Children of Johnnie William Franklin Sr. and Almeda Ella Thorton:
1. Daisy Cleo Franklin MOBLEY b. 1/29/1911 d. 10/29/1979 buried - Wichita, KS
2. Juanita Anna Franklin BRADSHAW; b. 4/12/1914 d. 6/20/1984 - buried - Amarillo, TX
3. Johnnie William Jr. b. 11/30/1915 d. 1998 - buried Oklahoma City, OK.
4. Naomi Franklin ADAMS b. 6/14/1920 d. 5/29/2010 in Conway, AR
5. Frank Oscar b. 2/20/1925 d. 11/29/2013 - buried DFW National Cemetery
FRANKLIN, John William Sr Born: Oct 10, 1887, Knox, Erath Co. TX Died: Sep 16, 1955, Spur, Dickens Co., TX Father: John Austin FRANKLIN Mother: Laura PININA Occupation of Deceased: Night watchman Married: Almeda Ella THORNTON Born: Jan 1, 1892, Erath Co., TX Died: Jan 29, 1960, Spur, TX Father: Joseph THORNTON Mother: Rebecca LONG
Funeral services for Mrs. Almeda Ella Franklin, 68, were held at the Assembly of God Church Sunday, Rev. Vernon Hagar officiating.
She had been a resident of Spur and Dickens County since 1919. She was a member of the Assembly of God Church. She died January 29, 1960.
Interment was in the Spur Cemetery.
Survivors include three daughters, Mrs. Daisy Mobley, Amarillo; Mrs. Juanita Bradshaw, Amarillo, Mrs. Naomi Adam, Chicago and two sons, J.W., Jr. and Frank O. Franklin, both of Amarillo. Two brothers, E.H. Thornton, Matador, Tom Thornton, Pitchfork Ranch and two half brothers, W.C. Newman, Dallas and W.D. Newman, Ranger, one sister, Mrs. Roy Bradford, Roaring Springs.
©The Texas Spur, February 4, 1960Transcribed by Kay Laster
This site may be freely linked to but not duplicated in any fashion without consent.
The information on these pages is meant for personal genealogical research only
and is not for commercial use of ANY type.