LEFT
It is a beautiful white church that has a single isle church down the middle with pews on both sides, with the most magnificent stain glass windows at the back overlooking the cemetery. Marie Youree had them made in remembrance of her husband, Bill Youree, died 1994, the Great Grandson of William Newton Youree and Anna E. Pritchett.